2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was one of the greatest shooting performances I've ever seen.

You never take wing three's with more then 15 seconds on the shot clock and this guy was taking those shots like you would take an uncontested 10 foot straight away jumper and hitting it.

There's no defense in the world that's built to defend against what Stephen Curry was doing last night. Granted the Knicks didn't play great defense against him, but even unguarded that's still at best a 50/50 shot with a great shooter. Just incredible the amount of confidence and ability he has from behind the line.

What I got from that game was Stephen Curry basically saying 'I got this. Just put the team on my back' and backed that up with a 54 point game at MSG. Yeah, the Knicks won, but if it wasn't for Curry, it could of been much worst.

The Warriors did quite well without David Lee on the road against a top Eastern Team. Curry is on the verge of being a star.

I think a lot of Knick fans and especially the press are reluctant to admit just how bad of a move it was to essentially let David Lee walk via a trade which they got nothing back in return and sign Amar'e for more money then it would have cost to keep Lee.

You put David Lee on this Knick roster in place of Amar'e with more cap space to work with, they might be looking like serious team to win it all instead looking like a team that's probably going out in the second round.

Nothing to do with what you said obviously but just a little sidebar there because I think David Lee is one of if not the most underrated player in the NBA in terms of what he does on the court and how much credit he's given.

Lee was underrated on a bad Knicks team, Amare is broken down and just about done. In a few years this will be common knowledge and lamented by all Knick fans.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I would look at whatever they can get out of Amar'e as a bonus at this point.

Funny thing is If he had stayed healthy with Mike D'Antoni as the coach and they didn't make the trade to get Carmelo, I think the Knicks would have a better team right now. They were developing a lot of solid young talent and they dealt them all away to get immediate results.

I wouldn't call it a disaster, but I definitely feel if they had more patience they could have better pieced together what their needs were, make your signings, picks and trades based off that and probably developed a more solid group.

What does a team on a 12 game winning streak do?

The Harlem Shake

Knowing the Miami Heat reek of douchebaggery, I was surprised they took this long to jump on this stupid dancing fad.

And for the record, this did the "Harlem Shake" the best:

Knowing the Miami Heat reek of douchebaggery

Highly ironic, coming from a Laker fan.

Did my team guarantee not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8...titles? Did my team mock a sick player in a championship series? Is my team a destination for players who want to cheat and take the easy way to a title? Does my team (sports city, matter of fact) have trouble selling seats, despite the talent available? Does my team goof-off into millenial/hipster crap like the "Harlem Shake" instead of being focused on championships?

No. No. No. No. And hell to the f#ck#ng no!

What is the Lakers fanbase? So many people, that we have both groupies who follow the come late/leave early stereotype and the passionate diehards who riot in jubilation everytime we win big. What is the Miami fanbase? Full of seniors and Scarface-looking yuppies who go to South Beach nightclubs to get coked up, and also can't sell out any Marlins-Yankees World Series games.

<spit>

To be fair, the Miami fanbase is just as non-localized as the Lakers. When Lebron NWO'd to go to the Heat, he took a giant chunk of fans with him, and bandwagoners have piled up endlessly ever since.

It's not really "cool" to like the Lakers right now, so most of their bandwagoners are silenced, waiting for a potential playoff run so they can shout "I told you so!" Heat fans are currently fondling themselves as their "favorite" team is on a stupid win streak and will probably win another title.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived