2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

someone here made this concept, and this is what i would love to see

dolphinsnewnd7.gif

The "helmet-wearing" dolphin has, to me, always been moronic and takes an opportunity away from a unique team name to do something neat with their helmet. While I grant you that the seemingly-new logo isn't a home run by any means, it's an improvement over a dumbass helmet-wearing sea creature leaping dopily past a cartoonish sun.

I agree with this. As an unpopular opinion, I would definitely prefer a silhouette to a campy dolphin with a football helmet and a facial expression. I would welcome that concept that's going around.

I want to enter this logo into the Make a Better Dolphins Logo contest, but I need to know who to credit so that they know it wasn't me.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a huge fan of the supposedly leaked logo, but I love the possibility of a dolphin logo without the stupid silly helmet. It never made sense and it just needs to go. Someone made the comment that "the only way you can represent a dolphin is with a cartoony logo" or something to that effect. Please, its the only way that you have ever seen it; you've never been given other options. I was still hoping that they would break from the past and push the envelope a little though.

I'm not a huge fan of the supposedly leaked logo, but I love the possibility of a dolphin logo without the stupid silly helmet. It never made sense and it just needs to go. Someone made the comment that "the only way you can represent a dolphin is with a cartoony logo" or something to that effect. Please, its the only way that you have ever seen it; you've never been given other options. I was still hoping that they would break from the past and push the envelope a little though.

Push the envelope? The Dolphins have been around for a long time, and they deserve the traditional treatment the same way the Bears do.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Push the envelope? The Dolphins have been around for a long time, and they deserve the traditional treatment the same way the Bears do.

No.

The Dolphins don't get the same treatment as the Bears.

They get the same treatment you would give the Vikings, Bengals, or Saints.

Perhaps the Dolphins' evolution isn't as different from the Bears' as you think:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/169/Chicago_Bears/

Maybe the Dolphins are right on schedule, and as the Bears showed in 1999, rollbacks are an option.

Face it: there's just no way to make a dolphin look tough.

Why does it have to be tough? The best part about the past Dolphins logos were that they didn't take themselves too seriously. Putting a helmet on the dolphin was a perfect way to do this. I think this would be a fine update if it just had the helmet and a face.

Because they play football and not badminton?

So a 250 lb. linebacker is going to rip the head off Ryan Tannehill because he has a fun dolphin on his helmet, but :censored: his pants when he lines up against the Raiders? Just because these are sports teams doesn't mean they always have to be tough.

You miss my point. Miami players don't feel tough wearing Flipper on their helmets. How could they?

And yet the Dolphins are the only team with an undefeated Super Bowl championship season.

And it's really easy to miss your point when you don't have one.

Yep, I think these guys felt pretty tough back in the day...

32308_387878854632188_863830433_n.jpg

Why does it have to be tough? The best part about the past Dolphins logos were that they didn't take themselves too seriously. Putting a helmet on the dolphin was a perfect way to do this. I think this would be a fine update if it just had the helmet and a face.

So a 250 lb. linebacker is going to rip the head off Ryan Tannehill because he has a fun dolphin on his helmet, but :censored: his pants when he lines up against the Raiders? Just because these are sports teams doesn't mean they always have to be tough.

You miss my point. Miami players don't feel tough wearing Flipper on their helmets. How could they?

And yet the Dolphins are the only team with an undefeated Super Bowl championship season.

I wouldn't f*** with them, but you go ahead

Perhaps the Dolphins' evolution isn't as different from the Bears' as you think:

http://www.sportslog.../Chicago_Bears/

Maybe the Dolphins are right on schedule, and as the Bears showed in 1999, rollbacks are an option.

Absolutely. Until now, I didn't realize how much the Bears cleaned the old logo up for the current version. That is EXACTLY what the Dolphins should do. Take the original logo (or probably the second version with the sun centered on the dolphin), clean it up to a great amount and call it a day. No navy, no abstract elements, no Aquafresh stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

at 14-0 these guys could wear tutus! The Dolphins have always had a distinct design, keep it! The currents suck ass!

Archived