2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

Knowing the Miami Heat reek of douchebaggery

Highly ironic, coming from a Laker fan.

Did my team guarantee not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8...titles? Did my team mock a sick player in a championship series? Is my team a destination for players who want to cheat and take the easy way to a title? Does my team (sports city, matter of fact) have trouble selling seats, despite the talent available? Does my team goof-off into millenial/hipster crap like the "Harlem Shake" instead of being focused on championships?

No. No. No. No. And hell to the f#ck#ng no!

What is the Lakers fanbase? So many people, that we have both groupies who follow the come late/leave early stereotype and the passionate diehards who riot in jubilation everytime we win big. What is the Miami fanbase? Full of seniors and Scarface-looking yuppies who go to South Beach nightclubs to get coked up, and also can't sell out any Marlins-Yankees World Series games.

<spit>

I still don't get the hate Lebron gets for the championships "guarantee." In my eyes he was just getting the crowd excited. They wouldn't be excited if he said the goals were 7 trips to the Eastern Conference Finals and 1 First Round Playoff exit.

Also, the Lakers can't do the tired Harlem Shake, because they need breathing room and they have too many egos for them to have fun apparently. The Heat players seem to actually enjoy each other and are going to the playoffs.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't get the hate Lebron gets for the championships "guarantee." In my eyes he was just getting the crowd excited. They wouldn't be excited if he said the goals were 7 trips to the Eastern Conference Finals and 1 First Round Playoff exit.

Also, the Lakers can't do the tired Harlem Shake, because they need breathing room and they have too many egos for them to have fun apparently. The Heat players seem to actually enjoy each other and are going to the playoffs.

The Lakers can't do the Harlem Shake (it's not the real Harlem Shake, y'all...but whatevs) because their old asses would break in half trying that :censored:.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Lakers can't do the Harlem Shake (it's not the real Harlem Shake, y'all...but whatevs) because their old asses would break in half trying that :censored:.

One of the many reasons I don't like these Harlem Shake videos.

Did my team guarantee not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8...titles?

They guaranteed 73 wins and a championship this season. They're under .500 and will be lucky to make the 8th seed.

Did my team mock a sick player in a championship series?

No - instead, they intentionally tried to hurt opposing players while losing a (conference) championship series to that same team.

Is my team a destination for players who want to cheat and take the easy way to a title?

It's not cheating, but the Lakers are the original ring-chasing destination.

Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life."

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers.

It's our Olympics. It's Reebok's planet. And as it turns out, it has always been the rappin' genie (Shaq)'s wish to be a Laker.

"Back when Showtime was in Los Angeles, I'd run around the court saying, 'I'm Norm Nixon,' " he said. Then he grew. Now he can follow in the Lakers' tradition of Mikan, Wilt and Kareem.

Couldn’t Bryant be a Hornet? Could he grow to love Southern sweet tea?

“That is an impossibility,” Bryant’s agent, Arn Tellem, said at the time. “There are no ifs. It would not happen. He is going to be a Laker, and that’s the only team he’s playing for.”

In conclusion, tone the hate down quite a few notches and take a look at your own team.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like it that Magic Johnson's willing to pay LeBron James $1 million (hopefully to go towards some charity) to participate in the Slam Dunk Contest next year (or whenever). I doubt LeBron and other superstars would do it because they're pussies and they're afraid to be put in a situation where they could lose. They don't care about the 'state of the game' so much as they're concerned about advancing their brands. It's a shame that these name players don't want to put on a show for the fans, and the NBA has to settle for 4-5 stiffs to participate. Wasn't there some stat where like 2-3 of this year's contest participants had fewer than 10 dunks in the first half of the season?

Watching Knicks-Heat, literally less than a week after I say that I sort of don't mind LeBron anymore, he goes out and pulls a complete douchewagon move after hitting a three with literally 10 minutes left in the game. Parading in front of the garden crowd.

Watching Knicks-Heat, literally less than a week after I say that I sort of don't mind LeBron anymore, he goes out and pulls a complete douchewagon move after hitting a three with literally 10 minutes left in the game. Parading in front of the garden crowd.

You're surprised by this? This is basically LeBron's attitude since he joined the Heat, the NBA's "Legion of Doom."

Same thing with me after every Heat game.

It wasn't like we were going to get 1st in the East even if we won but I was hoping to use this game to go up on Indy for #2.

Btw, since the Knicks and Nets are in the 3rd and 6th spot I have to wonder if Stern is salivating at the thought of a first round matchup between the two.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I don't think I've ever been more pissed off about a regular season game than I am about that Clippers/Thunder game. Ibaka should have been ejected for punching Blake Griffin in the nuts. Instead, he stays in the game and makes clutch plays to ice it for the Thunder.

Games like this are why the NBA isn't taken seriously.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't think I've ever been more pissed off about a regular season game than I am about that Clippers/Thunder game. Ibaka should have been ejected for punching Blake Griffin in the nuts. Instead, he stays in the game and makes clutch plays to ice it for the Thunder.

Games like this are why the NBA isn't taken seriously.

I don't think Ibaka should have hit him in the nuts, but he had to retaliate somehow after Griffen had been bullying him all day and pushing him around down by the basket.

<redirected from the NHL boards>

Further, the Blackhawks were a team that was built legitimately. The Miami Heat were a collusion disaster that embodies everything that is wrong with the NBA. God that league sucks.

Nonsense. Collusion? How were the Heat not built "legitimately?"

It all began with the Olympics in Beijing, where LeBron, Wade, Bosh and CP3 made a pact to play together, one day (3 of 4 isn't that bad).

I had no gripe over Bosh leaving, and actually no gripe over LeBron's exit too. But the way he left (humiliated Cleveland fans on national TV, interview with his butler Jim Gray and coordinated by Stuart Scott, became a cash cow for ESPN on that night), followed by the rave/techno party the next night where LeBron said his team was God-like despite the Big 3 not even being together for 24 hours ("not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7") is what sickened America.

Then the NBA introduced adjusted rules in the paint, making it ridiculously easier to drive to the paint and score for an and-1. Then LeBron's dirty tactics passed on Wade (intentionally shattered Kobe's nose and Rondo's shoulder, kicked into Sessions' balls), Chalmers, Bibby and Eddie House, along with his flopping skills on Bosh, Battier and Ray Allen.

The Heat showed no sportsmanship over the last two seasons on their postseason opponents (Bulls, Celtics, Pacers, Thunder). They mocked Dirk when he had the flu, and karma came back to bite Miami, as the Mavs got the 2011 title in Florida. Rather than console Durant and his mother (she died after the Finals, by the way), this clown LeBron partied like in nightclubs (some of the Heat team actually did party in nightclubs).

Even if the Heat players converted to scientists and found the cure to world hunger, I would despise them. Everything about this generation's athletes (me first, pretend to care, forming super team pacts with your friends, acting and dressing like you're in a techno-pop video) is the Miami Heat. I hate LeBron and the Heat so much, they are the only factors who have made me root for the Boston Celtics.

Archived