The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are we doing. :/

Going For It!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What are we doing. :/

Going For It!

It was a nice send off for Kipper.

Seriously though, four games left and I highly doubt Nashville, Carolina and Colorado are gonna go for it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nashville was Going For It against the Hawks tonight, though at least half of that was Crawford and crappy dumbass Brookbank trying to help them. I wouldn't sleep on them winning some games to finish it out. They're that kind of organization. This is hockey! We must fetishize "effort" at every turn!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nashville was Going For It™ against the Hawks tonight, though at least half of that was Crawford and crappy dumbass Brookbank trying to help them. I wouldn't sleep on them winning some games to finish it out. They're that kind of organization. This is hockey! We must fetishize "effort" at every turn!

Careful - Crappy Dumbass Brookbank wasn't given it's proper attribution.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Double checking, but if the Sharks and Anaheim both get 63 points, then would it come down to head to head(SJ 3-2) as the first tiebreaker. If the Ducks play like they did tonight, then the Sharks just might pull it off. (Yes, I know the Kings can as well)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Double checking, but if the Sharks and Anaheim both get 63 points, then would it come down to head to head(SJ 3-2) as the first tiebreaker. If the Ducks play like they did tonight, then the Sharks just might pull it off. (Yes, I know the Kings can as well)

Incorrect.

First tiebreaker is regulation/overtime wins. (Which right now is 21-16 Ducks with 4 games left for both teams.) So no go for the Sharks.

Not that it matters. I can't wait for the Ducks first round loss. Pathetic.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's not foolproof. Among the Hawks' picks in the first half of the first round are Cam Barker (mercifully on his way out of the NHL), Jack Skille (career 4th line wing), and Kyle Beach (never made it up). It's more about drafting well and often, not just high, and then getting top players on ELCs to perform above market value. Worked for the Ducks, when Ryan Getzlaf (#19) and Corey Perry (#28) were major contributors in just their second seasons.

The Penguins had the best tankjob of anyone, though. Fleury, Malkin, Crosby, J. Staal. That's one way to do it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Mario was a tank job, the mid-2000 Penguins simply really were that bad

The mid-2000 Penguins were unable to afford anyone because they were in financial hell.

And they were also exceptionally lucky to draft Sidney Crosby. Theoretically, anyone could've landed that draft pick (though the Penguins had better odds than most teams with the weighing system in place that year).

spacer.png

He was taken hostage he was held aboard a British Ship and not allowed to leave during the bombing of the fort

No, he wasn't, he was onboard the ship to help negotiate the release of hostages. And then we won the battle.

Yes, and he was held against his will. The Brits wouldn't let him leave because he knew of their attack plans. I think Tank meant "held captive".

Yeah, I'd say that's definitely fair. "Taken hostage" infers some level of, well, him not voluntarily entering the ship.

/Thanks, St. Louis!

6fQjS3M.png

I believe wins without shootout is the 1st tie breaker.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Hopefully NHL Network doesn't eff up this Bruins/Pens broadcast. I'd like to get a feel of the atmosphere.

Appearantly GCL has this game blacked out. Blacking out a game because it's being aired nationally on a PREMIUM channel. OITGDNHL

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Hopefully NHL Network doesn't eff up this Bruins/Pens broadcast. I'd like to get a feel of the atmosphere.

Appearantly GCL has this game blacked out. Blacking out a game because it's being aired nationally on a PREMIUM channel. OITGDNHL

What's more American than that?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived