2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that except for the tail on the "B". I think the tip should be flat instead of rounded, like the "O" on the home word mark. My summary of desired O's changes:

No white panel.

Flip O's apostrophe.

Match home and road word mark angles.

Ditch orange panel cap.

White outline on black jersey.

Swinging bird shoulder patch.

After being mostly against the cartoon bird, now I'd say I'm resigned-to-ambivalent. If they stick with it, the other cartoon birds should at least be in the same style rather than a mashup of eras.

I'm against a gothic "B" cap, it doesn't fit anything else in the current identity. I like my cap logos (when they're letters) to match my word marks. Personally, I think the "O's" cap is great, except for the inverted apostrophe.

I totally agree about the white panel on the home hat; that needs to go. I think the road cap looks great, though. I didn't like the cartoon bird when they brought it back, but I guess it's grown on me. But the white panel still is bad. Another change I would like to see them make is going with white letters and a black outline on the orange jersey instead of the way they have it now; but I am glad they brought back the orange jerseys.

I thought the O's black alt was weak looking at first, but keeping in mind what an actual Baltimore Oriole looks like, the way the orange script sits in the black jersey looks unique and handsome imo.

I agree, I think the black jerseys look great w/ no outline around the letters

Braves are wearing BP hats for today's game against the Twins (red A, white outline, all-blue hat). I haven't seen it before this point in the season but I could be wrong. Assuming it's because it's so hot today. Twins are wearing red hats with blue brims, not completely sure if that is their BP hat or not. I definitely prefer this all-blue hat to the normal all-blue hat (the one with just the white A) because it brings a little red to the table and matches the design of the wordmarks.

Braves are wearing BP hats for today's game against the Twins (red A, white outline, all-blue hat). I haven't seen it before this point in the season but I could be wrong. Assuming it's because it's so hot today. Twins are wearing red hats with blue brims, not completely sure if that is their BP hat or not. I definitely prefer this all-blue hat to the normal all-blue hat (the one with just the white A) because it brings a little red to the table and matches the design of the wordmarks.

Nevermind, misread the quote. Thought he meant BP jerseys instead of hats.

After seeing several teams wear the new BP hats in regular season games already, and were not even into the hot part of summer yet, itll be interesting to see if New Era eventually comes out with game hats using the new BP hat model, and offers them as an option to players.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I thought the O's black alt was weak looking at first, but keeping in mind what an actual Baltimore Oriole looks like, the way the orange script sits in the black jersey looks unique and handsome imo.

I agree, I think the black jerseys look great w/ no outline around the letters

baltimore_oriole_2.jpgBaltimore%20Oriole.jpg

Adam+Jones+Carlos+Santana+baseball+player+lXlOfAR3PSrx.jpg

hi-res-152554149_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=85Flickr-5709251962.jpg

After seeing several teams wear the new BP hats in regular season games already, and were not even into the hot part of summer yet, itll be interesting to see if New Era eventually comes out with game hats using the new BP hat model, and offers them as an option to players.

I hope not.

I didn't mind the switch to CoolBase because those caps are visually indistinguishable from the old wool caps. These are quite obviously a different material.

http://baltimorespor...onal-road-b-hat

This is the cap in question:

pMLB2-9634194dt.jpg

I'm all for this. Seriously.

That's just B-eautiful. The letter 'B' in an old fashioned style font always seems to look great on a hat or helmet. Its distinctive enough too that it won't look like a Boston Red Sox or Brooklyn Dodgers rip-off either, which is always a plus.

"It could have been worse" does not mean that it's good.

The Baltimore script is still bad, though less bad after last year's tweaks. It really needs a more organic feel to it, like the home script has. I agree with previous comments that the alternate uniforms with no outline look like BP jerseys. The re-drawn cartoon bird lost some of the character of the original - I'm still not sure how they managed to butcher his cap. I really think they'd look better with black crowned caps on both home or road, but if fans like the white, then so be it. It looks like a softball cap to me though.

The Orioles set is far from the worst in the league, but is firmly middle-of-the-pack - there's nothing glaringly horrible about it, but there's also nothing overly remarkable about it either. It's not "clean" or consistent enough to be in that top tier, but it's not littered with a million alts or trendy design or any of the other crap that you see in the bottom tier.

Getting rid of the "O's" cap would help.

I agree with you about the home hats; I'm an O's fan, but I hate the white panel. If they want a home and away hat, make the black crown/orange bill the home and do an all black for the road; if not, the current road hat would be fine for everyday.

I do love the black alternate jerseys, though. Not sure why, but I like the no-outline and have never felt it looks like a batting practice jersey. The O's hat does need to go, though.

This is a Billings Mustangs 1948 throwback hat I have that it is probably pretty close to what the Orioles would wear. I would assume that they were affiliated at the time but i cant confirm it.

1948Cap_300_zps756710cc.jpg

The Orioles were a minor league team in 1948. Not that bigger minor league clubs didn't have their own farm systems - the Brewers did going back to the 1930s - but Montana seems an awfully long ways away for that to have been the case.

Oh, I get it now. You preferred the 39thirties.

Myself, I vastly prefer 59fifties, as the L/XL sizes were too small for my 7 5/8 head.

Same here. The only 39thirty that fit my head was a Players XL (larger than a L-XL) that a clubbie got for me when I worked for the Blue Jays in Florida.

Archived