2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are the giants the only team with the same BP hat as one of their normal ones?

actually, do they even wear the regular orange brim hats anymore?

A's wore the gold

201305290030018046266-p2.jpg

That is a B-E-A utiful look for the A's.

As for the original question, yes. The Giants are the only team who's BP cap is no different from one of their on the field caps. It's a bit of a bummer as a Giants fan, but they really don't have much of a choice. They no longer use the font that had the old NY Giants/Old BP G, and an orange cap would've been awful.

I actually don't mind that one bit. I find this look much more appropriate than when they go with the green tops. I wish they'd wear this look more often (expect for the hat...the hat is garbage)

The Phillies announcers were sarcastically referring to the caps as the "rivalry caps", while laughing and then just saying that they're just the BP caps. What a goddam joke. Seriously - if you want to break a losing streak and just need to do something different, then OK. But this is absurd. What's next - NFL teams wearing practice jerseys in a game so that they can sell those? Maybe the QBs can play in their red practice jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I do have to say that the Red Sox/Phillies with the BP caps looked much better yesterday in the opposite uniforms than they do tonight.

Probably because the red sox hat is mostly red, with a uniform that doesn't have any red at all, and the uniform by itself sucks too

I love the Phillies hat but don't think it goes well with the uniform. I still wish they would've brought this design back.

baseball_caps_phillies-alt.jpg

Also, on an unrelated note, That A's combo is the best look of them all. I thought the Rays looked good tonight as well.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I love the Phillies hat but don't think it goes well with the uniform. I still wish they would've brought this design back.

Also, on an unrelated note, That A's combo is the best look of them all. I thought the Rays looked good tonight as well.

I think that may be the worst cap they've worn in their existence. The star in the p makes no sense and isn't used anywhere else in their package, and IMO red and blue only work on caps when the darker color is the crown and the lighter the bill. Actually that goes for nearly all combos.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think an orange crown/black brim hat for the Giants would be a decent BP look.

Something like this would be great:

59fifty-MLB-San-Francisco-Giants-New-Era-Fitted-Baseball-Orange-Black-Hat80194.jpg

Eh, it's best left to being a fashion cap. Even as a BP cap, it's a little too far from what the Giants should look like. The current orange-brimmed cap is already bad enough. Their regular cap is iconic and should be worn for all games.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think that may be the worst cap they've worn in their existence. The star in the p makes no sense and isn't used anywhere else in their package, and IMO red and blue only work on caps when the darker color is the crown and the lighter the bill. Actually that goes for nearly all combos.

Sure it is. Look how the I's are dotted.

Philadelphia%20Phillies%20jersey.jpg

I do have to say that the Red Sox/Phillies with the BP caps looked much better yesterday in the opposite uniforms than they do tonight.

Probably because the red sox hat is mostly red, with a uniform that doesn't have any red at all, and the uniform by itself sucks too

Well they ARE called the Red SOX, so at least they got that part covered B)

Check out what New Era posted this morning on twitter:

http://Instagram.com/p/Z8FxwKsYK2/

The black outline would be totally unnecessary if it weren't for the fact that they didn't connect that damn beak to the bottom of the "chin" with a black line. That bugs the hell out of me about that logo. Why do they insist on leaving that part of the beak like that???

The P-star doesn't appear anywhere else in their package. It's not an alternate logo. It's just on that one hat. Not being able to see the space in the loop of the P isn't visually appealing to me.

The P-star doesn't appear anywhere else in their package. It's not an alternate logo. It's just on that one hat. Not being able to see the space in the loop of the P isn't visually appealing to me.

Oh OK, didnt think you were being that literal, thought you just meant the star in general.

It doesnt bother me. The star is in their identity, it doesnt bother me that they put it on the hat even if it's not in the P elsewhere. YMMV

Well they ARE called the Red SOX, so at least they got that part covered B)

except you can't see them when their pants aren't high cuffed, which none of the players do

Oh OK, didnt think you were being that literal, thought you just meant the star in general.

It doesnt bother me. The star is in their identity, it doesnt bother me that they put it on the hat even if it's not in the P elsewhere. YMMV

I wouldn't mind if they replaced the sleeve number with the P-star.

So you'd have a P on the front, two stars on the front, then a combo P and star on the sleeve? Seems pretty redundant. It's also not a very well designed mark.

Archived