NYC FC Branding

ksupilot

So the badge design campaign is set up to solicit fan designs, photos, etc. that will become a mosaic depicting the crest:

New York City FC today invited fans to get creative and participate in a first of its kind campaign in sports.

Supporters have been asked to create their very own soccer badge design which, once submitted, will become a pixel of the official New York City FC team badge mosaic to be revealed in March of this year. This resulting “badge of badges” mosaic will become a lasting tribute to the founding fans of New York City’s newest sports team who were with them from the very beginning.

The final Club badge mosaic will allow fans to zoom in to find their own design permanently displayed within the shield. A physical manifestation of the mosaic will also be on display in the Club’s permanent facilities.

There is no limit to the number or nature of designs a fan can submit and designs can include photographs, sketches, fans’ names, a pet’s name, or even a seven a side team – whatever the “designer” feels represents them as a fan of New York City FC.
In order to facilitate the design and submission process, the Club has created a badge generation tool, known as the “badge configurator”. It is simple enough to allow all fans to participate in this most significant of symbols for the Club.

So it looks like we're getting the branding next month when the mosaic is unveiled.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually you do that in agar.

:upside:

I'm going to give that a POTD nomination.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So we've learned that the club will unveil two designs (which may or may not incorporate elements of the fan badges, if somebody submits something they like) and there will be a fan vote on the two ending March 9th:

http://www.nycisblue.com/2014/02/more-on-team-crest.html

Some great designs have been put forward. I've become rather partial to this one:

nycfc_brand_id_skyblue_23_2x.jpg

So we've learned that the club will unveil two designs (which may or may not incorporate elements of the fan badges, if somebody submits something they like) and there will be a fan vote on the two ending March 9th:

Some great designs have been put forward. I've become rather partial to this one:

Fantastic

I like this one too. I was thinking that since the double blue is already done by Sporting KC, maybe swap out the navy blue for black. I know the navy is for the Yankees, but still. Maybe they could do pinstripes instead.

I also like the subway token concept in my avatar.

Is that done by the same guy who did the pentagon-themed design a few months ago or someone who ripped off his crest shape and typeface for the exterior?

6fQjS3M.png

I also like this one, for a more modern feel:

mynycfc_concept_p_michalowi.png

Nice secondary logo in the bottom left corner, too.

I haven't seen that one. Not bad. I love the token and the interlocking nyc ones though. I hope the club has seen them. I hope their designers have submitted them in some way. How awful would it be to end up with something disappointing after seeing these awesome unsolicited ones.

Archived