2012 Schedule Posters

wILL-INI

Syracuse is hitting you hard with GENERIC BUZZWORDS and GENERIC MOTTOS and GENERIC HAND HOLDING UP HELMET

165972_480561428624892_1759383988_n.jpg

The only way this poster could've been more generic is if they adapted the one in the cover of Sean Keeley of TNIAAM's book "How To Grow an Orange", but that would've made it all sorts of awesome

111828465.jpg

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one for Maryland:

Maryland%2BFootball%2B2012.jpg

No idea why they elected to go the "faceless matte visor" look. This could have been a good poster if there was actually someone on the team we could recognize, but nope. Thanks Randy Edsall!

Oh, and those jerseys... ugh.

On second thought, the poster could have worked last year before they "snuck out" those State Pride jerseys against Miami to open the season (white at home?). But this season it's all been thrown around enough. Now that jersey just symbolizes the 2-10 debacle that was last season. I really wish the Athletic Department stopped using it as a marketing tool, especially since it's probably only going to see game action once or twice during the year.

Maryland's looks uncharacteristically boring and uninspired. And they just had to wear those ugly-looking "Flag Pride" uniforms too. Who are those players? I have no idea. Everyone else jumped ship after the 2-10 debacle last season. The schedule poster could have been the first step towards turning the page but once again we get boring and uninspired - and unreadable. Kevin Anderson crapped the bed once again.

Probably my favorites so far are TCU and Michigan, with Penn State not far behind. Cinci looks like they were trying too hard.

Maryland looks more like an advert for Under Armour than a schedule poster.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

B1G

Illinois illini-football-poster-illinois-schedule-2012-02.jpg

So does this mean no new uniforms for Illinois?

Illinois did the photo shoot prior to the spring game so there's still a chance they change out.

And TCU's posters the last few years have used old uniforms rather than what the team wore that upcoming season.

B1G

Illinois illini-football-poster-illinois-schedule-2012-02.jpg

So does this mean no new uniforms for Illinois?

Illinois did the photo shoot prior to the spring game so there's still a chance they change out.

And TCU's posters the last few years have used old uniforms rather than what the team wore that upcoming season.

It's been said multiple times that it was too late along for Illinois to change uniforms so they're just using the matte blue helmet for select games this year and will come out with entirely new uniforms next year. I found it hard to believe that is was too late to get new uniforms, especially when it seemed they have a design picked out when these rumors came out a while ago.

And if they are changing to something that looks like wILL-INI's concept, I'm grabbing one of those the day they come out.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

No idea why they elected to go the "faceless matte visor" look. This could have been a good poster if there was actually someone on the team we could recognize, but nope. Thanks Randy Edsall!

On second thought, the poster could have worked last year before they "snuck out" those State Pride jerseys against Miami to open the season (white at home?). But this season it's all been thrown around enough. Now that jersey just symbolizes the 2-10 debacle that was last season. I really wish the Athletic Department stopped using it as a marketing tool, especially since it's probably only going to see game action once or twice during the year.

Any word on Maryland moving to the Pride jerseys full time? I could see it happening in the near future.

90758391980.gif

Any word on Maryland moving to the Pride jerseys full time? I could see it happening in the near future.

I would say there is about 0% chance of that.

Disagree... my prediction: it'll start with them adding red, black, and yellow pride uniforms (like the basketball team) and before you know it those will be the full time uniforms.

Those were concepts to be chosen from, not a set of 4 uniforms.

Disagree... my prediction: it'll start with them adding red, black, and yellow pride uniforms (like the basketball team) and before you know it those will be the full time uniforms.

Ok, but I stand by what I said. The fact that they're even experimenting with the different colors period tells me they'll eventually break em out.

90758391980.gif

Ok, but I stand by what I said. The fact that they're even experimenting with the different colors period tells me they'll eventually break em out.

And it would be the most hideous thing ever. Those "State Pride" uniforms only work when playing at home. On the road they lose their impact. I am of the opinion that Maryland should never, EVER wear white at home. Their home uniforms should be red, and they should wear black once a season for their "blackout" game.

The quicker Kevin Anderson gets fired, the quicker the Athletic Department as a whole can move away from this school-wide "Testudo-cide" in its branding.

Old Hat does the best work consistently. they always have something that is well done

best by far is Michigan though, holy :censored: that is nice! got to love a custom die cut

Thanks! Shout out to my boy Geoff Rogers on the Michigan poster.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Archived