The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I'm hearing, Feaster wanted Boston's offer, but Iginla chose Pittsburgh? If that's the case, Jarome, then why even add Boston to your "list"? Not sure yet if the inevitable boo-birds among the Garden Faithful will be justified.

I actually feel bad for Feaster. This will most likely go down as the Flames getting nothing in exchange for Iginla and history will ignore Iggy choosing Pittsburgh and lay blame on Feaster for making the deal.

I hope the Bruins can go out and get Marty St. Louis now, if he's available. Would be a perfect fit for the team and the city.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The worst part is that Iginla is one of my favorite players of all time and I won't even be able to enjoy watching him win a cup because it'll be tained by the most annoying sports fans in America.

He didn't go to Detroit.

I've been to probably 20 Red Wings games at Nationwide Arena and I've been to 3 Penguins games at Nationwide Arena (one pre-Sid and two post-sid). In the latter two games the Penguins fans proved far and away to be leagues above Red Wings fans in terms of obnoxiousness and douchebaggery.

Actually, I've seen every team in the NHL (plus the Thrashers) and no visiting fanbase comes close to the Pittsburgh fans in obnoxiousness and douchebaggery. It's almost impressive.

PvO6ZWJ.png

From what I'm hearing, Feaster wanted Boston's offer, but Iginla chose Pittsburgh? If that's the case, Jarome, then why even add Boston to your "list"? Not sure yet if the inevitable boo-birds among the Garden Faithful will be justified.

I actually feel bad for Feaster. This will most likely go down as the Flames getting nothing in exchange for Iginla and history will ignore Iggy choosing Pittsburgh and lay blame on Feaster for making the deal.

I hope the Bruins can go out and get Marty St. Louis now, if he's available. Would be a perfect fit for the team and the city.

That list may have been made before the Murray and Morrow deals.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Now that we know why those 2 big free agents signed with Pittsburgh, i guess it's time for people to bring out their "Anyone but the Penguins" signs.

I'm on neither side at the moment. Jarome is a class act, and I would really like to see him win a cup.

Doubtful, considering the Flames continued to negotiate with the Bruins last night.

what the hell is ccslc?

Doubtful, considering the Flames continued to negotiate with the Bruins last night.

Maybe Feaster thought that if he could show Iginla that Boston was offering far and away the best offer that it may sway his opinion?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

This is hockey the Penguins are loaded and they will choke, mark my words.

They don't even have Malkin back yet, and Letang's on IR. I mean, geez, if hockey makes a team with that much talent crash out in the playoffs, then I give up. As much as I like them, I don't want the mediocre fricken' Rangers ousting that team in the playoffs. Iginla deserves a Cup, and I'll be able to root for him in the Final this time, should the Pens get there. ;)

Oh, and hands off Martin St. Louis, Boston fans. That one not only gets an immediate filing in the "players in wrong uniform" department, but I would be miserable to not be able to cheer an all-time favorite player in his quest for another Cup.

spacer.png

The worst part is that Iginla is one of my favorite players of all time and I won't even be able to enjoy watching him win a cup because it'll be tained by the most annoying sports fans in America.

He didn't go to Detroit.

I've been to probably 20 Red Wings games at Nationwide Arena and I've been to 3 Penguins games at Nationwide Arena (one pre-Sid and two post-sid). In the latter two games the Penguins fans proved far and away to be leagues above Red Wings fans in terms of obnoxiousness and douchebaggery.

Actually, I've seen every team in the NHL (plus the Thrashers) and no visiting fanbase comes close to the Pittsburgh fans in obnoxiousness and douchebaggery. It's almost impressive.

Come on, Montreal and Philly alone immediately come to mind as far worse (granted, from my experience, the latter example stems from a rivalry. I have never, however, sat near a Montreal fan without wanting to cause them physical harm by the end of the game.).

Also, as I always say, Yinzers are terrible ambassadors not representative of the vast majority of the Pittsburgh fan base. However, as someone who's been to both home and away games, I see that unfortunately they make up most of our traveling fans.

oBIgzrL.png

He didn't go to Detroit.

Come on, Montreal and Philly alone immediately come to mind as far worse (granted, from my experience, the latter example stems from a rivalry. I have never, however, sat near a Montreal fan without wanting to cause them physical harm by the end of the game.).

Also, as I always say, Yinzers are terrible ambassadors not representative of the vast majority of the Pittsburgh fan base. However, as someone who's been to both home and away games, I see that unfortunately they make up most of our traveling fans.

And that's really who I'm talking about, but they are apart of your fanbase and they wear knockoff baby blue Penguins jerseys so you're getting lumped in. Sorry.

IIRC you were also there the night the Penguins won 7-2 in Columbus and it was obscene. Only time I've wanted to leave a game early and it had nothing to do with the score. The behavior of the Penguins fans that night was embarrassing. I'm sure you agree. Terrible towels at a hockey game? Come on.

The Montreal and Philadelphia fans I've encountered in Columbus have been delights. That might change with the move East, however. The only other fanbase who's caused me the same feeling of intense physical rage were a swath of Buffalo fans sometime around 2006 or 2007.

PvO6ZWJ.png

He didn't go to Detroit.

And that's really who I'm talking about, but they are apart of your fanbase and they wear knockoff baby blue Penguins jerseys so you're getting lumped in. Sorry.

IIRC you were also there the night the Penguins won 7-2 in Columbus and it was obscene. Only time I've wanted to leave a game early and it had nothing to do with the score. The behavior of the Penguins fans that night was embarrassing. I'm sure you agree. Terrible towels at a hockey game? Come on.

The Montreal and Philadelphia fans I've encountered in Columbus have been delights. That might change with the move East, however. The only other fanbase who's caused me the same feeling of intense physical rage were a swath of Buffalo fans sometime around 2006 or 2007.

Buffalo fans are awful hosts as well. I was mooned and had things thrown in my direction (granted, at the Winter Classic), and another time I had an old man dance right in my friend's face after every goal and a school bus of fans heckling us the entire time we walked back to the car and prepared for the ride home... the Sabres won this game 6-2, the win that started their tear into (almost getting) the last playoff spot last year.

And yeah, I was at that game. Basically, we got the hell out of there as fast as we could. All three times I've been to Nationwide the people there have been splendid, it was ridiculous. Could be the basis of a good rivalry starting next year, though.

oBIgzrL.png

something to ponder. Remember way back when Dallas traded Iginla to the flames for Nieuwendyk? I wonder if the Stars never pulled the trade and kept iginla, if they would have won the cup?

Probably the best pure hockey trade in the history of the NHL.

After a night of taking it all in, I'm glad they have decided to move forward as tough as it is. I can't compare this to anything else in Sports, everyone says Bourque, but Boston had other sports to get over it. This is all we got here, yesterday was tough not seeing him on the ice in like 445 games or something crazy like that and watching this team night in and night out albeit already tough, is going to be tougher, but it had to be done. All I know is this city is just a wee bit sadder today and it's going to be for a while longer.

Take care of him Steeltown, you're getting one of the best. Get him a Cup!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

LOL, I despise Pittsburgh fans of any sort (Pit fans feel free to return the feelings). I even encountered two of them at the hospital the night my daughter was born. I had to hear about each and everytime they beat up on the Bengals (because I had a Bengals hat on). Fun to say, it was funny when I brought up baseball haha.

One thing that is for certain in Calgary:

Today, is the dawning of a New Era.

(oh, and the namesake poster will enjoy this, in the masochistic/sadistic realm).

He says things, the media doesn't want to. We're allowed to be pissed Iginla gave us 16 years and we failed to do a thing with it, had we won the Cup in 2004. The makeup of this franchise is far different and we're probably not trading Jarome on March 27th, 2013.

It is the end of an era, especially if the rumors are true and Kiprusoff retires at the end of the year. It needed to be down, but I really don't want this management heading a rebuild. You got Robyn Regehr out of the Theo deal, you got nothing for Robyn Regehr, it's hard to say what the return will amount to for Iginla. Since Al Coates left we've had Craig Button, Darryl Sutter and Jay Feaster all awful General Manager's but Ken King is the one constant in this, he doesn't know hockey and Murray Edwards should wake up now, we just lost the best player the team ever had and yeah Feaster was probably handcuffed as we could have had Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and a First from LA two years ago, but being within 2 points of 8th was better than nothing.

I hate that it had to come to this, but it had to be done.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Peter Chiarelli just had a press conference and didn't hold back any details about the situation.

I was assured that we were one of the teams he'd go to if we agreed to a trade. We were informed at noon yesterday we had the player. Then they went to Iginla's agent...

We were told at noon yesterday that we'd won the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes."

Apparently, the Flames stop returning the Bruins' phone calls after 5 PM.

what the hell is ccslc?

LOL, I despise Pittsburgh fans of any sort (Pit fans feel free to return the feelings). I even encountered two of them at the hospital the night my daughter was born. I had to hear about each and everytime they beat up on the Bengals (because I had a Bengals hat on). Fun to say, it was funny when I brought up baseball haha.

They are as obnoxious as they come. But bring up baseball or basketball and they get pretty darn quiet.

Archived