2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

I just noticed the Nationals red hat with the blue bill also has blue eyelets. Get outta here with that bush league/college look.

I can't remember the last a major league baseball team wore hats with the eyelets in a contrasting color.

I think someone brought up the St. Louis Browns a few pages back.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These Cardinals jerseys are awesome.

But they would be worlds better if there were in grey and piping-free.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

These Cardinals jerseys are awesome.

But they would be worlds better if there were in grey and piping-free.

So if they were their road uniforms and not a stupid alternate. I agree.

These uniforms suck.

Not in and of themselves, but as part of this identity, they suck suck suck.

The logo looks nice. I've always been slow to come around on a St. Louis birds on the bat logo, because I hate the notion a lot of you have that teams HAVE to have their city name on the road. I think that's a fine guideline but a silly rule. And I still feel that way. My preference remains Cardinals on both home and road, but it's not a strong preference any more. I'd be totally fine with this St. Louis script on the road.

My apologies if this has been discussed, but I don't think the Twins have worn their normal whites at home yet, it's just been the throwback-style off whites. Are these the new primary home duds or is this just like a first month thing? I feel ashamed that I don't know my own team's uni situation, but I don't remember hearing anything about them changing to the nameless throwbacks as the normal homes.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Watching the Astros in Anaheim on MLB Network right now, and the orange bill really doesn't bother me with the road uni. Brings out the orange in the uni more. I thought it might look off to me as it did to others.

As far as Astros caps with this uni set, I think the more orange the better. Orange sleeves and socks as the default would help, too.

Also, they showed the Rangers before this, and they were wearing blue alts with blue caps, and it occurred to me that they match much better than the Cubs alt jerseys do with their caps. Am I seeing things?

they showed the Rangers before this, and they were wearing blue alts with blue caps, and it occurred to me that they match much better than the Cubs alt jerseys do with their caps. Am I seeing things?

Probably, since they both use New Era's "dark royal", and presumably the same color from Majestic as well.

they showed the Rangers before this, and they were wearing blue alts with blue caps, and it occurred to me that they match much better than the Cubs alt jerseys do with their caps. Am I seeing things?

Probably, since they both use New Era's "dark royal", and presumably the same color from Majestic as well.

Could be the Oakland lighting vs. the daylight Cubs. No idea... and I'd never considered it before, so... yeah, I'm probably seeing things.

Mariners too a few years ago

Brendan+Ryan+Seattle+Mariners+v+Florida+Marlins+yqLJgwxkanBl.jpg

That was just two years ago. Series moved to Seattle due to scheduling conflict with a U2 concert at (Name-that-corporate-sponsor) Stadium.

I found it interesting that the Marlins only wore those black alts for all three of those games. I guess some things never change.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Could be the Oakland lighting vs. the daylight Cubs. No idea... and I'd never considered it before, so... yeah, I'm probably seeing things.

I don't have exact color specs for New Era colors, but since they both use the same cap color, it's not surprising that there's a mismatch:

ChicagoCubsBlue_9999_TXC_SRGB.pngTexasRangersBlue_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

These are the official Pantone Textile color specs for the Cubs and Rangers' Blue.

(The MLB didn't specify Textile specs until 1996 - that's why the "from date" is from 1996.)

Thanks, ColorWerx. That's the difference my eye sees. My blue jersey doesn't match my cap (nor does any Majestic product I own), yet the Antigua products I own (a shirt and a couple sweatshirts) look almost navy to they eye but match the cap perfectly. So they must not be using the correct color according to style. "Mazarine Blue" is much closer to that color than "Classic".

Archived