Baltimore Orioles

Chicago White Sox

Tennessee Smokies

Corpus Christi Hooks

Durham Bulls

Reno Aces

Buffalo Bisons

Auburn Doubledays

Plus all the BP hats that use it. Braves, Brewers, Nationals, White Sox, Marlins, Royals, Twins, Tigers, and Padres.

Really, only two of the entries on that list are nationally relevant.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

White Panel hats:

Baltimore Orioles

Chicago White Sox

Tennessee Smokies

Corpus Christi Hooks

Durham Bulls

Reno Aces

Buffalo Bisons

Auburn Doubledays

Plus all the BP hats that use it. Braves, Brewers, Nationals, White Sox, Marlins, Royals, Twins, Tigers, and Padres.

And one of them is a rarely worn throwback

I think the NFL should loosen numbering conventions slightly, and I think the NCAA should tighten theirs slightly. Perhaps they could be designed to compliment each other somehow. I think backs and receivers should be allowed to wear teens and single digits if they want to, and linebackers should be allowed numbers in the 40s. I remember the kerfuffle with Reggie Bush asking for #5 and being rejected. He's a running back.... nobody's going to confuse him with a tackle. Eventually it is going to be necessary anyway.... the Packers and other teams are already giving out single digits to receivers during preseason because they've run out of "proper" ones.

I'm in favor of keeping strict rules for guards, tackles, linebackers though. Obviously tackle-eligibility rules rely on these, so there's a place for them... but I don't see the harm in letting a wideout wear #6 instead of #16 if he wants to.

Conversely, I think in college it's too loose. I hate seeing a single digit number on a linebacker and #96 on a kicker.

Also, colleges should not be allowed to retire numbers, as there are often 100+ players on a roster and there should be as few duplicates as possible.

<p>

Baseball:

• Primaries should be white (home) and gray (road)
  • The helmet should match the cap. I suppose I can give a pass on stars/stripes day (but that's a whole other can of worms

YES. I hate seeing the Marlins wearing orange caps but black helmets. I know for a fact that the Marlins HAVE orange batting helmets.

The marlins shelved the orange helmets as it wasn't the right color-

I have the helmet on my shelf here at home- it's much darker If I remember correctly.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

White Panel hats:

Baltimore Orioles

Chicago White Sox

Tennessee Smokies

Corpus Christi Hooks

Durham Bulls

Reno Aces

Buffalo Bisons

Auburn Doubledays

Regardless if they are "nationally relevant" or not, it's still a saturation of the market.

jNTsTyQ.png

White Panel hats:

Baltimore Orioles

Chicago White Sox

Tennessee Smokies

Corpus Christi Hooks

Durham Bulls

Reno Aces

Buffalo Bisons

Auburn Doubledays

Regardless if they are "nationally relevant" or not, it's still a saturation of the market.

8 out of about 120 mlb+mil teams is nowhere near over saturation

White Panel hats:

Baltimore Orioles

Chicago White Sox

Tennessee Smokies

Corpus Christi Hooks

Durham Bulls

Reno Aces

Buffalo Bisons

Auburn Doubledays

For something as kitsch as a white panel hat, it is.

jNTsTyQ.png

White Panel hats:

Baltimore Orioles

Chicago White Sox

Tennessee Smokies

Corpus Christi Hooks

Durham Bulls

Reno Aces

Buffalo Bisons

Auburn Doubledays

I'm sure there are many more elements of a MLB uniform that have become over saturated compared to something used by only 8 teams in 4 leagues of baseball..

I generally agree about contrasting-panel caps being dumb. I also want to see sock/stirrup, damnit. But screw pullovers.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

White Panel hats:

Baltimore Orioles

Chicago White Sox

Tennessee Smokies

Corpus Christi Hooks

Durham Bulls

Reno Aces

Buffalo Bisons

Auburn Doubledays

I'm sure there are many more elements of a MLB uniform that have become over saturated compared to something used by only 8 teams in 4 leagues of baseball..

There definitely is. But most of those elements are standard practice, so they don't stick out like a sore thumb when they become over saturated. White panel hats are not a standard practice. So, when multiple teams adopt it, it loses its unique factor real quick.

It's much the same as tapered stripes on football pants.

jNTsTyQ.png

I think the NFL should loosen numbering conventions slightly, and I think the NCAA should tighten theirs slightly. Perhaps they could be designed to compliment each other somehow. I think backs and receivers should be allowed to wear teens and single digits if they want to, and linebackers should be allowed numbers in the 40s. I remember the kerfuffle with Reggie Bush asking for #5 and being rejected. He's a running back.... nobody's going to confuse him with a tackle. Eventually it is going to be necessary anyway.... the Packers and other teams are already giving out single digits to receivers during preseason because they've run out of "proper" ones.

I'm in favor of keeping strict rules for guards, tackles, linebackers though. Obviously tackle-eligibility rules rely on these, so there's a place for them... but I don't see the harm in letting a wideout wear #6 instead of #16 if he wants to.

Conversely, I think in college it's too loose. I hate seeing a single digit number on a linebacker and #96 on a kicker.

Also, colleges should not be allowed to retire numbers, as there are often 100+ players on a roster and there should be as few duplicates as possible.

I like the Canadian Football League's numbering restrictions. Not too strict, not too loose.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived