UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2008 Croatia were fined £10,000 for RACIST chanting and in 2012 Niklas Bendtner is fined £90,000 for showing his underwear..... what sort of world do we live in

Yeah, that couldn't possibly be anymore backwards. But hey, UEFA can't possibly risk upsetting their corporate partners!

Sometimes I really do understand why Paul Lukas rages about "corporate douchebaggery." When they've got ad boards temporarily set up on the field so the players can stand in front of it for post-game interviews, there's a problem, though I only know that they did that for the World Cup and I don't know if they've done it for this tournament.

They have. I caught at the end of a match when the players were filing off the field, two people were immediately bringing out the pain of glass to set it up on the field.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/news/1109501/sepp-blatter-wants-goalline-tech.html

This is pretty common across a range of sports. And it's really no different than having players standing in front of ad boards in post match press conferences, as is common in the US, I believe.

It's ridiculous no matter where it's done.

So you'd rather have to pay more for tickets because your favorite teams don't have that extra revenue?

6fQjS3M.png

So you'd rather have to pay more for tickets because your favorite teams don't have that extra revenue?

I said it's ridiculous, not that I want to get rid of it. It's a necessary evil.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Portugal move into the semis, fairly easy win over Czechs really, for a 1-0 win.

I am incredibly worried that a Spanish or French squad will bring out old Portugal in the semis. However, Ronaldo has stepped up and the cohesion that the boys have shone could launch them into the final. Forca Portugal!

soundersbanner.png

Portugal move into the semis, fairly easy win over Czechs really, for a 1-0 win.

I am incredibly worried that a Spanish or French squad will bring out old Portugal in the semis. However, Ronaldo has stepped up and the cohesion that the boys have shone could launch them into the final. Forca Portugal!

I hate to rain on your parade but Portugal's defense looks atrocious. There is an incredible amount of holes that I expect Spain to rip apart if they make it. Ronaldo needs help, he's not going to win Euro 2012 by himself.

Can we get a moratorium on an ESPN show featuring only Ballack and Lalas arguing about daily mundane issues? That's pure gold, right Jerry?

I hate to rain on your parade but Portugal's defense looks atrocious. There is an incredible amount of holes that I expect Spain to rip apart if they make it. Ronaldo needs help, he's not going to win Euro 2012 by himself.

Portugal's problem is that the supporting cast is not great. Stop the supply to Ronaldo and you're 2/3 of the way to beating Portugal. That being said in 1986, 2/3 of the way of beating Argentina was keeping Maradona off the ball. You'd think a team that is as good at keeping the ball as Spain is should be able to beat Portugal, but then local rivalries come into play. Portugal could[\i] go on and win it all.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Germany as expected dominated today over Greece. Can't wait for the France and España came tomorrow. France is more then capable of the upset over them. Should be fun no matter what!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

If France can get right at the Spanish back four, I think this game could go longer than 90 minutes. I'm still pretty worried about their chances.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Definitely a boring game today. Only real chance besides the goals was the free kick by Benzema. It will probably be a 1-0 game in the semis between Spain and Portugal(like the World Cup 2 years ago).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Are the Three Lions the equivalent of the US Baseball Team? What I'm saying is, it's our national sport. We should be very good, we think we're very good, but we're just average.

You hit the nail on the head. Still a long way to go for England to be a top team again!

But the expectation level back here is insane, it's probably comparable with the Maple Leafs!

Anyway congratulations to the Italians, outplayed us thoroughly and were deserved winners. (Although I don't agree with the mindset on the continent in which players try and shadow the referees jugement and the diving, shirt pulling etc. but that is a different matter)

You win some, you lose some, it's a funny old game. Bring on Brazil 2014!

I can't imagine a more annoying final four at this type of tournament. But, that's just my opinion.

Officially don't have a horse in the race, anymore.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived