Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only two days left, right? I expect some good looking uniforms. Can't wait actually.

Correct. Uniforms will be revealed on Thursday. Still haven't seen any info from the team on what time it will take place. I'd almost guarantee it will be streamed live on the team website, though.

Concept designed by Big Dub...

By far my favorite concept, but I hate the logo on the back of the jersey. I don't know why literally everyone sticks a logo there in concepts but it looks tacky and dumb as hell.

BqXMoM0IgAAZ6de.png

These are really nice. Especially the side panels and the C Crown too.
shado_logo.gif

Argyle down the side of the Hornets? ? Hmmm id love it but with pinstripes might be too much. But if done right could be good. If done wrong could end up like this mess!

157965_original.png

.... these existed?

Only for the All-Star weekend celebrity game.

Jaguars

The Hornets have done a really good job of keeping anything from leaking.

I think we will see something very close to Big Dub's concept and I would be fine with that.

The Hornets still have not announced a time for the Unveil tomorrow. I wonder what they are planning?

Hornets Uniform Unveil
Time Warner Cable® Arena
June 19 | Stay Tuned

Article in today's paper about the designer of the original uniforms and how he was left out of the design process this time around. With all the money the team/league is making off his "throwbacks," they should have at least let him sit in on a few meetings.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/06/17/4985144/charlotte-hornets-evolution-of.html#.U6GkpmcU-Ul

Alexander Julian thought he was making the new Charlotte Hornets an offer they couldn’t refuse: To design their new uniforms for free.
Turns out they not only could refuse it: They did.
The Hornets plan to unveil their new uniforms for the 2014-15 season on Thursday. They will employ teal and purple as their primary colors. Those were the same colors Julian used for those beloved original uniforms in 1988 at the request of then-owner George Shinn. Those uniforms created a worldwide sports merchandise sensation.
But Julian – a nationally renowned designer who grew up in Chapel Hill – isn’t involved in the reboot. Is he surprised?
“I wasn’t surprised,” Julian said by phone from his home in Connecticut. “I was shocked. To not even have me as a consultant for free? I just don’t get it.”
Fred Whitfield, the Charlotte Hornets’ president, said it was an honor to meet Julian but the team ultimately decided to do all of its rebranding work under the Nike/Jordan Brand umbrella.
  • G3D8B.Em.138.jpg

Still don't get the rational for pleated shorts - in sports, or just life in general.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Hornets have done a really good job of keeping anything from leaking.

I think we will see something very close to Big Dub's concept and I would be fine with that.

The Hornets still have not announced a time for the Unveil tomorrow. I wonder what they are planning?

Hornets Uniform Unveil

Time Warner Cable® Arena

June 19 | Stay Tuned

One more day..and I agree. The jerseys must be held in Fort Knox!! I'm so surprised.
shado_logo.gif

Archived