2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

I'm sure teams were lining up around the block to take Carlos Boozer off their hands.

Outside of him who else on the roster can they really move? Your not trading Noah and your not trading Deng. Probably not getting too much in terms of drafts picks because everyone knows they aren't going to be lottery picks.

I don't what else the Bulls could have realistically done outside of staying put.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've barely followed the Bulls this season but, they're done, right? Rose has been increasingly pessimistic about his comeback, the team's been shiftless and uninspiring for the most part, and they just got pantsed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They were done before the year started. It's just been 2006 redux: "hey, the Bulls aren't bad, watch them now and then."

Also, Big Brother can stfu. I'm sorry that nobody wants to play for the Bulls. Go bitch about it with Ozzie's kids.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To the people who think the Raptors should be apart of any stupid discussion of contraction, because the Worldwide Leader doesn't care about 80% of the league is preposterous. Like I'd say they boast some of the Top 5 Best Fans in the NBA. Watching this game against the Knicks goes to show that. It's just too bad they decided to fall asleep for the first two months of the season.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just watching this Spurs-Warriors game sort of got me thinking, is it even any fun for Spurs fans to watch their team anymore? I mean it seems like every year they're a solid 20-25 games over .500 at this point, and they've been completely dominant for the past decade or so. Yet they don't get nearly the same amount of constant coverage that teams like the Lakers and Heat do. Consistently dominant teams in other sports like the Yankees and Patriots still get solid notoriety from major networks, but to me it seems like the Spurs never do. If I was a Spurs fan I feel like I'd almost get "bored" of how dominant my team is year in and year out, and how they never receive any recognition for it.

I don't know, it's 1 AM here so I apologize if this makes zero sense to anyone. :)

Just watching this Spurs-Warriors game sort of got me thinking, is it even any fun for Spurs fans to watch their team anymore? I mean it seems like every year they're a solid 20-25 games over .500 at this point, and they've been completely dominant for the past decade or so. Yet they don't get nearly the same amount of constant coverage that teams like the Lakers and Heat do. Consistently dominant teams in other sports like the Yankees and Patriots still get solid notoriety from major networks, but to me it seems like the Spurs never do. If I was a Spurs fan I feel like I'd almost get "bored" of how dominant my team is year in and year out, and how they never receive any recognition for it.

I don't know, it's 1 AM here so I apologize if this makes zero sense to anyone. :)

The Spurs are top three in highest local ratings, and that is due to being an emerging metro area which still is a 1-team town.

However since 1999, the Spurs have won four titles. Three of those four title wins were the lowest rated NBA Finals including the tape delay era (NJ, DET, CLE).

As for GSW, when Jarrett Jack is your last 8 minute "go to guy", you are not very good. This next five game road trip will tell more than the last 20+ games of which two-thirds are at home.

However, that was the last GSW win against SAS since Jan. 7, 2008.

Good win by the Lakers tonight. It was a good, closely contested contest. However, the play of the night had to go to Lillard. He had a fantastic layup where he went up and under Dwight and World Peace. A fantastic play by him. I'd say he has the Rookie of the Year locked.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just watching this Spurs-Warriors game sort of got me thinking, is it even any fun for Spurs fans to watch their team anymore?

I'm not even a Spurs fan and I love watching them play (other than when they're whooping the Clippers like they did last night). The idea of the Spurs as boring is a lame and inaccurate stereotype, and I strongly doubt Spur fans really care about ESPN hype.

As for the Lakers, nice win for them tonight and all, but Houston won, Golden State won, and Dallas won, so once again, they've gained no ground in the standings. It really does appear that the hole they dug for themselves early on in the season is just too deep to climb out of for a playoff run to be possible.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just watching this Spurs-Warriors game sort of got me thinking, is it even any fun for Spurs fans to watch their team anymore?

I'm not even a Spurs fan and I love watching them play (other than when they're whooping the Clippers like they did last night). The idea of the Spurs as boring is a lame and inaccurate stereotype, and I strongly doubt Spur fans really care about ESPN hype.

As for the Lakers, nice win for them tonight and all, but Houston won, Golden State won, and Dallas won, so once again, they've gained no ground in the standings. It really does appear that the hole they dug for themselves early on in the season is just too deep to climb out of for a playoff run to be possible.

They've actually only gotten better to watch over the past few years since they've switched to a higher tempo and Parker's been able to set the precedent for the rest of the team.

To me, the Spurs are like a master sushi chef: sushi isn't an extravagant dish since it's essentially fish, rice, and seaweed. But a sushi chef can not only make it look EASY, but make it seem like a craft.

GR30a5H.png

To me, the Spurs are like a master sushi chef: sushi isn't an extravagant dish since it's essentially fish, rice, and seaweed. But a sushi chef can not only make it look EASY, but make it seem like a craft.

That's actually a pretty good analogy when you think about it.

As for my Knicks I really don't know how this team's gonna fare in the postseason this year. They absolutely have to win the division to get the second or third seed and play most likely Atlanta or Boston. If they're the four and have to play Chicago in the first round, they should be an easy out.

Sushi doesn't have to have fish at all.

The Spurs aren't a boring basketball team, they just make for boring storylines.

How many people know who actually owns the San Antonio Spurs without having to look it up? How often do you see Gegg Popovich on SportsCenter with a quote about his team or a player? When was the last time you even heard Tim Duncan speak on camera?

This is a team from top to bottom that only cares about winning basketball games and nothing else. They don't do anything to grab the headlines and they don't care.

My view on them overall is if you love basketball and know just difficult and demanding it is to run Gregg Popovich's offense they are a great team to watch. But if your a casual fan that needs something else to get into a game, your probably not going to like the San Antonio Spurs all that much. I don't blame fans for viewing the game that way, because I've said multiple times basketball is the sport where there's the biggest seperation between how the fans view the game and how people that are actually involved in the sport view it.

Lakers give up nearly 80 points in the paint to the Chicken Nuggets. Oops. So goes the Jerry Buss momentum swing.

Not necessarily. The Nuggets are an NBA best 23-3 at home. I'd have been extremely impressed if the Lakers had beaten the Nuggets in Denver.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived