Possibly the Greatest Buzzer Beater You'll Ever See

cameroncrazie07

When I first clicked on the thread I thought "Nothing can beat the one with the kid who shot it from his back and in..."

Well, it turns out I was wrong.

The Blake Hoffarber shot?

The kid that played at Minny? Then that's the one. It had the best combination of stakes, bizarreness, and actually "beating the buzzer" that I had seen.... up until today.

Not really sure how you can say the ball is gone in time. Stop the video at :30. But anyways still an amazing play.

Because they twice freeze it at a point where the clock still says .1 and the ball is no longer touching his hands?

Can't remember who or when (other than a looooong time ago), only what, and to me it's still the best buzzer-beater ever. A guy was very near his own end and just flung the ball the length of the court as he fell out of bounds. In it went.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Not really sure how you can say the ball is gone in time. Stop the video at :30. But anyways still an amazing play.

Because they twice freeze it at a point where the clock still says .1 and the ball is no longer touching his hands?

Yeah because they twice freeze it at a point where the clock still says .1 and the ball is no longer touching his hands.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah because they twice freeze it at a point where the clock still says .1 and the ball is no longer touching his hands.

Pretty much. Anyone arguing the ball wasn't off in time is just being argumentative. The replays clearly show the ball was off with time on the clock.

"New Rochelle", the high school of Ray Rice, no less, is just begging for a Seinfeld joke.

Alas, I cannot deliver it!

A young woman's exotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I just loved the ref ducking for cover as he runs off the court @ 0:36

That's the same thing I thought...and it instantly reminded me of that NFL game in Cleveland against the Jaguars where the refs basically had to book it for their lives amidst the onslaught of bottles and batteries (?) and whatnot.

Clevejacked?

Clevejacked is gaining some serious ground on "Today we are all..." as the most played out CCSLC meme.

Alright - I'll take the rain of boos on this one. "Today, we were all Clevejacked..." Sweet shot, though.

The kid who intercepted the inbounds pass has got to be kicking himself right now. He doesn't even need to dribble. If he just stands there holding the ball for 1 second then they win whatever championship this was for.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's the same thing I thought...and it instantly reminded me of that NFL game in Cleveland against the Jaguars where the refs basically had to book it for their lives amidst the onslaught of bottles and batteries (?) and whatnot.

Rare is the occasion where I defend the idiots that make up 90% of my fellow Browns fans, but that officiating crew had it coming. B)

Clevejacked?

Right, because any mention of Cleveland whatsoever means a thread has been "Clevejacked." Why not nominate it for a POTD while you're at it? :rolleyes:

On topic: they clearly got the shot off in time. And...McCarthy makes a great point; the kid who intercepted the inbound pass should have just stood there.

BB52Big.jpg

It was a neat shot, but for historical significance, I don't think it gets better than Jordan against the Jazz. If only he had stayed retired.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The kid who intercepted the inbounds pass has got to be kicking himself right now. He doesn't even need to dribble. If he just stands there holding the ball for 1 second then they win whatever championship this was for.

Or at least if you feel the need to do something with the ball, chuck it straight up in the air.

6fQjS3M.png

I wonder if they get the call if they're playing in a gym that doesn't have the orange lights around the hoop. I bet those helped the ref make the call.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived