MLB Uniform Rankings

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9232494/battle-mlb-uniforms

Only thing I don't like is they focus too much on logos in the rankings. It's not a logo contest. Eg. Cleveland is ranked last in the AL due to the fact that they wear Chief Wahoo on their caps.

Agree somewhat with the AL, but Houston is too high (above Boston, Toronto) and Cleveland is too low.

NL is pretty bang-on (San Diego, Arizona and Miami lowest).

sig.png

Is there a fantasy pick 'em for this fantasy tournament? And, historically, is the 5 vs. 11 matchup a bit of a pickle to predict? I forget.

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

do they even proof read their articles before posting them? The black Sox logo from the Winning Ugly team??? Um they are currently wearing the winning ugly uniforms this season for every home game on sundays, so it's not like Caple could forget about these uniforms and realize the current SOX logo is not from those uniforms.....

Just voted and quite surprised by a few. The A's are leading the Jays, and the Nats are leading the Mets. The Twins and Angels are deadlocked right now.

The OAK/TOR and NYM/WSH results surprised me as well. I happen to think the Jays and Mets have Top 5 sets.

The Jays and A's are the hardest matchup. Both so beautiful. Everything else is pretty much a sure shot.

The A's are the clear choice. Best uniforms in baseball, plus a unique color scheme.

I like the Jays' uniforms, but I wish they kept the old color scheme and just changed the logo and design. That shade of blue they used looked amazing on the field and charcoal actually made sense considering what a real blue jay looks like.

I'd be shocked if the Yankees didn't win this though. Even though their uniforms are a little overrated (4 different interlocking NY's... those boring road uniforms...), as with all ESPN polls, people will just vote for their favorite team and the Yankees have the most bandwagon fans.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Jays and A's are the hardest matchup. Both so beautiful. Everything else is pretty much a sure shot.

The A's are the clear choice. Best uniforms in baseball, plus a unique color scheme.

I like the Jays' uniforms, but I wish they kept the old color scheme and just changed the logo and design. That shade of blue they used looked amazing on the field and charcoal actually made sense considering what a real blue jay looks like.

Um....no.

The black an charcoal was the uniform equivalent of the team wandering in the wilderness. I'm not saying they have a better look then the Athletics (though I'd say it's close) but their look is very sharp, and a return to what the team should look like. As a fan I'm happy the Jays look like the Jays again.

Um....no.

The black an charcoal was the uniform equivalent of the team wandering in the wilderness.

To be fair, they've still sucked in the current uniforms. :P

I'm not saying change the design - just replace the royal blue with that beautiful shade of light blue from the previous set and the navy with charcoal.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Um....no.

The black an charcoal was the uniform equivalent of the team wandering in the wilderness.

To be fair, they've still sucked in the current uniforms. :P

Well at least they look like the Toronto Blue Jays. That's my point, you see.

I'm not saying change the design - just replace the royal blue with that beautiful shade of light blue from the previous set and the navy with charcoal.

I can't say I would be a fan of that. I prefer the double blue with a hint of red for the reasons stated above.

Paul Lukas on the Rockies: "If only they'd stop wearing that accursed black vest with the black undersleeves."

They haven't been worn once all season...

I'm starting to think its gone. Do you know if their equip manager has a twitter? I might ask him. Usually by this time, they've worn the black quite a bit.

spacer.png

I'd be shocked if the Yankees didn't win this though. Even though their uniforms are a little overrated (4 different interlocking NY's... those boring road uniforms...), as with all ESPN polls, people will just vote for their favorite team and the Yankees have the most bandwagon fans.

I agree about the Blue Jays previous colors. They should have just changed the logo, and used more of the blue instead of too much of the black.The colors fit a real Blue Jay, looks very sharp together, and are distinctive.

Archived