2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Six passing yards in the first half for Minnesota. That's right. SIX.

Who is Minnesota's third-stringer? If I'm coach Fraz, I get him warm for the 2nd half. This Webb guy is like Sanchez without the interceptions.

6uXNWAo.png

Bring it on Green Bay.

Admittedly, I kinda want to play them instead of Seattle, cause of the blowout a couple of weeks ago, and obviously the win in Week 1 over them. Gotta take advantage of Green Bay's mediocre O-Line to have a shot at winning.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Frustrating game to watch as a Viking fan. Knew it was over once Packers made it a double digit lead. Cheering for an AFC team to win the Super Bowl. Hopefully cheering on either the Patriots, Broncos, or Colts in the Championship.

Frustrating game to watch as a Viking fan. Knew it was over once Packers made it a double digit lead.

If there's any silver lining to Viking fans, it's that tonight's pathetic passing display bolsters Peterson's MVP chance for the regular season. Seriously, six pass yards in the first 30 minutes for the Vikes? Wow.

Frustrating game to watch as a Viking fan. Knew it was over once Packers made it a double digit lead.

If there's any silver lining to Viking fans, it's that tonight's pathetic passing display bolsters Peterson's MVP chance for the regular season. Seriously, six pass yards in the first 30 minutes for the Vikes? Wow.

MVP votes were submitted before the playoff games began.

Webb could have thrown for 6 or 600 yards tonight, and it wouldn't have any sway to the MVP voting.

If Peyton gets #2 this year, he has to start getting more consideration, though.

I mean, that's the weird thing with Tom Brady's career, honestly. When the Patriots won those three Super Bowls, they did it on the strength of an all-time defense and limiting turnovers offensively. Brady was nowhere near the machine he is today, in terms of statistical prowess. Peyton Manning has never been on a team with a defense anywhere near as good as those Patriots defenses, which has hurt him to some extent over the years.

spacer.png

If Peyton gets #2 this year, he has to start getting more consideration, though.

I mean, that's the weird thing with Tom Brady's career, honestly. When the Patriots won those three Super Bowls, they did it on the strength of an all-time defense and limiting turnovers offensively. Brady was nowhere near the machine he is today, in terms of statistical prowess. Peyton Manning has never been on a team with a defense anywhere near as good as those Patriots defenses, which has hurt him to some extent over the years.

Definitely if Peyton gets #2 he's that conversation. Like you look at Joe and Tom with their victories. They did with it some really amazing teams. You look at the 07 Colts, they're damn good, but outside of Marvin and Reggie, no one really sticks out. If Peyton gets Number 2, he's right there with Jerry Rice.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived