Your uniform-related beliefs

johnnysama

My big one is more times than not, even if you have really crappy uniforms, if the color of the helmet and the color of the pants match, It will look good. (doesn't always work if team goes monochrome, but even then it's not always terrible).

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even if you have really crappy uniforms

Take a second to think about this

That's exactly what I meant. Take this picture

yahoo_warrick_dunn.jpg

The Falcons' uniforms are not very good, at least in my opinion, and I think that opinion is pretty common, but with black pants, it actually doesn't look half bad.

I think home and road uniforms for football basketball and hockey should for the most part be photo negatives of Eachother. They should basically be a colored and white version of the same uniform with the same striping pattern. This creates a uniform (pun) brand. If you want to have a different word mark in basketball make sure it is in the same font. For baseball I would say there is a little leeway in design but I still think it should have a consistent overall look. Too many teams look like different teams at home and away.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

even if you have really crappy uniforms

Take a second to think about this

That's exactly what I meant. Take this picture

yahoo_warrick_dunn.jpg

The Falcons' uniforms are not very good, at least in my opinion, and I think that opinion is pretty common, but with black pants, it actually doesn't look half bad.

I think that looks terrible, regardless of the helmet and pants matching. Especially with the black socks, it makes them look like yoga pants.

Theres a belief of mine, in football the socks and pants should not be the same colour.

football:

unless they're both white, jerseys and pants should be different colors

this

11560055-mmmain.jpg

looks so much better than this

cards-05-11-allred-danielgluskoter-home-

for baseball and basketball, home jerseys should have the team's name and road jerseys should have the team's location, the only exceptions being uniforms like the yankees and tigers

the rangers are the worst culprit

rangers%2B2009%2Buniforms.jpg

For me: I've never been able to subscribe to a uniform rule of thumb/preference that I didn't have an exception for.

I like matching stripes but wouldn't touch the Colts or Auburn for example

I would agree with nickname-home/city-road as a rule of thumb but I wouldn't mess with the Cardinals or the several basketball teams that don't follow it.

I don't like sleeved basketball jerseys, but I think that's what Evansville should wear.

And as much as I hate slacks-style baseball pants, that's exactly how I think Paul Konerko should look.

I guess I'm just a nihilist.

I have a few...

General:

• I HATE the seemingly new trend of putting "Jr." or "III" on the NOB. "Jr." is not a part of your last name. Maybe it should be used to distinguish players with the same first initial / last name, but that's about it.
  • Alts should be alternate. Primaries should be worn at least 90% of the time

Baseball:

• Primaries should be white (home) and gray (road)
  • The helmet should match the cap. I suppose I can give a pass on stars/stripes day (but that's a whole other can of worms)

Hockey:

• I hates laces
  • I hate front numbers

Basketball:

• (rarely broken rule): Shorts and jersey should be same color

Football

• Pants and jerseys should not be same color (including white)
  • Gray facemasks only for teams with gray/silver in scheme
  • No numbers on helmets (maybe a pass to Alabama, but recent additions by Texas and Michigan bugged me...and thank you Chargers for resisting)
  • (Mostly a college issue) Helmet logos should be of minimal detail. I prefer letters (Oklahoma) or silhouettes (Iowa/Texas). Otherwise I can deal with less-detailed logos (Arizona Cardinals) but hate overly detailed logos (Fresno State) and NEVER should there be a logo on top of a wordmark on a helmet (Boise State)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Those partaking in association football should:

• Only wear black boots.
  • Not have their socks pulled up over their knees in the manner of a Tokyo teenage lass.
  • Not wear gloves.

I'll let goalkeepers off that last one, let it not be said that I'm anything other than reasonable.

<p>

I have a few...

Hockey:

[*]I hates laces

Wait... How are we supposed to keep our skates from falling off? ;)

I kid, I kid.

:D Of course, he was referring to laces on the jerseys. Those I can do without as well, personally.

UBwef0L.png

My biggest belief is that teams should stand out. Our big four leagues have 32 or less teams. How hard is it to create a unique uniform. I understand there will be some color overlap, but enough with the damn navy blue already.

Well, just look at this board. Anything out of the box is guaranteed to draw up some hate, regardless of whether or not the design is decent.

My biggest belief is that teams should stand out. Our big four leagues have 32 or less teams. How hard is it to create a unique uniform. I understand there will be some color overlap, but enough with the damn navy blue already.

+1 - Yes, all teams should have some sort of creativity- don't be afraid to push the envelope in design!

UBwef0L.png

Well, just look at this board. Anything out of the box is guaranteed to draw up some hate, regardless of whether or not the design is decent.

Oh, now that's just not true ;)

Archived