NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BjCoS8VCIAAyN2d.jpg

I love this look that's been consistently used throughout to process. Super clean, modern, fresh. Surprised the 2 crests to choose from look nothing like this. On one hand I like the retro feel of the two crest options but then think, come on, this is NYC, it should be something that is modern, progressive, yet done in a high design style. Just my thought. Below was my favorite from the beginning.

349_NYCFC-Ball-Thumb.jpg

Bit of a funny gaff on the part of the NYCFC people

BjNgYYMCYAAK7xp.jpg

i don't get it?

MLS fans hate it when the league is referred to as "The MLS" because it's not considered grammatically correct. (If you expand the acronym it becomes "Welcome to the Major League Soccer").

It's kind of a silly pet peeve that people were bashing them for on twitter.

They already corrected it so it's really no harm done.

http://shop.nycfc.com/?utm_source=nycfccom&utm_medium=textheader&utm_campaign=HomeMainMenu

Edit: That was how it was explained to me when I made that mistake one time.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Not a bad logo for a club without any history.

How can they have a history when they haven't even played a game yet?

Every team starts from the point they are at right now.

I'm not entirely sure how that crest is imparting "faux history"? Are you saying that only clubs that have been around for a long time can have simple and well-designed crests?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm not entirely sure how that crest is imparting "faux history"? Are you saying that only clubs that have been around for a long time can have simple and well-designed crests?

Not at all. It's the retro feel of the NYCFC badge that I have a problem with. Especially when all their other marketing materials have been very modern and fresh. Just seems like someone at the top wanted to look historic rather than progressive. So simple and well-designed, sure I'm all for it. But crafted to imply a false sense of history, I'm not so keen on that.

Not at all. It's the retro feel of the NYCFC badge that I have a problem with. Especially when all their other marketing materials have been very modern and fresh. Just seems like someone at the top wanted to look historic rather than progressive. So simple and well-designed, sure I'm all for it. But crafted to imply a false sense of history, I'm not so keen on that.

I think they were trying to go for the "timeless" look. The problem with the "modern and progressive" look is that it can become extremely dated in 10-15 years if it's not done right.

They probably took a look at how the Nets rebranded themselves when they got to Brooklyn and decided to copy elements from that. Especially in how they combined modern elements in their marketing with more retro ones in their branding.

Not a bad logo for a club without any history.

How can they have a history when they haven't even played a game yet?

Every team starts from the point they are at right now.

Uh... Yeah? That's what I said. It's a good crest for a team that lacks history. I wasn't questioning why they don't have any history.

I was mostly making a comment regarding this because there are a few NASL teams (The Cosmos, for one) that have had over 30 years of history, so their identity isn't as bland as the new New York team. They did a good job not trying to implement a 'faux-history' type logo that i've seen before, but I still would've preferred to see the Cosmos get brought into the MLS. Oh well.

Archived