2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

Personally, I'm more bothered by the Brewers in button-ups than the Twins in gray. I'd rather have authenticity of design.

Has there ever been an example of a Majestic zipper-front jersey? I've always thought of them as a very lazy uniform manufacturer. I don't think they've ever done vertically arched player names either.

They should leave the production of uniforms to the pros like Wilson, Rawlings, or a smaller company which cares about authenticity like Ebbets Field Flannels.

Don't most teams used vertically-arched names on back?

most teams used ratically arched. vertical looks like this

17463688_SS.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but I'm a bit confused. Ratically arched? And isn't vertically arched just where the letters make an arch?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, arched is okay.

Lukas gives a pretty good breakdown here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/060223

But in short, vertical arching means the letters themselves stay vertical and their top and bottom lines are angled to give the word an arch. Radial arching means leaving individual letters alone but setting each of them on an angle to achieve the arch.

Brewers throwbacks have vertical arching on the front, radial arching on the back:

Capuano%20Jersey.jpg

and raglan sleeves, like every pinstripe jersey should have.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And, of course, for the White Sox, black-white-silver is the classic scheme.

No, the current logo and home uniform are based off their looks from the '50s into the '70s. During that span, their colors were black and red, navy and white, royal blue and white, and red and white. The cleaned up the classic logo, but this color scheme was new to them, and likely was inspired by the popularity of the LA Raiders at that time. If they had waited another year or two, I imagine they would have returned to black and red, as by that time the Bulls' dynasty was rolling and Jordan was pretty much the most popular man in the world.

Either way, I like the '80s set as a once-a-week throwback. It's one of those "it's so ugly it's good" things. However, there is no reason for teams to deviate from their logos and color scheme on a regular basis. The Brewers are a special case, where keeping around the throwback alt is good, as at least they are throwing the fans a bone for having to look at the crap they wear every other night. But yes, the Brewers should make that their regular look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Why are teams wearing their camo stuff this weekend? Memorial Day is next weekend, no?

The only thing I can think of is that it's being done now for the teams who may not be playing at home on Memorial Day. Not sure if it's the full reason, however

Why are teams wearing their camo stuff this weekend? Memorial Day is next weekend, no?

The only thing I can think of is that it's being done now for the teams who may not be playing at home on Memorial Day. Not sure if it's the full reason, however

Today is US Armed Forces Day.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Well I feel stupid now

Well I feel stupid now

And not every team wore them, so that means they hate America.

I was in the New Era store in LA today and took a close up look at it.

264566_700704934878_501258458_n.jpg

Also, here is the AS game patch. There are two stars in the back of the cap.

923194_700704665418_1215288879_n.jpg

374265_700704680388_847472358_n.jpg

Go A's!

Well I feel stupid now

And not every team wore them, so that means they hate America.

I was in the New Era store in LA today and took a close up look at it.

264566_700704934878_501258458_n.jpg

Also, here is the AS game patch. There are two stars in the back of the cap.

923194_700704665418_1215288879_n.jpg

374265_700704680388_847472358_n.jpg

I think that was done last year as well

Archived