NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm seeing idiots comparing it to Real Madrid.

313872d1361701041-barcelona-vs-real-madr

I+CAN+T+HANDLE+THIS+HIGH+FEEL+FREQUENCY+

One thing I've learned about NYCFC is that there's a certain number of MLS fans, mostly Red Bull supporters (and, to my chagrin, a number of Cosmos fans), who are very threatened by this new team. They'll go to any lengths to denigrate it when they can, even absurd ones.

I am stunned how well this came out. Just think how many ways this could have gone badly. I vote the roundel 100%. The other isn't bad either.

For those that don't like the NYC monogram, on account of too thin, too much empty space-- I have a feeling the Yankees nixed a version that was closer to their trademark, and this was an alternative. In any case I personally like this one just fine-- has that sort of 30's vintage NY feel to it.

NewYorker.cr.jpg

I agree about the monogram. Isn't my favorite, but it's fine. Still prefer the "best of both worlds" mash-up.

nycfc_mashup-crest1.png

Some NYCFC fans are trying to drum up support on Twitter the way Portland Timbers fans got their logo tweaked after the unveiling. We'll see, it's a tall order.

You have to remember that the pre-MLS Timber's Army was much more powerful than the NYCFC fans are right now since they had more people due to how long they were established for.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I like the shape of the first one but there's to much negative space. And I don't like the 2nd one because circle badges remind me of the crappy looking fill in badges for 3rd world teams in the FIFA games.

I think I know what the biggest problem is for me personally. The NYC monogram looks like it's trying to hard to be old school. Maybe its the fact that every sorority girl at VSU has a monogram on her car but I like the monograms that are more...smooth...if that makes since. The N is just WAY to small compared to the Y and the C

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

In any case I personally like this one just fine-- has that sort of 30's vintage NY feel to it.

NewYorker.cr.jpg

I would see that point if they used a sans serif, art deco-esque font. However, the one they used just looks thin to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

In any case I personally like this one just fine-- has that sort of 30's vintage NY feel to it.

NewYorker.cr.jpg

I would see that point if they used a sans serif, art deco-esque font. However, the one they used just looks thin to me.

Agreed -- it looks to me like an Adobe Illustrator novice trying to go for that art-deco look.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Wow, I actually can't believe that I was the only one of this board who liked the left one better. ^^

It's more recognizable internationally, unique and would look nice on a sky blue jersey. The roundel is a bit too busy for me actually. I think all those elements doesn't flow well together. For example the white outline of the inner circle and the orange outline of the outer circle just look weird together. I also think roundels just look good when there is a decent amount of white in it. Switch the navy and the white in the inner circle and it will look better. I think it would even be better if they'd just switch the navy and the sky blue.

Don't get me wrong, the left one has weaknesses either, like the empty space and the golden outline. But imo it would be the better choice for this club.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Don't know why. Maybe they had previously rejected it in the shield, thought it was too busy. But since the goal was to get the club to take it seriously, they were removed.

You're interested in the club- if you like this mash-up make sure they know. Facebook, Twitter, email. I think what the supporters are doing is unspeakably cool.

Archived