The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Can't imagine why Bobby Ryan would go for some sick, undress-all-defenceman move against Nashville.

Or if you prefer Gord Miller:

Yes, I know the Predators ended up winning that game.

In overtime? Just go to the net. Don't make the pretty play, just make the play that puts the puck in the net. He looked so adamant on dekeing that he FU**ED himself and created a 3 on 2 the other way.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's something about the use of the singular there that's so disconcerting.

I just watched Ullstrom ding the crossbar on a penalty shot and oh my heart just sank like a rock for the poor guy. It was perpendicular to the goal line and bounced juuust the wrong way. I guess the same thing happened to Tavares a few days ago. Hard-luck team in every sense.

They've been a lot of fun to watch this year. Even during their traditional losing streak they had some exciting games.

Because he misses his boys in Blue, that used to play in the ATL. Like it's Canada's fault those guys don't play in Georgia no more.

Did I say it was? No. Let's drop this. Was just stating an opinion, but I guess I'm not allowed to do so.

You're allowed. It's just that if you don't want to be called out for doing so it helps if your opinions make sense.

Can't imagine why Bobby Ryan would go for some sick, undress-all-defenceman move against Nashville.

Or if you prefer Gord Miller:

Yes, I know the Predators ended up winning that game.

In overtime? Just go to the net. Don't make the pretty play, just make the play that puts the puck in the net. He looked so adamant on dekeing that he FU**ED himself and created a 3 on 2 the other way.

To quote the Admiral.... "You're not smart". What, did you want him to take a low percentage shot from outside the circles? He tried to use his skill, to create a higher percentage scoring chance. Bobby Ryan is not a Nashville Predator, he actually has some offensive skill, and he tried to use it.

Like, I hope your mind doesn't have to put on a windbreaker after the way I'm about to blow it, but Montreal is located in the province of Quebec, where French is the principal language, and indeed, one of Canada's two (2) official languages, and as such the national anthem was written with/avec lyrics in English and French. As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, the French lyrics precede the English lyrics!

I know New Orleans is the French state, but

Yes, i'm well aware..........

Then what's the problem with the Canadiens having the anthem done in French? I just don't get why you think it's a big deal.

My problem is with how they butcher the anthem by splitting it half-English half-French. Do it in one language or the other, not both.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Like, I hope your mind doesn't have to put on a windbreaker after the way I'm about to blow it, but Montreal is located in the province of Quebec, where French is the principal language, and indeed, one of Canada's two (2) official languages, and as such the national anthem was written with/avec lyrics in English and French. As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, the French lyrics precede the English lyrics!

I know New Orleans is the French state, but

Yes, i'm well aware..........

Then what's the problem with the Canadiens having the anthem done in French? I just don't get why you think it's a big deal.

My problem is with how they butcher the anthem by splitting it half-English half-French. Do it in one language or the other, not both.

How dare they be inclusive!

1zqy8ok.gif

Is there any reason not to give a penalty to a goalie who knocks the net off the moorings when it hasn't been touched by any other player on either team? Delay of game? It seems like the "punishment" of just having a faceoff in your zone would be well worth it in many circumstances.

He needs a better supporting cast. Nielsen, Moulson, and Grabner are nice and all, but maybe just two more good pieces.

Hey, what's up with David Clarkson having ten goals already? Is he making plays or just picking up garbage?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Clarkson does get a lot of rebound goals but he has become a very good forward.

As for Tavares he is pretty much stranded but they start getting pieces they can be dangerous

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

When the Habs come to your city, what language is it sung in? It's been in French the two times I've seen them play the Kings.

Leo Welsh (LEOOO!) sings it in French and English when the Canadiens and Senators are in Columbus and he nails it every time. Best anthem singer that nobody knows about. Way better than the fist-pumping guy from Boston, at least.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Ducks are for real, huh.

Yeah right?

I mean as a Ducks fan, I thought they were going to be better than last season. Maybe a 6th seed at best, but this start and style of play have been unbelievable.

And for the most part, they've done it without Getzlaf, Perry or Ryan carrying the load like in the past. Getzlaf and Ryan have started to come on, and Perry's been nails in the shoot out, so I can only hope that spurs him on. The supporting cast, young players, defense as a whole, and Viktor :censored: ign Fasth have all stepped up huge.

And RE: Bobby Ryan, my one lament with him has always been that while he is a big guy with all the tools, he's never really played like a big guy. He's always been more finesse, but the thing is, it works for him. Yes, it can be frustrating when he doesn't just be big, fend off a dude, and take it to the hole, but he makes up for it.

And yeah, Ryan, Perry, and Getzlaf together were beasts on the boards and on the cycle, but it kept Bobby bogged up on the sides. He is so much better in open space and he's really starting to flourish with all the space at center now and Teemu on his wing.

Also the Ducks reward for a 5-1, two week road trip? Teemu's Finnish GM buddy and the Beej at home on Monday with a five day break after.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Huh, at last in an NHL on NBC doubleheader (though rare), Doc and the top broadcasting team isn't calling the Pittsburgh/Crosby game but covering the latter matchup. I guess the NBC folks now understand the seriousness the 'Hawks are in their furious start, and that not every American hockey audience is a Pens fan.

And second, does anyone actually care for the whole "Hockey Day in America" gimmick? Or is it just a whole appreciation day sort of thing for the casual fan?

And second, does anyone actually care for the whole "Hockey Day in America" gimmick? Or is it just a whole appreciation day sort of thing for the casual fan?

I don't like the name. It seems like everyone everywhere is ripping off the "Thing Time in Place" construct. How about a nod to the old days of ESPN coverage and call it National Hockey Day,

Dynasty In The Making just looks like a bunch of lumbering dopes. Not impressed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived