Chick-fil-A's new(?) logo

NDwas

Before I go too far, I must ask you all to please not turn this topic into a political and/or religious free-for-all. This is the design forum, not the watercooler/debate forum. Thank you.

- - - - - - - - - -

Moving on, here is the old logo:

ScreenShot2012-10-19at025016PM.png

And here is the new(?) logo spotted on cups and their website:

backgroundTopHeader.jpg

I happen to think the newer version is much cleaner and friendlier in a way. You can see the biggest differences when looking at the two "Chick"s (heh).

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

The font is slightly thinner, the outline thicker, and the beak now closed. Not really different enough to say I like one more than the other.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The newer version's definitely cleaner and crisper. The angle of the chicken's good, though they should have kept both parts of the beak.

(I'm complimenting this with clenched teeth.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The counters (holes) are larger, increasing legibility.

The beak has been moved up, implying the chicken is looking up or forward, rather than down.

Might be an illusion, but it appears that more of the letters are on the same baseline, rather than different angles as before.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The closed beak to me says "chicken" more readily than the open beak.

Slight improvement, but mostly lateral.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So, you're new here... this place is about discussing logo changes. It's kinda what we do.

ya but i'm just saying a chicken closing its mouth doesn't really need its own thread.

Script is a little different too. Enough that you can tell.

I'm a fan of the new logo. Seems crisper.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

So, you're new here... this place is about discussing logo changes. It's kinda what we do.

ya but i'm just saying a chicken closing its mouth doesn't really need its own thread.

It's not for you to decide. Again, you're new here, and you have a propensity for being a problem.

It doesn't matter if you think this should have its own thread. This area is about non-sports design. Chick-Fil-A is a big company, and a logo change of a big company is enough to have its own thread.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's not for you to decide. Again, you're new here, and you have a propensity for being a problem.

It doesn't matter if you think this should have its own thread. This area is about non-sports design. Chick-Fil-A is a big company, and a logo change of a big company is enough to have its own thread.

never mind

spacer.png

:notworthy: congrats on using a big word slapshot

I can't wait until you apply for a job at Chick-fil-A, they find this thread, and then you get shafted. Face it kid, if this is how you act, thats the type of job you are heading for.

As for the logo, its a good tweak, but I'd rather see Conan's branding for Chick-fil-A.

Archived