UEFA Euro 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

NEW.ERA

Michel Platini needs to go. His continued opposition to the necessary advancements in goal line technology fly in the face of the opinions of nearly every other important figure in the sport, including the man in charge. He is stuck in the past so his presidency should be relegated to the history books.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain Back 2 Back European Champions...

But as a consolation prize for Italy, they will go to Brazil next year for the FIFA Confederations Cup as the UEFA Representative as Spain is already there as World Cup Champions.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

It's like the 1500s out there on the field.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And Spain reigns in Ukraine! -Ian Darke

Classic! B)

I also love the way UEFA presents trophies in both the Champions League and Euro Cup. Set up on the stage, hand out the medals, play amazing instrumental music, give the trophy to the captain, and shoot off confetti! No questions from lame media types, no ad-libbed speeches from egotistical owners and commissioners.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

And Spain reigns in Ukraine! -Ian Darke

Classic! B)

I also love the way UEFA presents trophies in both the Champions League and Euro Cup. Set up on the stage, hand out the medals, play amazing instrumental music, give the trophy to the captain, and shoot off confetti! No questions from lame media types, no ad-libbed speeches from egotistical owners and commissioners.

Bingo! let the moment speak for itself!

qvxym9f.png

Ian Darke is really in a class by himself. There is no one quite like him. Would Landon Donovan's goal against Algeria have been quite as exciting without Darke calling it?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Interesting thought about this Spain team. They are an all time great team, but without any all time great players. Some all really really good players, but noone to sit along side Pele,Maradona or Messi.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Ian Darke is really in a class by himself. There is no one quite like him. Would Landon Donovan's goal against Algeria have been quite as exciting without Darke calling it?

Or even more so, Wambach's goal against Brazil in the WWC.

(Antiquated note to Pierre McGuire: That's the appropriate amount of time to wait when the commentator asks you if you can believe it.)

Or even more so, Wambach's goal against Brazil in the WWC.

(Antiquated note to Pierre McGuire: That's the appropriate amount of time to wait when the commentator asks you if you can believe it.)

What's Pete Carroll doing there?

Interesting thought about this Spain team. They are an all time great team, but without any all time great players. Some all really really good players, but noone to sit along side Pele,Maradona or Messi.

Very important insight there, you can have great players but if you do not have a team around them, your chances are very small.

qvxym9f.png

Very important insight there, you can have great players but if you do not have a team around them, your chances are very small.

I wonder what the Madrid men on the team think about basically taking and crafting Barcelonas style into the National team and the Barca way getting all the credit for the wins?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I wonder what the Madrid men on the team think about basically taking and crafting Barcelonas style into the National team and the Barca way getting all the credit for the wins?

I don't think the Spanish team necesarily plays like Barca. I think it's a pretty good combination of Real and Barca in fact. More defensively aware than Barca, more prepared to spread play out than either Barca or Real (who both feature star play makers in Messi and Ronaldo), but as technically proficient as both Real and Barca are.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't think the Spanish team necesarily plays like Barca. I think it's a pretty good combination of Real and Barca in fact. More defensively aware than Barca, more prepared to spread play out than either Barca or Real (who both feature star play makers in Messi and Ronaldo), but as technically proficient as both Real and Barca are.

The gameplan against them is the same and is effective, to bunker down, let them hog possession but clog up the middle. Italy opened it up and paid for it. I'd say the only reason theyre more defensively aware than Barca is that they dont have Dani Alves flying down the wing and wandering wherever the hell he wants. I think if David Villa were healthy it'd be more Barca-like than it was this Euro Cup.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The gameplan against them is the same and is effective, to bunker down, let them hog possession but clog up the middle. Italy opened it up and paid for it. I'd say the only reason theyre more defensively aware than Barca is that they dont have Dani Alves flying down the wing and wandering wherever the hell he wants. I think if David Villa were healthy it'd be more Barca-like than it was this Euro Cup.

Well the coach is a Real guy. But I think his great skill is realising that a Spain team built around one or the other doesn't work. It needs to be a blend of philosophies. And Del Bosque has figured ou how to do that.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived