2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

As the Cardinals frustrated me by ignoring their fans again tonight, and this time without the excuse of they couldn't get them in time for the trip, I was thinking of a modified option that wouldn't drive me crazy.

It's not totally unique, and in fact someone might have pitched the exact same thing before.

They proposed using the navy, essentially, as a clash cap on the road. So if they were in Cincy or Philly or Anaheim, etc., then they'd don the navy caps. Well my compromise would be to expand that to a full-time thing.

In other words, if those teams or any other that wears red on the road comes into St. Louis, then the Cardinals wear the navy cap at home. While it's different than the strict rule of home and road, that brings back a form of consistency AND cap that I'm a big fan of.

They won't do that, of course, because they're stuck in the system of doing what they want when there's not money to be made and what the common fan will eat up when there is. But it's something I wouldn't mind.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Mets announcers, Rockies will be wearing throwback road uniforms and the Mets will wear their home uni's for Game 2 of tonight's double header. The game is in Colorado BTW. :blink:

Read back. They're throwing back to the uniforms worn in the Rockies very first game which was in New York.

Not uniform-related, but logo-related.

In their opening video at the stadium, the Angels use an incorrect logo with an upside-down halo. Apropos for this season, I guess...

AngelsUpsidedownHalo_zps2df52804.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The Red Sox and Indians are wearing a hodgepodge of homemade armbands as a memorial to the victims of the Boson Marathon bombings.

8656803952_feff7d05b7_c.jpg

8656804154_ff70a114f4_c.jpg

8655700219_c6c3a39e38_c.jpg

8655700125_0b3e6a61ae_c.jpg

I don't know if the Red Sox are preparing a permannent patch, but this B Strong would be pretty good.

sox%20strong.jpg

I think the armband was kind of a last minute thing, at least that's what it appears like since the Red Sox were traveling yesterday. I think that patch on their helmet or cap might work, but I don't know if they will. I think a more permanent armband would look better

Go A's!

I have a feeling the Cardinals navy road caps will be back full time next year, and 2013 will go in the history books as a botched experiment like in 1956 when the Cardinals got rid of the birds on bat. Public outcry was so bad, that they got rid of this look after one season.

nl_1956_stlouis.gif

That tailed script wouldn't be the worst thing for a dugout jacket. The birds-on-bat script gets lost on red, and looks weird in white.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have a feeling the Cardinals navy road caps will be back full time next year, and 2013 will go in the history books as a botched experiment like in 1956 when the Cardinals got rid of the birds on bat. Public outcry was so bad, that they got rid of this look after one season.

I don't know if I would describe the public's reaction to the red road caps as an "outcry." A lot of fans like red on the road.

I don't know if I would describe the public's reaction to the red road caps as an "outcry." A lot of fans like red on the road.

More people (on the internet) prefer navy, but I think your point is pretty accurate. Both sides have been vocal enough where the Cardinals (since they're already ignoring the numbers) can go ahead and feel like they did what a bunch of fans want.

Which sucks.

That tailed script wouldn't be the worst thing for a dugout jacket. The birds-on-bat script gets lost on red, and looks weird in white.

You think the Cardinals script looks weird it white or you think it looks weird in white when it's attached to the Birds on the Bat? Cuz I agree with the latter but not the former.

I wouldn't want that tailed script used on anything regardless because it's sort of silly to have two different script word marks.

Yeah they botched the squatchees.

But one thing they actually DID get correct that I was sure they'd completely overlook:

78_zps22f56930.jpg

They got the old "NY" on the sleeve patch logo correct. Kudos for that really minor detail.

Also, boy am I glad I changed my plans. Instead of going there tonight en route to SoCal I changed my plans because of the snow. Yeah, I would've seen them lose both ends of an absolutely frigid doubleheader delayed by two hours, but I'd then be stuck there in the next snowstorm rather than sunny Southern California...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived