Which past professional sports team would you bring back?

raysfan24

Which past professional sports team would you bring back if you had the chance. I would bring back the Seattle SuperSonics and Montreal Expos.

Or, what city that used to be home to a former team would you want to expand back to if you ran a league? For instance the NBA brought back a team to Charlotte and the NFL brought back a team to Cleveland.

Or, what team that exists now would you change the identity of to match a former team that played there. For instance I would change the identity of the Houston Texans to match the former identity of the Houston Oilers.

mcbqza.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which past professional sports team would you bring back if you had the chance. I would bring back the Seattle SuperSonics and Montreal Expos.

I would agree on both of your choice and I would also return the Kentucky Colonels back to the NBA.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

And logo, and uniforms. The Met Center was said to have really good sightlines, too, for those who occupied the Skittles seats. What a tradge. Too bad the league couldn't spend four years saving them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Wild change their name to North Stars within the next 10 years.

Is this actually based on anything, or just wishful thinking? If they did become the North Stars, I'd have to get back into hockey.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Wild change their name to North Stars within the next 10 years.

Is this actually based on anything, or just wishful thinking? If they did become the North Stars, I'd have to get back into hockey.

No, just an opinion of mine based on no evidence at all except what everyone on this board says they want.

Or, what city that used to be home to a former team would you want to expand back to if you ran a league? For instance the NBA brought back a team to Charlotte and the NFL brought back a team to Cleveland.

Or, what team that exists now would you change the identity of to match a former team that played there. For instance I would change the identity of the Houston Texans to match the former identity of the Houston Oilers.

After a hiatus, raysfan24's "bad sports radio topics of the 1990's" returns! Hey!

Without question, the team to bring back is the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks.

1. Their town name has a hyphen.

2. Bring them back so they could actually WIN a game (or not).

You know, if you drown out the caterwauling of dying Brooklynites, the way California worked out for baseball might have been for the best in the long run. Sacrificing two established major league organizations for a long-overdue westward expansion would've been preferable to starting from the ground up or absorbing the PCL, and the colorful history of the Mets is something I'm glad we ended up having. This is a 180 from my views on the bungled NHL southern expansion, where introducing something as novel as ice hockey necessitated a long-term grassroots plan rather than expanding recklessly and counting on fans (literally?) left out in the cold to not require teams of their own to support the sport. Different beasts, of course.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And logo, and uniforms. The Met Center was said to have really good sightlines, too, for those who occupied the Skittles seats. What a tradge. Too bad the league couldn't spend four years saving them.

The Met Center was great from a sightline perspective. The crowded, smoky concourse was brutal, but smoking wouldbe long gone.

I wish they'd have never left or dropped the Nstar...though the Met would be long gone

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

No, just an opinion of mine based on no evidence at all except what everyone on this board says they want.

No way Dallas allows that.

And before someone mentions it, they won't/shouln't change it to "Lone Stars" either for the above reason, the fact that it's an oxymoron, and the fact that there would be no reason to change it other than just for the sake of doing so.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived