The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rymJtQS.jpg

For some odd reason every time I look at this, I can here the NWO theme music in my head.

Ha, exactly. I popped on the black and white theme while I composed that altered Hogan quote.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love having an owner who's passionate about hockey and the team, and is smart enough to hire hockey people to run the day-to-day operations, but it's hard not to roll my eyes when I read something like this: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/melnyk/. Melnyk seems to be the last person left in the Matt Cooke witch hunt. Considering how well the team is playing it's really stupid to bring this back to the forefront. No matter what happens Karlsson will not play this season so it's best to just get over it and move on. Be happy with the fact that a lot of the young core players (Turris, Silfverberg, Zibanejad) will likely be getting some valuable playoff experience this year and the team will be ready to contend in the next couple of years.

rymJtQS.jpg

For some odd reason every time I look at this, I can here the NWO theme music in my head.

Ha, exactly. I popped on the black and white theme while I composed that altered Hogan quote.

"If it wasn't for Jerome Iginla, you people (Calgary fans) wouldn't be here."

"If it wasn't for Jerome Iginla, Darryl Sutter would be selling meat from a truck in Minneapolis."

One thing I have always wondered... Why is it always so damn dark at the Rexall Place?

I've heard they keep the lights low to keep from melting the ice too much. The Hawks keep the United Center dark, but only in the seats, and that's more a stylistic choice than anything related to the ice, because our ice is slush.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, I don't see how that one equaled a distinct kicking motion. Of course, Anisimov made sure one counted shortly thereafter, and then double of course, Nail Yakupov reminded Jackets fans why they should be bitter about the draft lottery about 30 seconds later.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Now you guys know what I deal with on a daily basis. The game tonight felt like a funeral, with a few Iggy chants.

Go win, bud. Forever a Flame.

At least you got something in return for him. :(

(Sundin Saga reference, ICYMI. I feel your pain. Don't tune into Pens games and see him skating around in a Pittsburgh uniform. You'll regret it.)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm so happy that the Maple Leafs are probably going to make the playoffs this year. It's been too long. Hockey is a better place when the Leafs are good. A Jets-Leafs series will be something special.

Isles coming on strong, too! You can do it, li'l guys! You're almost there! We're all pullin' for you (except Rags and Devils fans)! Between Winnipeg, Nassau, and Playoff Toronto, we could have some rockin' barns this spring.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the Isles make the postseason, it's gonna look like a Winter Classic in Uniondale. Those fans will shake the asbestos outta that crypt.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Without knowing who the draft pick will be and how they'll turn out we can't really evaluate the trade from a Flames' perspective.

Way back wen the Flames traded two Kent Nilsson for two draft picks--one of thos wound up being Joe Nieuwendyk--so that trade worked out real well.

Then when the Flames traded Nieuwy, par of the tarde was Iginla.

So the trade keeps giving--so yes-from a Flames perspective this could wind up as a trade with little or no return, or it could be an incredible return.

Chances are it will be somewhere in between--but if either of the prospects or the draft pick ends up being a solid 1st or 2nd line forward or top 4 defenseman (Or starting golatender) or ends up being traded for one--it will be a win.

But as for Iggy--I know who I will be cheering for in the playoffs--unless the very unlikely happens and the Flames make the finals...

For this spring at least, I am a Pens' fan.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Rule 614 was in full effect on that Matt Calvert no-goal. Complete bull :censored: to the highest degree. If a man getting thrown into the opposing net while looking at the rafters can intentionally kick a puck then I want to meet that man so we can make him king of Earth. Ultimately it didn't matter, but I'm so tired of getting the run-around from the war room. Someone in there doesn't like Columbus because that's a goal if the same thing happens to Pittsburgh. Boston, Montreal, Toronto etc.

As for that third period - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who scores first to break a tie and then gives up three goals? That period dropped them from 9th to 13th. It's over.

Remember when I said we'd learn very quickly on this road trip if the Blue Jackets were for real? We know the answer and it's not good.

*smashes nearest lamp*

edit: here's video of some bull$h!t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BqXJ1dDDgQ

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm so happy that the Maple Leafs are probably going to make the playoffs this year. It's been too long. Hockey is a better place when the Leafs are good. A Jets-Leafs series will be something special.

Isles coming on strong, too! You can do it, li'l guys! You're almost there! We're all pullin' for you (except Rags and Devils fans)! Between Winnipeg, Nassau, and Playoff Toronto, we could have some rockin' barns this spring.

It's pretty exciting :) This season has been something special. When it started I thought the best thing for this team would be to tank for the draft, because I couldn't see them competing for a playoff spot. It feels incredible knowing they actually have a very real shot.

Winnipeg-Toronto would be fantastic, and it would be the closest thing I'd get to my mythical Midwestern-division-that-includes-Toronto, so here's hoping.

Archived