The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Peter Chiarelli just had a press conference and didn't hold back any details about the situation.

I was assured that we were one of the teams he'd go to if we agreed to a trade. We were informed at noon yesterday we had the player. Then they went to Iginla's agent...

We were told at noon yesterday that we'd won the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes."

Apparently, the Flames stop returning the Bruins' phone calls after 5 PM.

The entire time it was in Jarome's court. They went to him in February and asked if he would entertain a trade. He wanted the best for both parties, I don't know if Boston's was a conditional first, obviously I would take the first this year all the time.

All along Iggy wanted to be in Pittsburgh.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston's a marquee team. With a jack**** of an owner. I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for them here.

I have to wonder if that's part of the reason Morrow and Iginla turned down Boston for Pittsburgh.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Boston's a marquee team. With a jack**** of an owner. I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for them here.

jacobs1.jpg?w=217&h=300

He deserves a troll-face.

Damnit, all out of Likes for the day :D

I have to wonder if that's part of the reason Morrow and Iginla turned down Boston for Pittsburgh.

You have to wonder. It's no secret that Jacobs was the hardliner on the owners' side during the lockout. He'd have to be either stupid or arrogant to think that wouldn't bite him in the ass somehow.

Absolutely thrilled to have Iggy on the team - Ray Shero is a damned wizard.

Next few games will be interesting. Iginla came to play with Crosby, but I almost wonder if they'll flip Neal and try him out on Malkin's line first. Geno might enjoy being flanked by two players who were acquired with Crosby in mind, and it seems almost idiotic to break up Dupuis-Crosby-Kunitz at this point.

Now it's a question of who would be the toughest match-up in a seven game series. Boston and Montreal are obvious answers, but I don't know that I'd want to see New Jersey with a healthy Brodeur in the first round.

LOL, I despise Pittsburgh fans of any sort (Pit fans feel free to return the feelings). I even encountered two of them at the hospital the night my daughter was born. I had to hear about each and everytime they beat up on the Bengals (because I had a Bengals hat on). Fun to say, it was funny when I brought up baseball haha.

They are as obnoxious as they come. But bring up baseball or basketball and they get pretty darn quiet.

You know, it's funny, because Ohio fans are pretty obnoxious themselves. The difference? Bring up any sport and they get quiet.

It's called a rivalry, guys. We get just as many people like that from your side as you do from us.

..... oh, what's the use. Don't get yourself into a hole, Chris.

Anyway, FWiW Boston still scares me, especially with all this attached to it. Montreal, too.And especially Jersey. The Penguins can never beat Brodeur when he's hot, no matter how skilled their roster has been. Hell, even Toronto. They match up well against the Pens and VanRiemsdyk is a proven Penguin killer. My main fear before all of this when it was just a rumor was Iginla's price tag, but I still see this potentially blowing up in Shero/everyone's face. I'll just chalk that up to cautious optimism. Frankly, all of this means nothing if Fleury isn't healthy.

And if anyone is really that pissed about this, he'll be on the market again in a few months. Glorified rental. See also: Marian Hossa.

oBIgzrL.png

The worst part is that Iginla is one of my favorite players of all time and I won't even be able to enjoy watching him win a cup because it'll be tained by the most annoying sports fans in America.

Yes they are obnoxious, but I can name you at least ten other fan bases more annoying than the Penguins'.

THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE

My nightmare would be Iggy winning a Cup with the Sharks (or the Sharks winning the Cup to begin with). So a big sigh of relief there.

How boring does this now make the thought of a Ducks vs Penguins final? On a uniform basis.

Absolutely thrilled to have Iggy on the team - Ray Shero is a damned wizard.

Next few games will be interesting. Iginla came to play with Crosby, but I almost wonder if they'll flip Neal and try him out on Malkin's line first. Geno might enjoy being flanked by two players who were acquired with Crosby in mind, and it seems almost idiotic to break up Dupuis-Crosby-Kunitz at this point.

Now it's a question of who would be the toughest match-up in a seven game series. Boston and Montreal are obvious answers, but I don't know that I'd want to see New Jersey with a healthy Brodeur in the first round.

I think the following is by far the best way to work the 3 top lines and ideal for the post-season.

Kunitz Crosby Dupuis

Neal Malkin Kennedy/Cooke

Morrow Sutter Iginla

untitled-6.jpg

BGeFjbXCYAA90ZG.jpg

Do you know how I know that's not legit? Because that's the old Bruins logo. :P

False, it's the old Bruing logo.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

My gift to you all...

pentroll_zps927ea49f.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

BGeFjbXCYAA90ZG.jpg

Do you know how I know that's not legit? Because that's the old Bruins logo. :P

The Bruing are so mad, their logo Hulk-ed out and exploded out of the parallelograms that contain the other two logos.

Archived