2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

I disagree. The piping adds clutter to a space that already has a lot going on. Their normal home and away uniforms work because the Birds on bat and the lettering are the only things demanding attention.

They should have a St. Louis gray road uniform, but it should be on their normal blank jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me start by saying those White Sox throwbacks are some ugly baseball uniforms. Pretty much every new uniform in MLB between 1970 and 1992 was terrible, and I am happy with what the Sox wear now (put the diamond sock back on the grays!). These were the softballiest of the softball uniforms of that era.

That being said, I will always have a soft spot for uniforms. Not just because the Sox won a division in them, but because they represent my childhood, even if I was too young to remember the Sox wearing them.

I think they looked damn good yesterday. The Sox again did a great job by ordering red shoes, undershirts and catchers' equipment (although the catcher used a red helmet from last year's throwbacks, I'm sure they'll get him a new one shortly). I didn't like that they went with belts instead of the elastic which was worn at the time, but at least Majestic fixed the problem with the gigantic collars they had on throwbacks for the past 8 or so years. The collars looked appropriate instead of going down to the nipples. Other than the belts and the uniforms not being skin tight with the pants legs pulled up, these were as authentic as any throwback you'll see.

I think the Sox wearing them every Sunday is perfect. Not overkill yet. However, a few players loved them and asked to wear them for all home day games. That would be too much, and likely lead to a large contingent of younger people calling for the Sox to wear these full time. Let's not encourage that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I disagree. The piping adds clutter to a space that already has a lot going on. Their normal home and away uniforms work because the Birds on bat and the lettering are the only things demanding attention.

They should have a St. Louis gray road uniform, but it should be on their normal blank jerseys.

Agreed. Although I don't hate the piping look on its own (Every Cardinals Concept I've done has included that along with the shoulders like in the 1940s) they look great without any piping and wouldn't want them to change.

The new Mets road alternate can be seen on ESPN right now

Nope. Still not a fan. Either lettering/numerals should've been orange trimmed in white like the home version, or they should've just gone with the "Mets" one home and away. But I really don't care for the random gray lettering. Just to match the pants? Doesn't work IMO.

Nope. Still not a fan. Either lettering/numerals should've been orange trimmed in white like the home version, or they should've just gone with the "Mets" one home and away. But I really don't care for the random gray lettering. Just to match the pants? Doesn't work IMO.

I saw it in the team store a couple days ago and LOVED it. But I agree on the field the gray lettering looks weird... I think because it matches the pants, it's too much gray (and/or maybe not enough orange).

Wasn't there supposed to be some change to the Reds road uniforms? Because I'm watching the Cardinals/Reds right now and I see no difference whatsoever, not even a minor change.

Didn't they darken their shade of red slightly?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Wasn't there supposed to be some change to the Reds road uniforms? Because I'm watching the Cardinals/Reds right now and I see no difference whatsoever, not even a minor change.

There was a rumor that the Reds were going to move the sleeve stripes down the sleeve cuffs, but that didn't happen. My roommate and I were both able to get $50 authentic roadies at Redsfest in what I thought was a sign that they were going to change.

It really might be as simple as going from pms 199c to pms 200c.

PvO6ZWJ.png

150785_642600615767010_1428019513_n.jpg

Harv.jpg

I said it when they were released and I'll say it again now: This is a great idea that is long overdue. The execution is certainly debatable, but using gray instead of white on an exclusively road alternate just makes too much sense. I applaud the Mets on this one.

150785_642600615767010_1428019513_n.jpg

Harv.jpg

I said it when they were released and I'll say it again now: This is a great idea that is long overdue. The execution is certainly debatable, but using gray instead of white on an exclusively road alternate just makes too much sense. I applaud the Mets on this one.

So every team that has a colored alt needs to use white letters with white pants and gray with gray? That'd be bland as hell and redundant.

Archived