Dashon Goldson: Uniform Fines on NFL.com

DeFrank

http://www.nfl.com/n...nes-total-77500

San Francisco 49ers safety Dashon Goldson has a large stack of manila envelopes in his locker. They are messages from the NFL informing him of all his fines this season, Goldson told San Francisco reporters Thursday.

Goldson said he repeatedly has been fined for uniform violations because his socks and uniform pants failed to meet the NFL code.

Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle passed along word that Goldson estimates he has received roughly $70,000 worth of fines. This sounded odd, so we checked with the NFL. The league confirmed Goldson has been fined for uniform infractions, but it only happened twice. Both violations were regarding his pants. He was fined $5,250 for the first offense and $10,500 for the second.

The $70,000 number comes from other infractions. Goldson said he also has been fined three separate times for hits, including $21,000 for a helmet-to-helmet hit on New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez last week. Goldson also was fined $7,875 for an unnecessary roughness penalty and $7,875 for taunting earlier this season.

Goldson also was fined $25,000 for a fight with Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Early Doucet last year, according to Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. When you put it all togeher, Goldson actually has racked up $77,500 in league fines.

The fines are intended to discourage certain behavior, but that doesn't seem to be working on Goldson.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

First off, did he know he was violating uniform code at the time he decided to put on his uniform the way he did? Second, is this uniform violation a safety measure and/or does it give him an unfair advantage? Third, what did he look like out there on the field? There are no pictures of him included in the article. I'd hold off on judging him or this situation until I have all three of these questions answered.

First off, did he know he was violating uniform code at the time he decided to put on his uniform the way he did? Second, is this uniform violation a safety measure and/or does it give him an unfair advantage? Third, what did he look like out there on the field? There are no pictures of him included in the article. I'd hold off on judging him or this situation until I have all three of these questions answered.

1- Yes

2 - No

3 -

121612patsms22.jpg

Go A's!

from the NFL rule book

"Pants

(d) Pants must be worn over the entire knee area; pants shortened or rolled up to meet the stockings above the knee are

prohibited. No part of the pants may be cut away unless an appropriate gusset or other device is used to replace the

removed material. All pants must carry a small NFL Shield logo on the front left groin area of the pants, midway

between the fly opening and side seam, and ½-inch below the belt."

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1- Yes

2 - No

3 -

121612patsms22.jpg

I'll fill in #3 - What did he look like out there on the field?

3 - :censored:

The NFL is a company and a business. The players are employees to the company. Like many other jobs, there are rules to be followed. The employees wear a uniform to the job and they should wear them according to what the company says. I don't see UPS guys wearing blue socks because that's not part of the uniform. Same here. If a player doesn't follow the rules, then they should be punished for it.

Go A's!

I don't know if this is from this year, but here's a picture of this guy:

512x.jpg

He looks like a damn fool. No pads. Has golf socks on. Pants are above his knee. And lord knows, what's going on at the top of his britches.

The NFL is morphing into the lame-ass NBA. Which is sad. The NBA has become a joke. No rules. Just show up and wear anything you want and look like a idiot. No team. Just individuals.

IIRC, a player can request his fine money go to a specific charity, or else it goes towards the NFL Player Care Foundation, providing benefits to retired players.

I say, you get fined twice and the 3rd offense, you take the weekend off UNPAID.

I betcha all of this stupidity ends in a hurry. Take a gamecheck away from them and let the team lose his services for a week and see how it goes over. Methinks guys like Belichick and Harbaugh and 30 other head coaches will make sure the players comply or they'll be unemployed quickly.

IIRC, a player can request his fine money go to a specific charity, or else it goes towards the NFL Player Care Foundation, providing benefits to retired players.

50% goes to Players Care Foundation and Players Assistance Trust. The other 50% goes to a group of charities agreed upon by the NFL and the NFLPA.

He looks like a damn fool. No pads. Has golf socks on. Pants are above his knee. And lord knows, what's going on at the top of his britches.

The NFL is morphing into the lame-ass NBA. Which is sad. The NBA has become a joke. No rules. Just show up and wear anything you want and look like a idiot. No team. Just individuals.

Thigh pads are not required by the NFL this season, however they will for 2013.

I say, you get fined twice and the 3rd offense, you take the weekend off UNPAID.

I betcha all of this stupidity ends in a hurry. Take a gamecheck away from them and let the team lose his services for a week and see how it goes over. Methinks guys like Belichick and Harbaugh and 30 other head coaches will make sure the players comply or they'll be unemployed quickly.

And I betcha that the NFLPA would not sign off on such a proposal and go to the Federal Court in Minneapolis.

There is both League Discipline and Team Discipline with clear rules and fines written out in the CBA for each.

Teams can fine for players being overweight ($470/lb.) at training camp, $9K for missing meetings, and others which you can easily search on your own. Coaches/teams can even fine one game/suspend without pay for four weeks for actions which they deem are "Detrimental to the Club". However, if they attempt to go that route, a "Non-injury Grievence" will most likely be filed and heard.

Archived