2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

The West is too damn good. It's still early, but nothing so far has shown me that the Lakers can get in. They've had a chance to get over .500 what like five times this year, failing miserably in all those games. Now it seems that they just don't care anymore, they obviously have next to OKC, the Clips and the Spurs, the best starting five on paper in the West. Yet Memphis, Golden State, Denver, Utah, Portland, Minnesota and Dallas all don't have the in fighting like the Lakers do. Were they thinking they could just pull a heat and assemble a super roster and automatically be good. Too many ego's, in an egotistical filled city.

Two posts in an NBA thread by me, on the same day. Wow!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With how fixated you are on Kobe, I think you secretly like the guy. One would argue that you talk about Kobe and the Lakers more than you do about the Clippers, who are actually really good for once and will probably win their first Pacific Division title. But of course, all you do is hate on Kobe and the Lakers instead. :rolleyes:

Sadly, if I posted about my own favorite team, that would make me a "homer" and certain people would whine that this thread is turning into a "Clippers play-by-play thread."

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I just let it go, I don't know why anyone else doesn't do the same.

I don't even know what the big deal is about what Kobe said in the media. If it related to basketball I could see making a somewhat big deal over it, but its just media driven storyline BS that has no effect on what happens on the court.

The Lakers problem is that they just have no direction. I still don't get how you fire a head coach six games into a season, then wonder why the team has a hard time adjusting to the new coach's system when its such a drastic departure from what the old coach was doing? This is a team that's played for three different coaches in three years with three very different philosophies on the how the game should be played. You can't have that kind of turnover and have consistent success.

I don't know if the Lakers would have turned it around under Mike Brown because they never even gave him a chance. Anyone can have a bad six game stretch and for making a move like that I think you get what you deserve as a franchise and what they have is a lot of high profile players with no chemistry, a coach with a system that doesn't fit the team's makeup and just a complete lack of focus on the part of the front office for what they want this team to be.

I agree completely. IMO, the Lakers were too quick on the trigger with Brown. Now, they're paying for it.

BTW, I'm being completely serious, you might be the most knowledgeable of all of the posters here about sports. I enjoy reading your posts immensely because I feel like I learn something new every time.

Sadly, if I posted about my own favorite team, that would make me a "homer" and certain people would whine that this thread is turning into a "Clippers play-by-play thread."

Unfortunately, this is true. The CCSLC is rather against any fan-dom that isn't pure pessimism. I still say go for it. Your Clippers are unbelievably good. They're on pace for 60+ wins.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

With how fixated you are on Kobe, I think you secretly like the guy. One would argue that you talk about Kobe and the Lakers more than you do about the Clippers, who are actually really good for once and will probably win their first Pacific Division title. But of course, all you do is hate on Kobe and the Lakers instead. :rolleyes:

Still there are other things to talk about besides the Lakers and Clippers.

I do not think people are mad because you talk about those two teams in particular but rather because sticking to just one topic in a broad thread can be kind of annoying.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I've seen stretches where nobody posts in this thread for a week. Kinda silly to complain about people talking only about their teams when nobody else is posting.

Yeah but the only thing that gets conversations rolling with the NBA thread are things about LeBron, Kobe, the Lakers and other storyline crap the media makes a big fuss over.

The NBA to me represents the biggest disconnect between how fans view the sport and how people involved in the sport view it.

Nobody is talking about Golden State or the job Mark Jackson has done there with transforming the Warriors from a full court team into a an effective transition offense team in only two years. He should be hands down the coach of the year if the season were to end today in my opinion. That's as big of a story as any other in the NBA, but most people probably can't name more then two players on the Warriors roster and its not a team that gets alot of attention even though they have one of the best fan bases in the NBA. So it gets swept under the rug.

Indiana is another team that doesn't seem to be going anyway. Pacers/Bulls could wind up becoming of the NBA best rivalries. Paul George looks like he could be the second coming of Scottie Pippen. That is a star in making and nobody is talking about him. Given how much they pushed Miami in last year's playoffs, do not be surprised if Indiana upsets them if they face off in playoffs. That may wind up being the toughest test Miami will have in the postseason.

I agree completely. IMO, the Lakers were too quick on the trigger with Brown. Now, they're paying for it.

Disagree. They were too slow and are now paying for it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I believe that Mike Brown wasn't the man for the job, because he clearly couldn't handle the situation going on w/ the team, which may have had an affect on his coaching. But, D'Antoni is right either. He's just an offensive-minded coach. He wasn't meant to coach defense at all. Look at the Knicks after they let D'Antoni go & let Woodson take the reigns, they've been better overall with room for improvement. Lakers have a shot, but they have to let their egos go for 60 minutes every game and play team basketball.

Lindsey Hunter named interim coach of the Suns. Not that this season really matters, but I was hoping they'd give the job to Dan Majerle.

http://sports.yahoo....20192--nba.html

Apparently, Thunder Dan was hoping he'd get the job too and has left the Suns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/majerle-leaves-suns-turner-absent-165006344--nba.html

Rondo done for the year with ACL. Brutal break for the Celts.

I didn't think they were going anywhere with him, but without him they have no chance in the playoffs provided they even get there.

They won't. The pressure to blow the team up and start over will only grow after this.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Rondo done for the year with ACL. Brutal break for the Celts.

I didn't think they were going anywhere with him, but without him they have no chance in the playoffs provided they even get there.

They won't. The pressure to blow the team up and start over will only grow after this.

Especially if they manage to get into the #8 seed WITHOUT Rando.

GR30a5H.png

Raps get Rudy Gay, send Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to Memphis.

Welp.

Rumors are Calderon is getting shipped to Detroit for Prince/Daye. Not really a fan of this trade for Memphis. They need draft picks bad (first rounders) and you'd think that Gay could net them one or two. I think they might ship Darrell Arthur for someone, with Ed Davis taking his role.

Archived