2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Looks like the white stripe road pants are just flat out gone. White Sox are wearing the road greys tonight:

The last shot with Paul Konerko high fiving Robin Ventura is the worst. The SOX patch and the single stripe together is way worse than:

fan-smacks-podsednik.jpg

So...why is Pods getting punched in the face?

Gotta accept the consequences when you jump into or around the crowd

True2OB.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...why is Pods getting punched in the face?

He was a payment behind to his dealer.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Awesome! I'm actually going to this game (barring this snowstorm they're predicting for Denver) on my way out to California on Tuesday. Fantastic!

And yes, they're wearing the roads at home to commemorate their first ever game, played as visitors at Shea in April of '93.

BHl0O_zps7c867d1c.jpeg

I'll be at this game! Can't wait.

So are the sleeve stripes still black/white on the road jersey, but paired with the single piping pants? I can't tell by those pics. The black stripe is obviously thick, but I can't determine if that's a white stripe or gray.

Yes, they're still black/white elastic cuffs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On May 5, the Milwaukee Brewers will hold a TBTC day against the Cardinals, honoring the pennant-winning 1913 Brewers.

No photos yet, but the Brewers have shown us that day's giveaway, a bobble head of Corey Hart wearing the uniform:

corey-hart-bobble.jpg

I like it.

1913-2013.jpg

The Cardinals will be wearing reproductions of their 1913 uniforms as well:

nl_1913_stlouis.gif

The Atlanta Braves apparently will have different piping on the pants when wearing the blue alternate. The regular road uniform will still have the standard Braves pants piping though.

Minor_zpsac8f9466.png

Here's another example of a team making the wrong choices.

The Braves should only wear one hat. You know which one I'm talking about. They also don't need those awful colorless alternates and they really don't need a special set of pants to wear with them.

Baseball was going really well last season with the Mets and Blue Jays reverting back to their best looks, but a wave of bad ideas is washing over EmmellBee (kiddie speak) this season.

As a Braves fan I could not agree more.

I just don't get the Braves. Their regular look is among the best in baseball, iconic in just about every way. And the last couple years, they've been slowly chipping away at their identity with a series of increasingly-disappointing alternates.

When your regular cap is that good, you shouldn't be wearing an alternate. When your regular uniforms are that good, you shouldn't be wearing alternates.

I want DAT BOBBLEHEAD!

Me, too. I'm flying in from Brooklyn with my sons just to come to the game.

I helped the team with research on the Brews' 1913 uniforms, so this is doubly cool for me personally.

Yeah, that squat M was short-lived, a temporary anomaly in the Brews' history.

Still, there's a reason the Brewers are throwing back to that one. I've pitched Brews TBTC events before without any interest, but when I mentioned that it was the centenary of the old team's first pennant, the Brewers were finally interested. So while it's not my favorite uniform from their 51-year history, it's significant.

While there may be some disagreement over whether the Red cap or Blue cap makes sense, I think the Cardinals are starting down the same road as the Braves with the Saturday alternate and already having the Sunday alt cap. I don't know if it will devolve as poorly as the Braves have, but once the chipping away starts, where does it end?

My solution for the Cardinals - white jerseys and red caps for every home game, gray jerseys with "St. Louis" script and blue caps for every road game (I've come around). Retire the fauxback alternate and burn the crappy BoB caps. It expands the identity by incorporating the new road wordmark and gives them a consistency they haven't had since 1997.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My solution for the Cardinals - white jerseys and red caps for every home game, gray jerseys with "St. Louis" script and blue caps for every road game (I've come around). Retire the fauxback alternate and burn the crappy BoB caps. It expands the identity by incorporating the new road wordmark and gives them a consistency they haven't had since 1997.

I personally like the Sunday cap, but I could definitely live with this.

That's my solution too, but I'd be fine retaining the alt Sunday cap as well. Either way.

An additional solution would be to go strictly with one cap—a navy crowned and red billed cap.

I'm also open to the idea of adding piping to the jerseys if so many people like how it looks on the stupid alternate.

That's my solution too, but I'd be fine retaining the alt Sunday cap as well. Either way.

An additional solution would be to go strictly with one cap—a navy crowned and red billed cap.

I'm also open to the idea of adding piping to the jerseys if so many people like how it looks on the stupid alternate.

I really like idea of one blue cap with a red bill if the cardinals can't do both a red cap and a blue cap. I think that would look really sharp, but that means the Sunday cap would have to go, which I know most people on here don't like but I love it, but like others have said I guess it would be a necessary sacrifice. Also I really do not like the alt uniform. I don't really like cream colored jerseys, I think they look like they got washed in a muddy creek and the piping doesn't look good, I think it just clutters a nearly perfect look for the Cardinals, and I know this will be really unpopular but the St. Louis script just doesn't do it for me I think its the capital L, looks awkward in that font to me. It just reminds me that the Cardinals sold out for an alt just like the majority of the MLB. Having said all this I just want the blue cap back (full time).

I'd like the sunday cap better if they had a set of matching batting helmets.

BUT I still can't get past the fact that the cap logo depicts either a huge cardinal perched on a regular sized bat or it's regular sized cardinal perched on a tiny bat. This is the 15th post I've used to state this.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived