2012-13 NBA Season Thread

Cujo

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurs, Grizzlies, W's win, Clippers lose two in a row, fall to third place. This thing's sputtering. It's time to fire Vinny.

Great, the NFL logic: either you have to win all the time or you lose sparingly and YOU'RE FIRED!!!

I blame the Miami Heat's evil superteam corporation for this type of mindset in the NBA and its fans.

Spurs, Grizzlies, W's win, Clippers lose two in a row, fall to third place. This thing's sputtering. It's time to fire Vinny.

Great, the NFL logic: either you have to win all the time or you lose sparingly and YOU'RE FIRED!!!

I blame the Miami Heat's evil superteam corporation for this type of mindset in the NBA and its fans.

I think the admiral was making fun of this kind of mindset but I could be wrong.

However this kind of mindset existed before the Heat.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I was just kidding around, but I don't think there's a wrong time to fire Vinny. They should pull a New Jersey Devils and launch him with 8 games left in the regular season. There's too much at stake to go into the playoffs with a coach who just shouts "have energy!" and stuff.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't like this Bulls team one bit. There's no rhyme or reason to them without Rose. They win or lose when they should or shouldn't; you could graph it quadratically and it would be a big noisy scatter. They remind me of the Skiles teams that could gut it out over superior but less motivated squads, except those teams had high-upside guys to keep an eye on like Ben Gordon and Luol Deng and Kirk Hinrich, whereas this outfit is just a mishmosh of all-too-known commodities and expiring contracts like Vladimir Radmanovic and Marco Belinelli and eight-years-later Kirk Hinrich. It all feels so pointless.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was just kidding around, but I don't think there's a wrong time to fire Vinny. They should pull a New Jersey Devils and launch him with 8 games left in the regular season. There's too much at stake to go into the playoffs with a coach who just shouts "have energy!" and stuff.

"RUN DUH PLAY! DO IT HARDER, OR GO HOME!"

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

"RUN DUH PLAY! DO IT HARDER, OR GO HOME!"

Lol...

I think as long as Antoni (I refuse to put the D in his name since he doesn't preach defense) and the Lakers are in the rut that they are in and the Clippers continue to play well I think his job will be safe.

"LETS GO! LETS GO!"

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Third place? What stats are you looking at? They're tied for first in the conference and haven't left first place in the Pacific Division in over a month and a half.

It all feels so pointless.

When Rose went down it basically set the organization back for a year. The team they had assembled only properly functioned because of Rose, and without him there is no engine. As you said it's just a collection of talent that sputters and stammers, seemingly playing only just good enough until Rose is healthy again.

I guess that could be the unspoken mission statement of 2012/13.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kevin Garnett Allegedly Told Carmelo Anthony His Wife Tastes Like Honey Nut Cheerios

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/01/kevin-garnett-allegedly-told-carmelo-anthony-his-wife-tastes-like-honey-nut-cheerios/

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Read an interesting article on ESPN about Duncan and Kobe, and now I have a question for you guys: Where do Tim Duncan and Kibe rank on your all-time greatest lists?

For me, Kobe is the 2nd best shooting guard of all-time ranking only behind Jordan. On a top 10 list I'd put him somewhere between 6-8.

For Time Duncan, I think he's the greatest PF of all-time. And for a top 10 list I'd put him, like Kobe, somewhere between 6-8

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Kobe Bryant was an instrumental part of five championship teams, spanning two completely lineups. Of all the "new Jordans" after MJ left in 1998, Kobe was the closest to matching his legacy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived