2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're thinking you can't enjoy being a supporter of a second-division club, you're missing out on a ton.

That said, if you already have a team, it'd be kinda lame to switch.

I do not understand why it would be "lame" to switch to a new team that was just made?

Although I'm not a big fan of switching clubs, there are some circumstances in which it makes perfect sense. I can always support such a move if the switch is to a local club. If a Cubs fan moves to DC, and intends to spend her life in DC, I can see adopting the Nationals as her new home team.

That goes double for an area that gets a new club. Now that Indianapolis has the Eleven, I can see existing soccer fans dropping their allegiance to the Chicago Fire or Columbus Crew or LA Galaxy or whatever team they followed in favor of the local club. SImilarly, there's nothing wrong with Red Bull fans in the city deciding that they are going to support their new local club (either one).

Meanwhile, Huddersfield Town have unveiled their new clobber for next season.

bju1.jpg

They've made the switch to Puma, which means that (assuming rumours that Nottingham Forest are moving to Adidas are correct) there will be no teams amongst the 92 wearing Umbro kits next season.

That Puma collar really is awful. It would be bad enough for one team, but to make a template out of it...

Those last 2 posts really sum up two different sorts of soccer/football fans. RyanMcD portraying the type that wants to support the top level high quality team, almost irrespective of emotional link. Mockba shows the emotional link being the big thing type. And yes it can be cool supporting a lower tier, less good team (although Southampton have been top tier most of my life they have rarely squeezed into the top half of the top tier). It makes those rare few moments of success all the more sweet!

I know it can be fun to support the lower level team, but it's not like there's a promotion system like in Europe where I can see the Cosmos rise up to the top. I mean yes it could get fun in the US Open Cup, but otherwise you see where I'm going with this

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

No, I can't say I'm a fan of it either. Over recent seasons Puma really seem to be trying to establish their two stripes in the way that Adidas have their three, but they're all over the shop with it. Is this a 'V' neck then or a crew neck?

Meanwhile, Huddersfield Town have unveiled their new clobber for next season.

bju1.jpg

They've made the switch to Puma, which means that (assuming rumours that Nottingham Forest are moving to Adidas are correct) there will be no teams amongst the 92 wearing Umbro kits next season.

That Puma collar really is awful. It would be bad enough for one team, but to make a template out of it...

I actually quite like it with the Huddersfield kit, maybe it works with the stripes better than a plain shirt?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Those last 2 posts really sum up two different sorts of soccer/football fans. RyanMcD portraying the type that wants to support the top level high quality team, almost irrespective of emotional link. Mockba shows the emotional link being the big thing type. And yes it can be cool supporting a lower tier, less good team (although Southampton have been top tier most of my life they have rarely squeezed into the top half of the top tier). It makes those rare few moments of success all the more sweet!

I know it can be fun to support the lower level team, but it's not like there's a promotion system like in Europe where I can see the Cosmos rise up to the top. I mean yes it could get fun in the US Open Cup, but otherwise you see where I'm going with this

That's understandable. Though plenty of people support small clubs with really little chances of success in England. (The average attendance in League 2 last season was 4,000.) I do get that American sports culture is a bit different though.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wow, the new jerseys of Lokomotiv! I love the grey and the home shirt, as they are my favourite club out of Russia.

REjILM0.jpg

The slight texture look on the grey shirt is incredible. The red is also fantastic (is it the GK?). Unfortunately though, the white shirt ruins an otherwise terrific look.

I actually quite like it with the Huddersfield kit, maybe it works with the stripes better than a plain shirt?

Burnley's recently unveiled home kit uses the same template, and puts claret and blue stripes on a white inner collar...

5p57.jpg

The problem being of course that the light blue doesn't always show up too well on the white, and on a casual glance it looks like there's just a single off-centre claret strip.

But those socks though. Just look at those beautiful socks...

Wow, the new jerseys of Lokomotiv! I love the grey and the home shirt, as they are my favourite club out of Russia.

REjILM0.jpg

The slight texture look on the grey shirt is incredible. The red is also fantastic (is it the GK?). Unfortunately though, the white shirt ruins an otherwise terrific look.

The red shirt is the home kit.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

REjILM0.jpg

The gray reminds me of

usa-94-away.jpg

this beauty which I love. Would anybody know how to make that pattern in photoshop perchance?

If you're thinking you can't enjoy being a supporter of a second-division club, you're missing out on a ton.

This part needs repeating. The NASL is a fun league to watch and not supporting a club in that league because it's not top tier is a disservice to yourself.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived