New University of Calgary Logo

monkeypower

The University of Calgary Dinos went through a rebranding.

From the Calgary Herald, "Along with the logo, which was designed and produced in-house at no additional cost, the university also announced a five-year partnership with T. Litzen Sports, the exclusive service provider of the Nike Team program, to outfit the Dinos with the iconic ‘swoosh’. T. Litzen Sports is the only Nike Team dealer in the country and is based in Dundas, Ont."

For reference:

OLD:

UofC%20Dinos%20Logo.png

NEW:

524809_10151388900021943_940797376_n.png

I agree with the rebrand as the old one seemed dated but this is a step back for me as the new one looks like Barney with claws and teeth. Thoughts from anyone else?

IbjBaeE.png

Dinos?

They were originally called the Dinosaurs from the 60's to 1999 then it was officially shortened to Dinos.

The name comes from the legend that when they were excavating ground to build the university, they found dinosaur bones in the ground. :rolleyes:

IbjBaeE.png

I'm getting a family pizza joint vibe from this. Like Peter Piper or something. "Honey, grab the kids -- we're going to Dino's for dinner!"

There's actually a pizza place no far from where I live called Deanos, which uses Deano the Dino from the Flinstones.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Canadian universities don't seem to have a lot of good team logos. Then again, the culture of student athletics up here seems so different from that in the States.

The only one I really like is U of T's logo. Maybe even Manitoba's.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

The old Dino's logo looks better than the new. The new looks like it should be used for a fast food chain. I agree with logo-maker; a skeletal Dino would be a good idea for them.

My university's sports logo isn't too bad for a small university - Lakehead Thunderwolves:

I admit including 'Thunder' in the name for Thunder Bay is kind of stupid.

lakehead-thunderwolves-logo-257x300.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

This is a joke right? Its gotta be a joke, right? Please don't let this be real

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived