2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I like the new astos set a lot, but I'm definitely not a fan of the bp jersey, ESPECIALLY if it's gonna be used on Sunday's.

If they wanted to do a tequila sunrise theme they should've either gone with multicolored sleeve trim or shoulder stripes. And they need to go with astros across the chest in white.

Hopefully these don't last for more than a year,

Also the home whites with the orange cap NEED orange socks and helmet. Curious to see how the orange cap would look with the road greys, probably too navy heavy, but who knows.

For their 20th Anniversary, the Marlins had Jeff Conine and Mike Lowell throw out the first pitch in their old uniforms:

75289861.jpg

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130408&content_id=44253104&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Side by side, the Marlins old uniforms make their new set look like a joke

I feel the exact opposite. The new ones make the old ones look bland and uninspired.

i could be alone here, but i didnt like the orange brim on the astros roads today

201304082308833145174-p2.jpeg

i think they look better in all navy. the solid orange is nice though. as a home alt or home full-time it'd be cool

Agreed. They need to at least swap the home and road caps. Each goes better with the other jersey.

47 Brand has redesigned their Franchise cap. The new sticker reads "The same great fit you know and love, redesigned with richer colors, bolder logos, and our new favorite fabric."

IMG_20130219_174640_998_zps8ec77aaf.jpg

I don't know about the "new favorite fabric", but I'm so glad they refreshed the colors. Yankees and Brewers in gray was silly.

Plus it looks like they're using the actual Yankees cap logo again, instead of the squished one they've put on their caps since 2006.

Anyone get one of the new '47 brand franchise hats?

Got an email advertisement today with the following link in it: http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18407646&cp=11362339.11237770

Do they look good? I'm assuming all relaxed, low crown as well?

i could be alone here, but i didnt like the orange brim on the astros roads today

201304082308833145174-p2.jpeg

i think they look better in all navy. the solid orange is nice though. as a home alt or home full-time it'd be cool

You're not alone, seems like they should have that hat for the home and the all navy for the road.

What I dont get with the new '47 hats is they cant decide whether they want to have the correct squatchee buttons or not.

Like with the phillies alternate hat, it has the red squatchee

pMLB2-14903105dt.jpg

But with their regular hat it has a red squatchee when it should be blue

pMLB2-14903110dt.jpg

That's bizarre. Squatchees have long been a problem with them.

EDIT: just checked the Mets and, sure enough, they missed the orange squatchee.

pMLB2-14903085dt.jpg

Strange. I think they're following their old pattern of using the contrasting squatchee with contrasting brims but ignoring the contrasting squatchee if the brim matches the crown. At least for the majors - they don't always follow that rule for minor league clubs.

47 Brand has redesigned their Franchise cap. The new sticker reads "The same great fit you know and love, redesigned with richer colors, bolder logos, and our new favorite fabric."

IMG_20130219_174640_998_zps8ec77aaf.jpg

I don't know about the "new favorite fabric", but I'm so glad they refreshed the colors. Yankees and Brewers in gray was silly.

Plus it looks like they're using the actual Yankees cap logo again, instead of the squished one they've put on their caps since 2006.

Got an email advertisement today with the following link in it: http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18407646&cp=11362339.11237770

Yes, same fit as before.

I don't think it was mentioned, but the Astros' batting helmets didn't match the caps. They will apparently wear solid navy batting helmets for every game, regardless of the hat. Son of a bitch.

I guessed at it upthread. I didn't know for certain. Well, in my heart, I knew for certain, because the Astros have been extremely hit or miss since Crane took over. It made too much sense for them to be too cheap to buy a second set of helmets for the road. Orange helmets were never happening. And the whole mess with the BP-as-a-Sunday-alt.

Got an email advertisement today with the following link in it: http://shop.mlb.com/...362339.11237770

Yes, same fit as before.

Lids has had them in-store for a while now. They feel different. Yeah, still relaxed, and low crown, but they aren't the same as before (logo change aside). I haven't tried one on that I like yet, and I am a big fan of the Franchise Hat. Maybe it's just an initial manufacturing issue. I'm withholding judgment until I can shop a few more of them.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Royals wore their home whites yesterday for the home opener.

For the past few years, they've stuck with a pretty strict jersey schedule of: powder blue for home day games, white for home night games, royal blue for home road games, and gray for road night games.

I believe they've worn the powder blues for every home opener since they introduced them several years ago. I wonder if this means they are gone for good, or if they are just deviating from the schedule of the past few years. The did wear their road grays for the season opener (day game) last week in Chicago, but stuck to the blue/day game, gray/night game schedule for the rest of the road trip.

Powder blue is wildly popular in KC. It's hard to imagine them being gone for good. I assume they'll wear them on Sunday if they are still in the rotation. They don't play a non-Sunday day game until May 2. It will be interesting to see if they wear them for that game or if they've been downgraded to a "Sunday only" alternate.

Cardinals Road Update: Lukas heard back from Bill Dewitt III, who basically said they were blowing off the fan voting for now and wearing red on the road.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Cardinals Road Update: Lukas heard back from Bill Dewitt III, who basically said they were blowing off the fan voting for now and wearing red on the road.

Wrong move Cardinals. WRONG MOVE.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I hate when teams make the wrong uniform choices when the correct ones are so bleepin obvious. The Cardinals and the blue hats are an example, but these Astros orange-billed road caps are really missing the mark.

They're unnecessary because the all navy cap is such an attractive hat that they should wear it for 162 games, but if they must wear the orange-billed caps, why on the road when there is almost no orange to speak of (save the outlines on the lettering and numbers) on the road uniforms? Your home uniforms use orange piping, which would be the perfect tie-in for the orange bill. With the road uniforms the orange bill looks stupidly out of place. Wearing less color on the road is the accepted and traditional baseball aesthetic and you're now wearing pretty traditional uniforms. Follow tradition and either ditch the orange bills or wear them only at home.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's not "so bleepin obvious" though. There are many on this forum (probably still a minority though) who prefer red to blue. With the Astros, I think both options look nice, and I don't think the orange bill is nearly as bad as some are making it out.

There are cases where it's "bleepin obvious", though I don't think this is one of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Its actually interesting because the vocal thought on the Cardinals before the move was to switch to red full time. People (again on here) didn't really say they preferred the blue until after the decision to change to red was made.

And yes DeWitt said the fan voting wasn't going to be used exactly, but he didn't write off the blue hats permanently either.

Archived