2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

I'm so disappointed. Bynum looked like the second coming of Moses Malone and I really wanted him to succeed in Philadelphia. There's still time, and I'm glad he's not forcing a comeback, but it looks like a bust so far.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings give away 2012 Top-5 Pick PF Thomas Robinson ...and so the great Sacramento Screw-Job BEGINS.

Wonder is Cousins is next now?!?

Well Robinson has pretty much been a bust so far. Going by win shares only Austin Rivers ranks lower amongst first round picks.

So I don't know how bad of a deal it really is. They're getting back Patrick Patterson who's been pretty good this year.

Its only a bad deal for the Kings if you think Robinson can turn it around and become a starter or better, but I would already have major doubts if he actually can. If he doesn't turn it around then its a brilliant move by the Kings to cut a bust like that so early and actually get something back for him. If he does then yeah obviously it probably will not be a trade for the better.

The Kings do have some good pieces in place despite their record. I do think they have a decent plan for the future. I think its just a matter of figuring out what players you can actually build around and who to cut loose.

Kings give away 2012 Top-5 Pick PF Thomas Robinson ...and so the great Sacramento Screw-Job BEGINS.

Well Robinson has pretty much been a bust so far. Going by win shares only Austin Rivers ranks lower amongst first round picks.

So I don't know how bad of a deal it really is. They're getting back Patrick Patterson who's been pretty good this year.

Its only a bad deal for the Kings if you think Robinson can turn it around and become a starter or better, but I would already have major doubts if he actually can. If he doesn't turn it around then its a brilliant move by the Kings to cut a bust like that so early and actually get something back for him. If he does then yeah obviously it probably will not be a trade for the better.

The Kings do have some good pieces in place despite their record. I do think they have a decent plan for the future. I think its just a matter of figuring out what players you can actually build around and who to cut loose.

TRob's barely half the way into his rookie season. I think it's way too early to call any rookie a bust at that point.

Wouldn't be surprised if he thrives in Houston. But even if the Kings though he was a bust by now, they couldn't get more for a Top 5 pick?!? And in addition to that, the passed on Drummond & Lillard ...no matter how this plays out, not looking good for Petrie here.

NYCdog.png

Petrie has been the GM forever(How the hell has he kept that job?) The whole organization needs to be scrubbed from the top down, which hopefully will happen here in Sacramento in the coming years. Also I know players' families have to go along in the move, but Robinson has to raise his younger sister on his own. Too bad they have move so soon.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

TRob's barely half the way into his rookie season. I think it's way too early to call any rookie a bust at that point.

Wouldn't be surprised if he thrives in Houston. But even if the Kings though he was a bust by now, they couldn't get more for a Top 5 pick?!? And in addition to that, the passed on Drummond & Lillard ...no matter how this plays out, not looking good for Petrie here.

I think a lot of people are thinking he might be a bust right now. Most top five picks are starting from day one and he can't make it past bench role player on the second worst team in the Western Conference. What are people supposed to think at this point? If he was not a first round pick this year would he even be on the team right now with his numbers? Defensively he's been okay. Offensively though he's just been a black hole and whether or not he could figure out how to play in the post in the NBA was the big knock on him coming into the draft. So far the answer to that has been no.

There's still time for him to turn things around, but he is far behind of where he should be as a player by now.

On a related topic, Steve Nash and Dwight Howard are very, very good.

When he's not being a little bitch he's a pretty good basketball player.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Skiles is a good but flawed coach who would excel in the NCAA if he could get over himself and deign to ride a less glamorous hotel circuit. Jim Boylan is an idiot. He replaced Skiles in Chicago as well. Gave Ben Wallace the power to suspend players. Total dope in over his head; no wonder the Bucks are tanking even worse than they were at the end of Skiles's run.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think its time to have some Milwaukee Bucks discussion.

Why? Are they moving to Seattle?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived