My Alma Maters new uniforms (hs)

Jaxson55

What does a Roughneck have to do with the Houston Oilers?

Roughneck is a slang term for a person whose occupation is hard-manual labour, typically in a dangerous working environment. The term applies across a number of industries, but is most commonly associated with oil rigs. The ideal of the hard-working, tough roughneck has been adopted by several sports teams who use the phrase as part of their name or logo.

Roughneck is a slang term for a person whose occupation is hard-manual labour, typically in a dangerous working environment. The term applies across a number of industries, but is most commonly associated with oil rigs. The ideal of the hard-working, tough roughneck has been adopted by several sports teams who use the phrase as part of their name or logo.

Hm, I didn't know that.

Why is it okay to rip off a (former) professional team's logo?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The striping IS weird, but the kids want more and more bumper stickers. I learned that from my college's new hockey jerseys, the players wanted every option for more logos and other such tacky stuff.

I live the shoulders though, that isn't used enough. One or the other would have made excellent jerseys. With both, they're alright.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Hm, I didn't know that.

It's not.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hm, I didn't know that.

It's not.

Because tax payer dollars for public education doesn't need to be wasted on design firms to create a unique logo for a town of 1200 people because .00001% of the population is offended, and 5% of the professional teams care enough to bring it to litigation.

In regards to the uniforms very strange side striping not sure if they pitched that to Nike or if it's a template of some sort.

Hm, I didn't know that.

It's not.

Because tax payer dollars for public education doesn't need to be wasted on design firms to create a unique logo for a town of 1200 people because .00001% of the population is offended, and 5% of the professional teams care enough to bring it to litigation.

In regards to the uniforms very strange side striping not sure if they pitched that to Nike or if it's a template of some sort.

The NFL has said that they're okay with high school using their logos as long as they don't change the logo at all including the colors. Not sure if the NFL still has the rights to the Oilers logo or not, but if they do they would probably ask the school to stop using it. And you don't need to hire a design firm for a high school logo. Some schools will pay a very small fee to colleges to use their logo so that the high school doesn't infringe on their copyright.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hm, I didn't know that.

It's not.

Agree. As for the stripes, yes it is part of the Nike design catalog. If a team can't pay for its own logos, it's certainly not going to pay for fully custom stripe patterns. That being said, I love that stripe on High School uniforms, especially when its paired with pants stripes of the same nature.

So the school shouldn't pay a one-time fee of a few thousand dollars for a logo it can own and sell on merchandise, but it's okay for a high school to buy two sets of football helmets? Holy :censored:. When did high schools start doing this crap? Helmets are $200-$300 each, times about 100 for the whole set. I went to an upper-middle class high school just over ten years ago and some of our freshmen had to share helmets because we didn't have enough. This school is spending an extra $25,000 or so just for the hell of it? Ridiculous.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So the school shouldn't pay a one-time fee of a few thousand dollars for a logo it can own and sell on merchandise, but it's okay for a high school to buy two sets of football helmets? Holy :censored:. When did high schools start doing this crap? Helmets are $200-$300 each, times about 100 for the whole set. I went to an upper-middle class high school just over ten years ago and some of our freshmen had to share helmets because we didn't have enough. This school is spending an extra $25,000 or so just for the hell of it? Ridiculous.

To be fair, a lot of the time, new helmets, pants, jerseys, etc. are paid for by booster clubs, alumni, etc. A local school near where I live recently got new uniforms and they were paid for entirely by one very wealthy booster. The booster club kicked in for new shoes or jackets or something. Anyway, the team scored a whole new look (sans helmets) and it didn't cost the school any money. I don't know if that kind of thing happens a lot elsewhere, but it's pretty common here in Ohio.

On topic: In my opinion, maroon and gray is one of the most under utilized color combos in all of sports. It's also probably my favorite color combo so I really like that aspect of the uniforms. Unfortunately, the only gray appears to be the number outlines and the sleeve stripe. Drop the sleeve stripes, add a set of gray pants, pant the white helmet gray, and that's one killer look. Or, go maroon and white, add a pair of white pants, keep the white helmet, drop the sleeve stripes...etc.

EDIT: Or simply don't be an idiot like I just was. It just occurred to me that white is part of the color scheme. Oh well, it's not the first time I've said something stupid around here. Probably won't be the last. B)

BB52Big.jpg

We got a new coach last year and this year we went to new uniforms and added a white helmet. The sleve striping is VERY weird. Not a big fan of it at all. Would like some comments on this. Thanks.

603577_3550870102829_565269827_n.jpg

389616_297369717025122_1124768482_n.jpg

It's actually a generic logo based off the Oilers. Look at the bases. Almost straight for the helmets. There's a bit of variation on the Houston logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The sleeve striping is weird, but in a way, brilliant.

Traditional sleeve stripes look ridiculous on modern templates because they're cut off. By making the faux-gradient, it no longer looks cut off - more like it's not supposed to wrap around.

I don't think it looks good in this context with the contrasting shoulders as well, but by themselves, it's a brilliant solution for what's become a big problem. It'd need to be refined before being used in the NFL, but it could happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived