UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite simple. Netherlands need to beat Portugal 3-0, 4-1, 5-2 whatever get a 3GD, and the Germans need to beat Denmark, without giving up a goal.

HAHA, YEAH RIGHT!

We're done.

You forget that you're going to play Portugal, a squad that many times a sure thing turns out to be anything but.

soundersbanner.png

Quite simple. Netherlands need to beat Portugal 3-0, 4-1, 5-2 whatever get a 3GD, and the Germans need to beat Denmark, without giving up a goal.

HAHA, YEAH RIGHT!

We're done.

You forget that you're going to play Portugal, a squad that many times a sure thing turns out to be anything but.

Well I know we have the finishers to score three. Its just a matter if we're going to give up more than one.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just admit it, NEW.ERA: The Dutch soccer team is just like most, if not all, of Amsterdam: Smoked. Out.

No way do they beat Portugal by three goals on Sunday. It's like the Dutch have decided to lay two huge eggs and they're paying for it.

I admit nothing... :P

Actually, maybe it's not as daunting as I think.

The Netherlands will advance to the quarter-finals if they defeat Portugal by at least 2 goals and Germany defeat Denmark.

Van Marwijk needs to insert Khalid Boulahrouz or Wilfred Bouma in place of Jetro Williems. He's 18, will be great one day, but he getting absolutely dominated out there.

No, it's not - the GD from matches against Germany gets thrown out in the three-way tie. Right now, Portugal is +1 (with 3 GS) in that potential tie, the Dutch are -1 (with 0 GS), and the Danes are set in stone at 0 (with 3 GS). The Dutch can't win at 0 GD, so a 2 goal victory and a German victory gets them through at +1.

Danes can't advance in the three-way tie - either someone's positive or they're all even, and even if NED win 1-0, they'd still be level with Portugal who has the head-to-head.

6fQjS3M.png

What makes the Germans so scary right now is Mario Gomez. I remember him missing gimmes against Poland and Austria 4 years ago and had a lackluster World Cup in 2010. A scary team is scarier!

Also any fellow Irish fans willing to do some Tebowing at 11:45(my time) tomorrow? Hopefully they can slay the Spanish dragon!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Netherlands will advance to the quarter-finals if they defeat Portugal by at least 2 goals and Germany defeat Denmark.

Van Marwijk needs to insert Khalid Boulahrouz or Wilfred Bouma in place of Jetro Williems. He's 18, will be great one day, but he getting absolutely dominated out there.

If Huntelaar doesn't start next game i'm gonna be pissed. I don't understand how the leading goal scorer in all of qualification for this tournament is coming off the bench.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

If Huntelaar doesn't start next game i'm gonna be pissed. I don't understand how the leading goal scorer in all of qualification for this tournament is coming off the bench.

I agree there as well. I'd even like to see Dirk Kuyt or van der vaart in the lineup somehow. Obviously the one guy that is replaceable is Afellay, and you're not taking Van Persie, Robben or Sneijder out. I guess it's a good problem to have with any other squad, but the amount of talent on this team, and no one can sacrifice for the nations good, that's when you get the horrible play.

They bought in during South Africa, albeit being accused by Johan Cruyff for not playing that oh so successful mid 70's total football.... Ego's and not enough effort repairing that back four after Van Bronckhorst retired, is what's leading to their downfall, but I can tell you this. If they somehow magically get into the Quarters, look out!

Somewhat surprising fact: Pirlo's goal in the first half was the 1st scored directly from a free kick at the Euros since 2004, the entire 2008 tournament didn't have one.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Ireland first team officially out of the tournament, unlucky to be drawn in a group where they were simply the weakest team.

Their fan support is incredible though.

EDIT: Dammit NEW.ERA beat me to all points :P

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Hey, Spain, how does a 2-2 draw sound to you? You win the group and Croatia can take second. Just get me to the knockout round now.

Assuming ITA win (otherwise ESP and CRO go through), here's how everything'd look in Group C

-With a 0-0 draw in CRO/ESP, Italy win the group and Spain go through as second place

-With a 1-1 draw in CRO/ESP, Spain are guaranteed to go through. If Italy wins by 3+ goals or wins 3-1 (or 4-2 and higher, etc), they go through. If Italy wins 2-0 or by 1 goal, Croatia goes through.

-With a 2-2 (or higher) draw in CRO/ESP, Spain win the group and Croatia go through as second place.

6fQjS3M.png

I thought you were American.

Americans root for where their families are from. It's like Miami sports fans on a world stage.

Yeah, but using we when referring to a country you're not a citizen of is a bit excessive.

I'm actually Canadian, but I'm of German heritage and I'm cheering for them. What's wrong with that?

I thought you were American.

Americans root for where their families are from. It's like Miami sports fans on a world stage.

Yeah, but using we when referring to a country you're not a citizen of is a bit excessive.

I'm actually Canadian, but I'm of German heritage and I'm cheering for them. What's wrong with that?

you used we to refer to a country that's not were you were born or where you live

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived