2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is nice to see the zebras are favouring the home team tonight.

I mean, I usually won't say two words about the referring, but that PI call was atrocious. And directly enabled that third Patriots touchdown.

So, take it away, still 14-0.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Being at the game, the Texans just looked flat and intimidated. I think they thought they could come out and keep it close or dominate, and they just got scared. The crowd was as into it as I have ever seen. I actually lost my voice halfway through the first quarter, that's how much cheering there was in the first couple minutes, and even before the game too. When Brady ran for the first down, the crowd erupted and was the loudest. I've ever heard it, chanting "MVP! MVP!" The game was awesome!

Can't believe no one is on this yet here or in the Bountygate thread, but Tagliabue, while "affirming" Goodell's factual findings, has vacated all punishment for the players involved. So in essence he's saying, "You're guilty, but we're just not going to punish you." What a joke. Even I as a Saints fan believe that if the NFL's assertions are true, there should be punishment. I don't understand how they can say, "You did it, but we just decided there shouldn't be any consequences."

This doesn't add up.

Story

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So ESPN decided to take a whack at who's a Hall of Famer, who will be with a few more good seasons, and who will be on the outside looking in.

Link.

I never thought much of Revis, but ESPN must think highly of him.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Anyone else beginning to think the Texans might be the AFC's version of the Falcons?

The Texans have actually won a playoff game

And their loss was a 20-13 game in Baltimore. Not exactly the shellackings the Packers (48-21) and Giants (24-2) levied on the Falcons the past two years.

Besides, New England is lethal this time of year. Something like 20-0 in the 2nd half of the last 2.5 seasons, with a turnover differential over +50. If anything, I think the bye week in the playoffs quells some of their momentum. They hung 42 on a highly rated defense last night with no Gronkowski. And, unfortunately, it appears their pass defense has improved substantially since Talib came to town.

--

Ronde Barber might retire after this season. If he's "two big years" away, then he's not going to Canton. He's not even a CB anymore, which should say something given the Bucs defense is #32 against the pass. The only QB's the Bucs have shut down this year have been Cam Newton (in week 1), Brady Quinn, and Christian Ponder.

spacer.png

Can't believe no one is on this yet here or in the Bountygate thread, but Tagliabue, while "affirming" Goodell's factual findings, has vacated all punishment for the players involved. So in essence he's saying, "You're guilty, but we're just not going to punish you." What a joke. Even I as a Saints fan believe that if the NFL's assertions are true, there should be punishment. I don't understand how they can say, "You did it, but we just decided there shouldn't be any consequences."

This doesn't add up.

Story

It occurs in the common law all the time: double jeopardy. Information can be mishandled/botched and the defendent walks not to be retried for the same charge.

So ESPN decided to take a whack at who's a Hall of Famer, who will be with a few more good seasons, and who will be on the outside looking in.

Link.

I never thought much of Revis, but ESPN must think highly of him.

Sounds about right for all of them.

Revis has been arguably the best defensive player over the past few years. Especially considering how much more important passing has become, a good argument can be made that cornerback has taken over middle linebacker for the most important defensive position.

I don't think they give Brees enough credit. To me he is right there with Manning and Brady even though his teams haven't been as good. Still has a ring on his finger and is working on leading the NFL in passing for the fourth time in his career. That's enough for me, but the vote has always been very geared towards players on great teams rather then great players, so I can't say I'm all that surprised by the rational.

I'm not a big fan of evaluating players while they are still playing though. Outside of the guys that could retire today and be in which is maybe a dozen active players, its too early to even talk about.

If that's a true account, we all should. Loudly.

Disturbing to say the least.

As for Bountygate, I strongly encourage anyone interested to read Tagliabue's full ruling and make up their own mind. I'm in about the same place I was; Saints were guilty of stupidity for letting things get out of hand and trying to deny it and/or block the investigation. Balancing that is the fact their bounty-related behavior doesn't seem too far from what was the norm around the league and if the NFL was serious, they should have investigated all 32 teams and taken the appropriate action against everyone instead of singling out one team.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Anyone else beginning to think the Texans might be the AFC's version of the Falcons?

The Texans have actually won a playoff game

I was referring to this season, Francis, not overall.

Even then, Atlanta's best win is a Week 2 game against the Broncos, where you could argue Peyton Manning was still far from reaching acclimation with his wide receivers. And that was just one of a bevy of close games the Falcons have played. Houston can match that win with their Week 3 victory IN Denver.

Houston can top it with the way they whacked Baltimore.

I mean, I don't know if Houston is truly ready to be the best team in the NFL, and their two losses have been thumpings from teams with championship pedigrees, but it's still more impressive than what we've seen from the Falcons this season. It'll be interesting to see how the Falcons perform against a team that ended their season last year.

spacer.png

Archived