2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about this?

4iLiM.png

I updated the old stadium logo and changed the bottom fins to look like an M. It has the traditional pose, but still looks sleek and modern / classic at the same time.

I don't like the tail, or lack of tail. The whole thing looks like a slug... or the lid of a cooking pot.

Not sure how to incorporate a tail into this particular design. Its meant to portray movement and speed. A tail slows down the design and makes in clunky, but I could toy around with it.

Perhaps the Dolphins' evolution isn't as different from the Bears' as you think:

http://www.sportslog.../Chicago_Bears/

Maybe the Dolphins are right on schedule, and as the Bears showed in 1999, rollbacks are an option.

Absolutely. Until now, I didn't realize how much the Bears cleaned the old logo up for the current version. That is EXACTLY what the Dolphins should do. Take the original logo (or probably the second version with the sun centered on the dolphin), clean it up to a great amount and call it a day. No navy, no abstract elements, no Aquafresh stripes.

Exactly. Taking the artistic Marlins route is just wrong for a NFL team like the Dolphins. Clean up the classic logo and it's perfect.

The whole helmet thing harkens back to what I think were some of the more fun logos back in the day. This one was always a favorite of mine:

328.gif

And for God's sake let's not have a "fierce" dolphin. The whole cartoony mean look is ridiculous.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

What about this?

4iLiM.png

I updated the old stadium logo and changed the bottom fins to look like an M. It has the traditional pose, but still looks sleek and modern / classic at the same time.

I don't like the tail, or lack of tail. The whole thing looks like a slug... or the lid of a cooking pot.

It's that dolphin from the movie Dolphin Tale...

tumblr_lt6ucq8zx01r2co9bo1_500.jpg

You can file this one in the “completely unsubstantiated rumor” category, but there has been a bit of chatter about the Vikings changing their uniforms on the Daily Norseman site, and in the discussion someone brought up hearing mentions of the Vikings adding a 3rd color (or 4th, if you count white). Speculation was that it could be gray (to match a gray facemask), but as I said, this was just chatter and it didn’t seem that anyone had any real inside info. Just thought I’d toss it out there… I can actually picture some interesting ways gray could be added to the logo, but to add gray to the rest of the uniform? Not sure how I would feel about that.

Here is a very rough mockup I put together which is kind of like a merge between the old logo and leaked logo. The lines still need to be cleaned up.

UNjuR.png

The eye and the bottom white stripe make it look kinda "orca-ish".

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

You can file this one in the “completely unsubstantiated rumor” category, but there has been a bit of chatter about the Vikings changing their uniforms on the Daily Norseman site, and in the discussion someone brought up hearing mentions of the Vikings adding a 3rd color (or 4th, if you count white). Speculation was that it could be gray (to match a gray facemask), but as I said, this was just chatter and it didn’t seem that anyone had any real inside info. Just thought I’d toss it out there… I can actually picture some interesting ways gray could be added to the logo, but to add gray to the rest of the uniform? Not sure how I would feel about that.

A little gray in a classic throwback uniform vs the clown outfits now? I'd take the gray in a heartbeat.

Grey is the new black for Nike, makes sense to me. I always liked your white mask best, to balance out the helmet w/ the white horn.

I've seen these rumors as well--and there's a few people around here who also think the Vikings should mix some grey in there somewhere (or maybe they were fanning the flames--hehe :P ). I spent some time exploring different ways of trying that...but short of coming up with a Philadelphia Eagles-type solution, I really don't see any way to make that work and look good at the same time.

My own personal opinion...the Vikings own the color purple in the NFL; that's what they should stick to. Purple and white, with some saffron mixed in there for good measure. Let the purple stand on its own...no need to muddying it up with some arbitrary gray. And in doing so, they do need to do something about those uniforms they have now...way too much going on with those threads.

(Oh--and before this one gets out of hand, some people greatly overestimate Nike's influence...any addition of gray, or any other color, would have to be approved by the Vikings--same with any other team for that matter--and then by NFL Properties. Just throwing that reminder back out there.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've seen these rumors as well--and there's a few people around here who also think the Vikings should mix some grey in there somewhere (or maybe they were fanning the flames--hehe :P ). I spent some time exploring different ways of trying that...but short of coming up with a Philadelphia Eagles-type solution, I really don't see any way to make that work and look good at the same time.

My own personal opinion...the Vikings own the color purple in the NFL; that's what they should stick to. Purple and white, with some saffron mixed in there for good measure. Let the purple stand on its own...no need to muddying it up with some arbitrary gray. And in doing so, they do need to do something about those uniforms they have now...way too much going on with those threads.

(Oh--and before this one gets out of hand, some people greatly overestimate Nike's influence...any addition of gray, or any other color, would have to be approved by the Vikings--same with any other team for that matter--and then by NFL Properties. Just throwing that reminder back out there.)

I know but, don't you think nike shows or has mock ups for them w/ grey? Also the Seahawks gave nike the freedom to go all nike.

True, but the Vikings approved those awful uniforms they have now, so you have to fear that they're an organization that will happily defer to the experts and rubber-stamp another terrible idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

True, but the Vikings approved those awful uniforms they have now, so you have to fear that they're an organization that will happily defer to the experts and rubber-stamp another terrible idea.

That's always a possibility. (One that quite frankly terrifies quite a bit of us.)

Maybe someone should remind them that the Vikings have one NFL and three NFC championships to their credit*, 18 division titles including each one of the '70s seasons except two, and have sent nine players (ten if you wanna count Warren Moon) and two coaches to the Pro Football Hall of Fame...and save for the last two division titles, at no point did they look like clowns while doing so. (Well except for Jim Marshall running the wrong that way...but that's another thread. :P )

Point being...the Vikes have a lot of success in history, not to mention they play in arguably the single most "traditional" division in the entire league. The clownsuits just don't become them, quite frankly. Now I'm not advocating a straight return to 1971 here, though if done right I probably wouldn't be opposed to it...they just need something a good bit more buttoned down than the mess they're wearing now.

*someone's gonna bite on that

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived