2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Packers should definitely go after Cullen Jenkins, try and replace what we were missing when he left.

If the Eagles didn't even want him, I think it's safe to say he's not the same player he was as a Packer.

Probably right, but he was healthy for the two seasons he was in Philly and it's safe to say all the players Philly brought in two years ago, aren't the same anymore.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He played well for most of 2011, but faded toward the end. He had to restructure his deal to stay with the team for 2012, and he wasn't much of a factor. Also, they're going to a 3-4 and I guess didn't see a spot for him there. Of the guys they brought in, he was the only one with genuine leadership qualities, but they're trying to get younger.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think a fairer comparison would be US teens talking rugby. Cricket is more analogous to baseball.

So this happened today:

Official time wound up a 4.42. But that had to hurt.

Anyone else watch the "underwear olympics"?

I watched most of it, and tried to mute all the Ta'o talk. He looked incredibly uninspired running the 40.

I was most impressed by the wideouts though. Some insane times (including Aggie Ryan Swope). I wouldn't mind Dallas taking Swope, he was a stellar receiver at a&m.

However, please for the love of all things holy, Dallas, take a guard or center at 18

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

So this happened today:

Official time wound up a 4.42. But that had to hurt.

Anyone else watch the "underwear olympics"?

I watched most of it, and tried to mute all the Ta'o talk. He looked incredibly uninspired running the 40.

I was most impressed by the wideouts though. Some insane times (including Aggie Ryan Swope). I wouldn't mind Dallas taking Swope, he was a stellar receiver at a&m.

However, please for the love of all things holy, Dallas, take a guard or center at 18

Agreed. Our o-line is terrible.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It's really everyone's quarterbacks. Trent Green, Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Ron Jaworski, Warren Moon, have I forgotten anyone else (other than the big one)?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's really everyone's quarterbacks. Trent Green, Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Ron Jaworski, Warren Moon, have I forgotten anyone else (other than the big one)?

There was also Rich Gannon and Dave Krieg.

To be fair though Moon and Jaworski were not brought in to be starters so I wouldn't put them on this list. But the point still remains that the Chiefs have had a ton of retreads at QB. Even stranger is that's where they've had the most success.

I don't think the Chiefs have ever successfully drafted and developed a starting quarterback in the 50+ year history of the franchise.

Look at all the retreads they've had at coach, too: Herman Edwards, Marty Schottenheimer, Dick Vermeil, Romeo Crennel, and Andy Reid. This is a very risk-averse franchise.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Look at all the retreads they've had at coach, too: Herman Edwards, Marty Schottenheimer, Dick Vermeil, Romeo Crennel, and Andy Reid. This is a very risk-averse franchise.

I can't say I really blame them though. Anytime they've taken a chance on somebody new John Mackovic, Todd Haley, Marv Levy, its been a disaster. Hank Stram is the only guy who took his first NFL head coaching job with the Chiefs and actually was able to have sustained success there.

Crazy how Smith has to, in a sense, start all over again. Began in San Francisco, a team with potential, but no good coaches. Finally, they get Harbaugh, they succeed, he's suffers a concussion & is benched for the rest of the season. Then he gets traded to Kansas City, a team that, too, has potential, but no good coach (Reid's alright though). Deja vu for him, or at least that's how I see it.

Per Jay Glazer via twitter Alex Smith to the Chiefs for 2nd round picks this and next year and possibly more.

Shockingly terrible move for the Chiefs. They've tried this "trade for another team's backup" routine for decades now and it never worked. If Geno Smith goes to the Raiders or even the Chargers in the draft it's an even bigger failure on KC's part.

I don't think the Chiefs have ever successfully drafted and developed a starting quarterback in the 50+ year history of the franchise.

I'm pretty sure they haven't drafted a QB in the first round since Blackledge.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm pretty sure they haven't drafted a QB in the first round since Blackledge.

To add to that, the Chiefs haven't won a game with a quarterback they've drafted since Blackledge back in 1987.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived