2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S&S look bad, the idea is just getting ridiculous now. just take the regular team hat and put an american/ candaian flag patch on it. cant look anymore out of place & guady wearing camo hats. the only team that looked right doing it was the padres and thats still pushing it. i dont see how dressing baseball players in military style camo is an "honor" to those giving the ultimate sacrifice or honoring their country? honestly if i was in the military, esp deployed and saw death all around me and i came home to see a bunch of overpaid sports stars wearing it, it would piss me off, id probally go on a PTSD rage saying, you want to wear camo and pretend youre military, then put your life on the line and deal with what me and my fellow brothers and sisters went through. Im sorry about the long rant but thats just my opinion. flag patch and call it a day, the series is getting to be TOO much now. also, whent he price of the hat pushes $40 price tag, thats nuts, i know they say proceeds go to charities, but really.. how much goes to these charities. you know the teams, the league, and new era are taking their more than fair share out of it..

additionally, i agree that the level of ignorance towards the bluejays hat is slightly disturbing. blue jays are in an entirely different country, they have their own military history, memorials, designs and units. I know if i was a candaian and saw that new era decided oh, well the other 29 teams are american and since america is the world police force now, they wont mind if we just throw their only national spotlighted baseball team in with the rest of the american cities. its like a slap in the face to those who served in the candian armed forces.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Twins throwbacks later this month. Gray throwbacks at home. Will be interesting to see what the Brewers wear.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

And, I imagine, a Bears Negro League throwback at some point. That's twelve. Cripes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Last Friday I sat close enough to the Brewers' dugout to see those road grays up close and in person and I gotta say, in person, they look really really good.

*ducks*

There were a few Brewers fans in attendance over the two games I went to and 90% of them were in the BiG gear. Not that that's a new development, just new to me seeing it in person.

PvO6ZWJ.png

BKO955TCcAAK6FP.pngTwins and Brewers wearing minor league throwbacks tonight. Most interesting part (to me, anyways) is that it means each will be wearing the other team's MLB color(s). Love every part of that Brewers uni, though the hat logo doesn't quite match the rest.

And, I imagine, a Bears Negro League throwback at some point. That's twelve. Cripes.

If only we had a baseball-equivalent of dennisbergman, he'd tell you to get with the times because it's not nineteen dickety-eight when you watched boring men wear wool uniforms and drive away in Edsels, or something.

Yes, the Brewers uniforms were bad five six years ago. Adding three additional regular alts and all these one off jerseys is ridiculous. Oh, and why the hell did the Twins decide to wear gray at home, just to be jagoffs? They should have either worn the home jersey from that era or a cream fauxback with "St. Paul" on the chest. Dumb.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If only we had a baseball-equivalent of dennisbergman, he'd tell you to get with the times because it's not nineteen dickety-eight when you watched boring men wear wool uniforms and drive away in Edsels, or something.

Yes, the Brewers uniforms were bad five six years ago. Adding three additional regular alts and all these one off jerseys is ridiculous. Oh, and why the hell did the Twins decide to wear gray at home, just to be jagoffs? They should have either worn the home jersey from that era or a cream fauxback with "St. Paul" on the chest. Dumb.

I'm assuming they did it just to have St. Paul displayed.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

They could have just done a cream fauxback with St. Paul on it.The Dodgers did that a few years back when they wore "Brooklyn" home jerseys on Jackie Robinson day (although that jersey was white). A few weeks back we had the Rockies commemerating the 20th anniversary of the first game in franchise history by wearing road jerseys at home and making the Mets wear home jerseys. I disliked it, but reasoned it was just a one-time thing. Now we have another team wearing road uniforms at home, and this time there is no relevant reason to specifically wear gray. I'd hate to get to the point where baseball teams start wearing road jerseys at home. The NBA is pretty much a joke aesthetically, and the worst of it is that the home and road designations are meaningless, and teams just wear whatever they feel like on a given night. I'd be royally pissed off if baseball went down that path.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Was that Brewers uniform a pre-cursor to the Braves in any ways. Like did the Braves go ahead and adopt that style when they moved to Milwaukee?

Because my biggest problem with that jersey is I keep reading Braves despite every letter after 'r' being different. But this had to be the original inspiration, right? Or were they a Braves farm team at the time?

Archived