UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

Are the Three Lions the equivalent of the US Baseball Team? What I'm saying is, it's our national sport. We should be very good, we think we're very good, but we're just average.

You hit the nail on the head. Still a long way to go for England to be a top team again!

But the expectation level back here is insane, it's probably comparable with the Maple Leafs!

Anyway congratulations to the Italians, outplayed us thoroughly and were deserved winners. (Although I don't agree with the mindset on the continent in which players try and shadow the referees jugement and the diving, shirt pulling etc. but that is a different matter)

You win some, you lose some, it's a funny old game. Bring on Brazil 2014!

In fairness, for this tournament, expectations were low.

But we aren't going to win tournaments until we can pass the ball more effectively. We had moments against Italy, but once they got hold of the ball, we were poor.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Three Lions the equivalent of the US Baseball Team? What I'm saying is, it's our national sport. We should be very good, we think we're very good, but we're just average.

International play in baseball is glorified spring training; who gives a jack how we do?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can't imagine a more annoying final four at this type of tournament. But, that's just my opinion.

Officially don't have a horse in the race, anymore.

Conversely, I thought I was going to be a neutral last Sunday but what are you going to do? :hockeysmiley:

Also, since I don't usually compete in bracket tournaments, it's pretty cool that I'm actually winning this late. Hopefully my prediction of a Spain/Germany final is proven incorrect.

soundersbanner.png

My father's side of me is saying Go Italia, but my mother's side says Go Deutchland.

I always lean towards Italia but no matter who wins I want to win the Euro Cup.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I can't imagine a more annoying final four at this type of tournament. But, that's just my opinion.

Officially don't have a horse in the race, anymore.

Conversely, I thought I was going to be a neutral last Sunday but what are you going to do? :hockeysmiley:

Also, since I don't usually compete in bracket tournaments, it's pretty cool that I'm actually winning this late. Hopefully my prediction of a Spain/Germany final is proven incorrect.

It's mainly Spain and Italy I can't dig. I hope Portugal can finally win that elusive title, and if Ronaldo has his way, which he could, ain't no one stopping him.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

My father's side of me is saying Go Italia, but my mother's side says Go Deutchland.

Opposite situation here. Being that my mom is from Italy, though, you'd think I'd lean towards them. But I hate the way they play soccer, and can't bring myself to do it.

So I'm staying full-on pro-Germany, and anti-Spain/Portugal. Portugal, to me, has always seemed like a poor-man's Spanish team. That, and I cannot stand Ronaldo.

oBIgzrL.png

Opposite situation here. Being that my mom is from Italy, though, you'd think I'd lean towards them. But I hate the way they play soccer, and can't bring myself to do it.

So I'm staying full-on pro-Germany, and anti-Spain/Portugal. Portugal, to me, has always seemed like a poor-man's Spanish team. That, and I cannot stand Ronaldo.

My belief exactly. I'm part Italian (well, I'm a lot of things), but I can't stand Italy because of their style.

6fQjS3M.png

My belief exactly. I'm part Italian (well, I'm a lot of things), but I can't stand Italy because of their style.

What's so bad about Italy's style?

And I officially can't stand Spain now. They could be the most undeserving dinasty ever.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

And I officially can't stand Spain now. They could be the most undeserving dinasty ever.

LOL.

Please explain.

LOL.

Please explain.

As much as I can't stand the Spanish. If they do win Sunday, it'll be one of the greatest dynasties ever! They very well could be a threat in a couple years as well. It's a factory there, long gone are the days of the underachieving bunch with Raul.

LOL.

Please explain.

They needed penalties in both of their Euros to advance, needed extra time to beat the Netherlands, and since the group stage of Euro 2008, they have scored 18 goals in 15 games. Not saying that they don't deserve what they won, but they aren't the rolling death machine the media would like us to believe.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

LOL.

Please explain.

They needed penalties in both of their Euros to advance, needed extra time to beat the Netherlands, and since the group stage of Euro 2008, they have scored 18 goals in 15 games. Not saying that they don't deserve what they won, but they aren't the rolling death machine the media would like us to believe.

Flipside of this is that they haven't conceded in a knockout game since World Cup '06.

They may not be putting up four goals a game but they have made themselves unbelievably hard to beat & pretty much always come up big when it matters.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

LOL.

Please explain.

Flipside of this is that they haven't conceded in a knockout game since World Cup '06.

They may not be putting up four goals a game but they have made themselves unbelievably hard to beat & pretty much always come up big when it matters.

Winning ugly and safe, is just as good as winning dominant and flashy.

Nothing if gymnastics and swimming and diving is your thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

LOL.

Please explain.

That's the thing. They're totally capable of putting up four a game, they just don't need to. Did you notice the last 15 minutes of extra time? They made Portugal look like the Chicago Fire, complete dismantling. They're capable of that play when they need it, which since they're so good, isn't often. They are terrifying.

Full disclosure: I despise Spain.

Archived