2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Barkley will fall to the 8-10 range if that's who you want

And as an added bonus, he'll probably be every bit as successful as most recent USC QBs have been in the NFL! Who doesn't want another Matt Leinart or Mark Sanchez?

I'd maybe take a 3rd round or later flyer on Barkley but there's no way I'd waste a high 1st round pick on him.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Is the 38-0 halftime score a record?

No.

/Remembers Rams-Jets game that was 40-0 at halftime a few years back.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What's this? A late game comeback for the second game in a row? What wizardry is this?

RamsWin.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not a particularly dominant performance by the Packers tonight, but I'll take it.

One more Packers win and the replacement officials from the Seattle game will be halfway off the hook.

At this point. I don't even want a bye, and what a glorious day would it be if Seattle came a calling in the playoffs.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Not a particularly dominant performance by the Packers tonight, but I'll take it.

One more Packers win and the replacement officials from the Seattle game will be halfway off the hook.

At this point. I don't even want a bye, and what a glorious day would it be if Seattle came a calling in the playoffs.

This. I want Seattle, I want the ball and we're gonna score. A lot.

Richard Sherman better be damn sure he's going to win his appeal, because now his pending suspension is cutting into the playoffs.

I mean, did he really think he was needed today for the Seahawks to win today? Arizona has the worst QB situation in the NFL. Mark Sanchez is a frigging All-Pro next to Ryan Lindley or John Skelton. Browner did the smart thing with managing to finagle his way into the game in Chicago last week, and then ducking out.

spacer.png

And as an added bonus, he'll probably be every bit as successful as most recent USC QBs have been in the NFL! Who doesn't want another Matt Leinart or Mark Sanchez?

I'd maybe take a 3rd round or later flyer on Barkley but there's no way I'd waste a high 1st round pick on him.

Don't forget John David Booty.

---

I'm fed up with this Lions coaching staff. The team isn't playing well, but there's so many little things that added up tonight (and have been all season). 3rd straight loss after leading by 10+, and thanks to that late FG, 7 of those 9 glorious losses have come by one score or less.

Some may see that as "they're almost there!" I see it as this team is being held back by bad decision making.

But, at the end of the day, Lions gonna Lion.

Just knowing that the Packers are going to take the division title in Soldier next week makes me sick to my stomach. The Bears are down there among the most broken franchises in football, and if heads don't roll in the offseason, it's clear to me that they're content w/ the status quo of mediocrity that they've achieved.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

---

I'm fed up with this Lions coaching staff. The team isn't playing well, but there's so many little things that added up tonight (and have been all season). 3rd straight loss after leading by 10+, and thanks to that late FG, 7 of those 9 glorious losses have come by one score or less.

Some may see that as "they're almost there!" I see it as this team is being held back by bad decision making.

I'm not big on cheering for your team to lose for draft position, but I'm tempted to hope they lose out so maybe at the very least we can get some new coordinators. I'm 50/50 on Schwartz still and think that with some maturing and experience he could be a very good coach yet, but if they let him go I wouldn't shed any tears either. At the very least we need an offensive coordinator who can get inside Stafford's head and get him to quit throwing sidearm and teach him how to step into a throw. And defensively, they just need better players and a new scheme.

---

I'm not big on cheering for your team to lose for draft position, but I'm tempted to hope they lose out so maybe at the very least we can get some new coordinators. I'm 50/50 on Schwartz still and think that with some maturing and experience he could be a very good coach yet, but if they let him go I wouldn't shed any tears either. At the very least we need an offensive coordinator who can get inside Stafford's head and get him to quit throwing sidearm and teach him how to step into a throw. And defensively, they just need better players and a new scheme.

I was always a proponent of Schwartz, but I feel like he has lost this team in some ways. He's definitely more disciplined than what we had previously, but I think his arrogance has kind of permeated this team, and it's hurting them. It's all fan perception, but when you see so many guys taking plays off and making dumb decisions, you have to wonder.

If we keep him though, I won't hate the decision. He has brought this team pretty far in the time he's been here (despite what the record may say). But like you said, new coordinators at the very least. Scott Linehan is... well, he's Scott Linehan. And Cunningham has put a decent D on the field this year, but it's being overshadowed by a few bad series a game. Seems like a discipline thing there, too. Danny Crossman has to go, though -- along with Stefan Logan and Nick Harris.

What the hell Falcons? Get just embarrassed by the Panthers after having 10 days to prepare? Greg Hardy talked just absolute garbage and you still come out flat in the first half? This is why no one respects you nationally.

Luckily, they play the Giants at home next week. Get a W there and HFA is pretty much locked up. But if they play like they did today, they'll get their asses handed to them.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The Falcons can clinch the #1 seed in the NFC as early as today. All they need is to win, then have San Francisco, Chicago, and Green Bay all lose/tie their games.

How'd that work out for ya? Sorry man, with the season the Saints are having I sure can't talk about that. :-P

I hope the Falcons realize that next Sunday's visit from the Giants is a playoff preview. If the good Giants show up, the Falcons better show something 'cause if they get beat, especially blown out, it'll be pretty obvious they're going nowhere in the playoffs.

Again.

Well, at least I'm not a Cardinals fan.

My exact same thought after the Saints got shellacked in NY. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Even if they beat the Giants next week, it's no sure-fire thing anything will have changed. I recall them beating Green Bay during the 2010 regular season, and then getting nuked in the playoff meeting.

The Falcons have not earned the right to be treated as a Super Bowl threat with the way they have performed in the playoffs. Plain and simple.

I will say that my Bears Super Bowl prediction is starting to look very shaky over the past five weeks. It boggles me how that offensive unit remains so inconsistent when they should have the playmakers and chemistry (at least, Cutler and Marshall) to be one of the best units in the league. As annoying as the Bucs recent slide has been, a large part of that is that they don't have the needed talent yet to be a true playoff contender. The Bears have the talent, and they are squandering it, to the point where they might fall out of the playoffs altogether at this point - unforgivable, for a team that was once 7-1.

spacer.png

Archived