2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Greg Sherman still the GM? Seems kinda counter productive to bring a new management group, yet keep him on. Might as well just make Sakic GM.

But good hire by the Avs, if anything they're relevant again.

Picks 15-26 are now set for the draft:

15 = N.Y. Islanders

16 = Buffalo (from MIN)

17 = Detroit

18 = Ottawa

19 = Columbus (from NYR)

20 = San Jose

21 = Toronto

22 = Calgary (from STL)

23 = Washington

24 = Vancouver

25 = Montreal

26 = Anaheim

"With the fourth pick in the 2013 draft, the Nashville Predators select some fungible galoot who will play stay-at-home defense in Milwaukee for the next five years."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Winnipeg has announced an affiliation with the Ontario Reign of the ECHL. Their AHL affiliate, as we know, is in St. John's NL. 4400 miles for a quick call up.

Has calgary scorched so many midwestern cities that there's absolutely nothing closer the Jets can make a deal with?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Looks like its a joint affiliation with the Kings. I saw that and said "Wow, the Kings let Ontario go?" (especially because they're owned by AEG and you know the whole Kings/Reign name thing.) but they're going to share for whatever reason.

Was Winnipeg confused and surprised to learn that when they saw Ontario, CA that the CA was California and not Canada?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

According to Sportscentre this morning, the Rangers are talking to Alain Vigenault and Dallas Eakins.

I called that the minute I heard that torts was fired.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Oh God, Vigneault in New York? Please no.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

"With the fourth pick in the 2013 draft, the Nashville Predators select some fungible galoot who will play stay-at-home defense in Milwaukee for the next five years."

I see that Buffalo drafts 8th (own) and 16th (Minnesota's via Pominville) this year. They should really try to trade up with Nashville; the Preds would draft a #16 guy with #4 anyway. Won't be enough to get Jones or MacKinnon, but maybe Drouin?

Columbus might be wise to package two of 14, 19, and 27-30. That's even Nashvillier.

Chicago is the only team left in the playoffs that owns its first-round pick (LA to Columbus for Carter, Pittsburgh to Calgary for Iginla, Boston to Dallas for Jagr lol whoopsydaisy), but they don't have a second, third (Oduya), or fourth (Handzus). Should be a big draft for parity!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So all these little tiny rule changes and yet we're still stuck with the stupid trapezoid?

I AM curious to see if the shallower nets actually do anything. It may make for some quicker wraparound attempts with that much less of an arc to have to skate across, even if it's "only" 4" shallower.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

So all these little tiny rule changes and yet we're still stuck with the stupid trapezoid?

I AM curious to see if the shallower nets actually do anything. It may make for some quicker wraparound attempts with that much less of an arc to have to skate across, even if it's "only" 4" shallower.

Come to think of it, the nets really only need to be deep enough for the puck to fit. I'm in favor of this change. It gives players more room behind the net and it has no disadvantages for the goalies.

When Marty retires they will get rid of the Brodeur box

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ugh. This Brodeur/trapezoid persecution complex from Devils fans... Because without it, Marty and Jersey would be terrorizing the league? Please.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived