The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you love the Sharks regular broadcasters, you're in for a treat for the Detroit-Los Angeles game on NBC-SN.....

I laugh at the fact that NBC (and CBC with Jim Hughson when it's vs. the Canucks) sends anti-Kings commentators, from Dave Strader to Emrick (Devils homer) to now this guy tonight.

4 goals against the Predators? Might as well just send everyone home now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Breaking news: apparently the Kings have the up-to-the-second latest realignment drafts from the league:

http://kings.nhl.com...s.htm?id=657773

That was pretty funny. I can't wait for the Don Cherry conference!

Uh, what's with the Dallas and Los Angeles logos?

Realignment_4_Relocation-01-imp.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's from a Kings fan site, and the Sac Kings logo is supposed to be a joke. A few media outlets have used the Sacramento Kings logo instead of an LA one, when talking about the LA team.

It's all satire. It's from the "Royal Half" blog; they claim to have intercepted the map from NHL headquarters. So according to the blog, the league is stupid to recognize the wrong Kings logo, St. Louis was a Gretzky influence (even though by the time they got him, he was a rusty washout), and the Bruins are not in Cherry's division (despite him coaching them in the 1970s).

And yes, the LA media is notoriously stupid for them botching Kings (and generally hockey) reports, especially FOX-11.

==================================

cw0Kl4a.png

36351d1352046046-issue-i-have-been-meaning-address-kelso-burn.jpg

Still don't get the Dallas logo.

It looks like a stars logo that's been fashioned into a handicapped parking symbol.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Normally I'm on board with the Kings' social media team. It's cool to see a team being accessible, having a sense of humor, playing around with other teams, but last night they went a step too far.

The Blue Jackets held a charity even last night for pediatric cancer where the players and their wives walk a fashion show runway with sick children and kids who beat cancer. It raised $300,000. The CBJ instagram account posted a picture of Brandon Dubinsky and his wife and a 4 year old cancer survivor to which the official instagram account of the LA Kings responded "#LOLumbus".

Wasn't the appropriate time or place.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That was a dick move, hopefully that employee was dealt with. Since the season started I've found the LA Kings twitter to be quite annoying, a couple jokes are funny, others are just straight up stupid.

Also, this.

Didn't even hear from the NHL offices, granted Stajan wasn't hurt on the play. But Charlie Coyle is running around thinking he can do whatever the hell he wants, did it last Saturday and did it on Tuesday.

coyle.gif

Top corner. Clearly and elbow to the head, a very late one.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived