17 GP

11 W

6 L

0 T

366 PF

411 PA

-2.647058824 AVG DIFF/GAME ((PF-PA)/GP)

-1.979022491 OPPONENTS' AVG DIFF/GAME

-4.6261 AVG DIFF/GAME + OPPONENTS' AVG DIFF/GAME (add 2 to this number if the Colts are playing at home and subtract from visiting opponent's number to receive a spread.

Example:

Indianapolis Colts @ Arizona Cardinals

COLTS = -4.6261

CARDS= -4.3256 (+2)

Arizona (-2.3256) - Indianapolis (-4.6261) = 2.3004

In Arizona, the Cardinals will beat the Colts by 2.

I would love to give you all this spreadsheet, great for all sports.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conference Semifinals Predictions:

Broncos beat Ravens by 9

Patriots beat Texans by 10 or 11

Seahawks beat Falcons by 2 or 3

49ers beat Packers by 4

*can't calculate the conference finals until the semis are over

So that also adds in the extra playoff game the Colts lost by 15 points?

Doesn't seem to take into account the whole 11-5 vs 5-11 thing either. Huh, funny, I though twins were important in the NFL.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How do I post spreadsheets?

Indianapolis

17 GP

11 W

6 L

0 T

366 PF

411 PA

-2.647058824 AVG DIFF/GAME ((PF-PA)/GP)

-1.979022491 OPPONENTS' AVG DIFF/GAME

-4.6261 AVG DIFF/GAME + OPPONENTS' AVG DIFF/GAME (add 2 to this number if the Colts are playing at home and subtract from visiting opponent's number to receive a spread.

Example:

Indianapolis Colts @ Arizona Cardinals

COLTS = -4.6261

CARDS= -4.3256 (+2)

Arizona (-2.3256) - Indianapolis (-4.6261) = 2.3004

In Arizona, the Cardinals will beat the Colts by 2.

I would love to give you all this spreadsheet, great for all sports.

Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No reason to go crazy, a team's strength of schedule is the sum of the average point differentials of their opponents. That's all I did, strength of schedule and point differential per game. Point differential per game to figure strength of schedule (R.P.I, basically). Arizona is better than Indianapolis, now, but if Indianapolis blew out Denver in Week 3, and Arizona got blown out by Denver in Week 13, and if Denver loses in a blowout to Baltimore in the playoffs, Denver's value goes down (point differential per game drops down more than their strength of schedule goes up), Arizona's would go down, and Indianapolis' would go up, making the Colts better than the Cardinals. We can use this idea to create league rankings based on only these two components, you just have to make the spreadsheet, figure out how to post it online, and explain it well enough. I think Funky Bunky is probably better at predicting the point spread than this model (gambling in China is illegal), so I think creating league-wide rankings is probably the model's best function.

When are you ever going to find a level comparison, Funky Bunky?

Can one of you smart guys tell me why we're arguing about the Colts and Cardinals here? One of them just got kicked out the tournament; the other was never even near it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can one of you smart guys tell me why we're arguing about the Colts and Cardinals here? One of them just got kicked out the tournament; the other was never even near it.

I'm a smart guy (more smart-assed then anything, though) and I even have issues with what this yutz is doing. He's saying that the Cardinals, who lost 11 out of their last 12 games, are better then the Colts.

... and with that, the hamster in my head just had a heart attack.

The league really needs to get rid of natural grass fields. Roger Goodell can't keep talking about player safety without addressing the increased risk of injuries these fields cause.

There's a huge difference between "natural grass fields" and "poorly maintained natural grass fields".

The NFL should institute and monitor standards for its fields.

There are many dark arts on the internet, one of which is the Art of Trolling. The man who started this fiery debate has apparently mastered it.

Archived