GS Warriors to relocate in 2017

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relocation doesn't mean what it used to mean.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Surprised they would make an announcement so soon. That's a lot of lame duck seasons in Oakland.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

It's not like the fans are going to rage quit the team because they moved across the bay.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So in San Fran crossing the bay isn't as big of a deal as crossing the Hudson to New Jersey or Brooklyn?

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Neither is a big deal. It's the same market.

Today, we are all otaku.

Neither is a big deal. It's the same market.

Yeah, I read it more as "Warriors plan to build new arena in Bay Area." Not much to see here, unless they change the team name.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So in San Fran crossing the bay isn't as big of a deal as crossing the Hudson to New Jersey or Brooklyn?

Not even close.

Rivalries aside, SF and Oakland are very much the same market. There's much more cross-over between the two cities. Brooklyn and New Jersey? Might as well be Brooklyn and Indianapolis. :P

They are not Oakland any way, they are Golden State and I think have long marketed themselves to he entire bay area so San Fran, Oakland, San Jose it dont matter.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hope they keep the same name.

Oh hell naw. Their name is one of the dumbest names in sports since not only do they claim representation over a state with three other franchises, but they use a nickname of the state. It's akin to Lone Star State Rangers, Sunshine State Heat, etc. Plus, like had been stated in another thread, the entire point of using the name was shortlived since the experiment of playing some games in San Diego quickly evaporated.

San Francisco Warriors. That's the only acceptable name.

VmWIn6B.png

Oh hell naw. Their name is one of the dumbest names in sports since not only do they claim representation over a state with three other franchises, but they use a nickname of the state. It's akin to Lone Star State Rangers, Sunshine State Heat, etc. Plus, like had been stated in another thread, the entire point of using the name was shortlived since the experiment of playing some games in San Diego quickly evaporated.

Good point. I never even thought about the reference behind the name Golden State. In any other scenario, I would be on your side and be totally against this. But IMO, Golden State Warriors has a much nicer ring to it than SF, SD, SJ, or Oakland Warriors. So for that reason despite your very good point, I think it's okay for them to be referred to as the Golden State Warriors.

Good point. I never even thought about the reference behind the name Golden State. In any other scenario, I would be on your side and be totally against this. But IMO, Golden State Warriors has a much nicer ring to it than SF, SD, SJ, or Oakland Warriors. So for that reason despite your very good point, I think it's okay for them to be referred to as the Golden State Warriors.

That's because (for the trillionth time), that name sounds like a COLLEGE TEAM..."Warriors" is (or was) a popular school team nickname, and "Golden State" is self-explanatory.

I hope they sound PRO again...San Francisco Warriors FTW!

bYhYmxh.png

I like the Golden State name but if they wanted to go back to being the San Francisco Warriors I would be fine with it.

I'm almost sure that's the direction they will go in as well.

If they're announcing they are moving back to San Fran now, they clearly want to make a big deal out of this.

Archived