UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mileskviy was offside when the original long ball was played, so it all evened itself out.

Yeah, and it wasn't called.

Safe to say these refs won't be getting a Knockout stage game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

England got away with one there, a clear goal for Ukraine would've tied it up.

IMO hardly a clear goal. If it crossed the line, it barely crossed the line. It's worth remembering that the TV camera was in front of the line, not on the line, making the ball appear further into the goal than it was, but technology would make it certain.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Here's a screen print. Take it for what it is.

575751_10151031989351055_586091879_n.jpg

The ball did cross the line, but it's irrelevant anyway. As crashcarson said, there was an offsides on the play so the play should have been stopped.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The ball did cross the line, but it's irrelevant anyway. As crashcarson said, there was an offsides on the play so the play should have been stopped.

I know it was offsides.

But offsides wasn't called. It would have been a goal, albeit a wrong one.

Well, good for me mates in England, and LOLing at France's result (although, I saw it coming - they are the French, after all), but I have a feeling both teams will be out after the quarters. I have to agree about Ukraine having scored in the match, though - I think the ball went across the line.

I know it was offsides.

But offsides wasn't called. It would have been a goal, albeit a wrong one.

Yeah but even if that was a goal England would have still won the group........

So really it is irrelavant, plus that stupid 6th official (or whatever they're called) could'nt see the offside or the alleged goal if it hit him in the face, waste of UEFA's money, which brings me to my next point:

In 2008 Croatia were fined £10,000 for RACIST chanting and in 2012 Niklas Bendtner is fined £90,000 for showing his underwear..... what sort of world do we live in

In 2008 Croatia were fined £10,000 for RACIST chanting and in 2012 Niklas Bendtner is fined £90,000 for showing his underwear..... what sort of world do we live in

Yeah, that couldn't possibly be anymore backwards. But hey, UEFA can't possibly risk upsetting their corporate partners!

Sometimes I really do understand why Paul Lukas rages about "corporate douchebaggery." When they've got ad boards temporarily set up on the field so the players can stand in front of it for post-game interviews, there's a problem, though I only know that they did that for the World Cup and I don't know if they've done it for this tournament.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Another pro sports league doles out ridiculous fines, the NHL anyone? Remember Weber got 2500 for slamming Zetterbergs head, while Queneville got 10000 for calling the refs a disgrace after them missing a player get seriously injured. (I know about the whole CBA, but it's still stupid)

With that said, the underwear fine had more to do with the advertising of the betting site. Still very ridiculous though.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Yeah, that couldn't possibly be anymore backwards. But hey, UEFA can't possibly risk upsetting their corporate partners!

Whilst agreeing with the fact it looks bad, the racism was the fans racism, so the Croatian FA is not directly responsible for it, whilst Bendtner was directly responsible for showing off his pants.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Whilst not agreeing with the fact it looks bad, the racism was the fans racism, so the Croatian FA is not directly responsible for it, whilst Bendtner was directly responsible for showing off his pants.

Yeah but the FA's of all countries should be responsible for there fans, I mean for one they represent there country, and I mean it's just ridiculous anyway, UEFA seem content with allowing racism to carry on but stop kind of accidental advertising dead in its tracks.

I can remember them incorporating 'Kick Racism out of Football' back when Wendesday were in the PL, and thats 13 years... Yet UEFA decide to host there European Championship in a country that is both clearly ignorant and has a hooligan fanbase that threatens to attack anyone of 'minority'!

Come on what century do we live in!? It was so severe that the families of Theo Walcot and Oxlade-Chamberlain decided to stay in England so they wouldn't be racially attacked..

Whilst not agreeing with the fact it looks bad, the racism was the fans racism, so the Croatian FA is not directly responsible for it, whilst Bendtner was directly responsible for showing off his pants.

Yeah but the FA's of all countries should be responsible for there fans, I mean for one they represent there country, and I mean it's just ridiculous anyway, UEFA seem content with allowing racism to carry on but stop kind of accidental advertising dead in its tracks.

I can remember them incorporating 'Kick Racism out of Football' back when Wendesday were in the PL, and thats 13 years... Yet UEFA decide to host there European Championship in a country that is both clearly ignorant and has a hooligan fanbase that threatens to attack anyone of 'minority'!

Come on what century do we live in!? It was so severe that the families of Theo Walcot and Oxlade-Chamberlain decided to stay in England so they wouldn't be racially attacked..

I entirely agree with the theme of the post, and to an extent I agree that fines for FAs should be steeper on the racism issue especially (and after all UEFA chucked English clubs out of competitions due to fan behaviour). But are severe fines from EUFA going to change attitudes? I think the answer to this issue has to be smarter than that.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Sometimes I really do understand why Paul Lukas rages about "corporate douchebaggery." When they've got ad boards temporarily set up on the field so the players can stand in front of it for post-game interviews, there's a problem, though I only know that they did that for the World Cup and I don't know if they've done it for this tournament.

They have. I caught at the end of a match when the players were filing off the field, two people were immediately bringing out the pain of glass to set it up on the field.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/news/1109501/sepp-blatter-wants-goalline-tech.html

Now Blatter wants GLT. If it wasnt for how corrupt FIFA is I'd propose a trade, bring in GLT, and get rid of Blatter. We all know that eventually some team was going to get boinked out of a crucial goal (and yes, in this case it was offside) so why wait for that to happen then change course, and not impose GLT right off the bat?

They have. I caught at the end of a match when the players were filing off the field, two people were immediately bringing out the pain of glass to set it up on the field.

This is pretty common across a range of sports. And it's really no different than having players standing in front of ad boards in post match press conferences, as is common in the US, I believe.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This is pretty common across a range of sports. And it's really no different than having players standing in front of ad boards in post match press conferences, as is common in the US, I believe.

It's ridiculous no matter where it's done.

So. The Russian federation was deducted 6 points for Euro 2016 qualifying because their fans were marching through the Warsaw streets celebrating their independence, probably not a wise place to do it, and it was the Polish media that made a major deal with it, and that's what led to the riots.

Bull :censored: in my eyes.

Now, Croatia gets fined a measly 10,000 pounds for their fans being racists. UEFA/FIFA preach respect as their number one goal, I know that's meant for the players, but you can't say the fans aren't included in that as well. The Polish fans did it to the Dutch during a training session and got nothing.

Which situation is worse? I think they're both equally awful, but I think the Croatian federation got off easy, and yeah 6 points is 6 points, but I don't think Russia will have much of a problem with 12 qualifying matches or whatever.

Archived